White House bans news outlets that are breaking stories on Trump's ties to Russia…

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.mediaite.com/online/cnn-and-other-media-outlets-blocked-from-white-house-gaggle/
A number of media outlets have been blocked from attending a White House press gaggle being held today. Among those banned are CNN, Politico, the LA Times, BuzzFeed and the New York Times.

The Associated Press and TIME boycotted the gaggle due to these outlets being banned.

As noted above, some mainstream outlets were allowed in, such as ABC and CBS, as well as a number of conservative ones.

According to the White House, there was not a gaggle block as the pool was represented and some others were merely added.

hm.gif

FAKE SPEECH…

Comments

• Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Show us proof he has ties to Russia
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe if he would let them .... nah you know what, you right
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    7figz wrote: »
    This is one case where I'd be interested to see if the media makes use of all the power it has.

Media v Trump needs to happen.

They should've went in more during the campaign but I don't see why they're still playing with him. Gotta be just as shady as he was and is. Get the dirt on the MF and his crew - it's there.

Problem is there is plenty of stuff already out there that shoulda disqualified him from his presidential aspirations but it was looked at by the media, voters, and his Republican collegues with collective meh.

They underestimated him and his far right following as well as the fact that some people will never vote Democrat regardless of how garbage their perspective candidate may be.

Now to his credit he's attacking the media and his spineless party leaders know he's garbage but they'd rather shut up and use him to pass agenda and the American public especially the rural uneducated poplice will cling to their religion and guns when things widen beyond their cognitive understanding and the Republican party strategically panders to those types.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, impeachment is coming sooner than later.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crude_ wrote: »
    This is one case where I'd be interested to see if the media makes use of all the power it has.

They should've went in more during the campaign but I don't see why they're still playing with him. Gotta be just as shady as he was and is. Get the dirt on the MF and his crew - it's there.

Problem is there is plenty of stuff already out there that shoulda disqualified him from his presidential aspirations but it was looked at by the media, voters, and his Republican collegues with collective meh.

They underestimated him and his far right following as well as the fact that some people will never vote Democrat regardless of how garbage their perspective candidate may be.

Now to his credit he's attacking the media and his spineless party leaders know he's garbage but they'd rather shut up and use him to pass agenda and the American public especially the rural uneducated poplice will cling to their religion and guns when things widen beyond their cognitive understanding and the Republican party strategically panders to those types.

^ Truth. I wouldn't even try to change peoples' minds. People are full of ? . I'd publish that ? into the ground though. Every lie - every document I uncover about Trump, I'd publish a count of the number of days Trump hasn't published his taxes, keep running every lie and false promise he made, every hypocritical action he's taken (v. his campaign lies), every lawsuit against him, or his companies, every bankruptcy, every crooked step he ever took... and I'd do that ? every single day.

And, instead of just talking about it, they should be taking the case to the courts - even if it gets turned down.

Since Trump also alienates judges, see if the white house can win a case supporting barring certain medias out of the white house.

And sue for slander when he calls them "fake news".

Publish "dirt" on him and Kellyanne, and Spicer, and Bannon, and his "wife", all that foul ? .

Until I see ? like that, I have a feeling they're just playing with him.

• farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crude_ wrote: »

^ Truth. I wouldn't even try to change peoples' minds. People are full of ? . I'd publish that ? into the ground though. Every lie - every document I uncover about Trump, I'd publish a count of the number of days Trump hasn't published his taxes, keep running every lie and false promise he made, every hypocritical action he's taken (v. his campaign lies), every lawsuit against him, or his companies, every bankruptcy, every crooked step he ever took... and I'd do that ? every single day.

And, instead of just talking about it, they should be taking the case to the courts - even if it gets turned down.

Since Trump also alienates judges, see if the white house can win a case supporting barring certain medias out of the white house.

And sue for slander when he calls them "fake news".

Publish "dirt" on him and Kellyanne, and Spicer, and Bannon, and his "wife", all that foul ? .

Until I see ? like that, I have a feeling they're just playing with him.

I agree, media just needs to say ? it and go to war with his punk ass, and i.guarantee theyd come out on top
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    seems like major outlets other than the ones directly impacted are reporting on this story.

this cant be life
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    You small minded ? don't understand......as much as I dislike Trump CNN has been caught lying over and over again and other major news outlets. Its not journalism its a paycheck to get ratings. Its all smoke and mirrors

http://palmbeachhealthbeat.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2016/12/16/doctors-lawyer-cnn-purposefully-skewered-death-rate/

CNN deliberately exaggerated the death rate of infants undergoing heart surgery at St. Mary’s Medical Center, purposefully painting a renowned surgeon as an incompetent doctor who butchers babies for profit, the physician’s lawyer told a judge on Friday.

Dr. Michael Black is suing CNN for libel and defamation for its story on June 1, 2015, about St. Mary’s pediatric cardiac surgery program. The hospital closed the program a few months later and its CEO resigned.

No more fake news!
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only been a month - Lawd have mercy
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bannon wild. I mean Trump. no I mean Bannon cuz he running that ? show.

my wife asked me the other night whats the chances of us having a civil war? I laughed at her like you paranoid as hell. now im starting to think this ? might get that bad. these ? crazy. they barring the media. they got that deconstruction ? going on. they about to rebuild the military. its really about to go down.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake news is also an issue over here in the UK, I'm with Trump on this one.

• farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

What fake news is cnn doing in regards to trump?? They reporting the same ? as erbody else, or it because they call him out on his ? ??? Foh
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Russian wife

A person of his HAND PICKED staff was fired for meeting with Russian officials and being at a function sitting at a table with Putin.

Saying Putin is a great guy.
  • semi-auto-mato
    edited February 2017

if he is going to ban news outlets that he considers to be fake because they fall under the liberal umbrella then he is going against our constitution. He is controlling the information put out to the people. trump administration has been asked to provide examples of the fake news. he can't provide that. now he is just doing some strange ? .

here in the U.S. Trump hasn't governed thru legislation yet. he hasn't argued for anything or stated his case on some bill. he was supposed to have been finishing up the replacement for obamacare weeks ago. we aint heard nothing. He signs executive order after executive order. he just signed a deconstruction order. The can change our government drastically.

it might be a lot of fake news going on in the UK but here what trump is doing is borderline criminal.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    You small minded ? don't understand......as much as I dislike Trump CNN has been caught lying over and over again and other major news outlets. Its not journalism its a paycheck to get ratings. Its all smoke and mirrors

http://palmbeachhealthbeat.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2016/12/16/doctors-lawyer-cnn-purposefully-skewered-death-rate/

CNN deliberately exaggerated the death rate of infants undergoing heart surgery at St. Mary’s Medical Center, purposefully painting a renowned surgeon as an incompetent doctor who butchers babies for profit, the physician’s lawyer told a judge on Friday.

Dr. Michael Black is suing CNN for libel and defamation for its story on June 1, 2015, about St. Mary’s pediatric cardiac surgery program. The hospital closed the program a few months later and its CEO resigned.

No more fake news!

FOH - vs FOX news ?

This ain't a matter of "lying". This MF is trying to pick only news outlets that will run the stories he wants to run.

And who the ? you calling small-minded, boot-licker.

Where were your posts complaining about "fake news" before Trump gave you the term ?

Isn't Fox news where Trump got his erroneous Sweden story earlier this week ? But he doesn't consider them fake news. Again - FOH.
  • semi-auto-mato

No more fake news!

that is not fake news. there might be an error in there. according to the hospital cnn calculations is off because of lack of detail. cnn sued for the information and went off of what they were given. how is that fake news?

• Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is wrong on every level. As i was against certain media colluding with the DNC im against Trump's efforts to control the narrative of his administration.

Media scrutiny and harsh public opinion come with the job. I'd assume this will only make said banned outlets more vigilant though.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

No more fake news!

FOH - vs FOX news ?

This ain't a matter of "lying". This MF is trying to pick only news outlets that will run the stories he wants to run.
    Thank you!
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

No more fake news!

Lmao at no more fake news. The source u provided is the palm beach post.....a news organization with right wing leanings. U serious with this ? or just trolling for reactions??
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it werent for CNN we'd be having a sanders presidency, ? them.

How do u figure that??