The Official President Obama, Michelle Obama and Family Appreciation Thread.

Options
123457»

Comments

• matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    gh0st wrote: »
    We'll never have another president that looks this cool.

barackwithshades.jpeg

And I'm definitely going to miss this guy:

839e3de4c9dfaefc83eb6f937bd67ff9.jpg

Man i wish he woulda ran

just read a whole story on biden on why he didnt. whole mess of reasons.

- Hillary sucked up a lot of reliable donors. and Biden is not rich at all

- time he wouldve been focusing on campaign, he was taking care of his dying son

- he thought that his entry in the race would have taken votes from hillary and given the nod to bernie and he wouldve lost his own love in the establishment

- he ran twice and did poorly both times, and he had a plagiarism scandal in the 80s

- he admitted that if anyone he debated against wouldve said, "youre just running to heal from losing your son" he wouldve punched him on live tv rofl

- he thought his gaffes would have hurt him , like they did hillary

- he knew that obama would want to hand the keys over to the first female president

shame too. He wouldve won. Or at least squeaked it out. I cant imagine him losing PA (his home) AND Michigan.

• matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    9emz04qjthyf.jpg
    man, if the guy on the left ever wants to get into politics, now is the time.

Only problem is I heard he's a college dropout (would look bad to some people) and hes the classic hollywood liberal. Bet he does a ton of ? for poor people though.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    I thought they said Biden would run in the next election?

Since president ? won I'm sure none of that ? he was worried about would matter anymore.
  • gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Since president ? won I'm sure none of that ? he was worried about would matter anymore.

I got a bad feeling that since trump won everybody gonna try to run and they will try to be more outrageous than him. Side effect of letting "reality tv" into politics. Just as with the shows every next season has to have more fights cussin and scandals than the last one in order for people to tune in. I believe in our lifetime very soon we will see 2 politicians physically fight at a debate or a congress session.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pete Souza, the man behind the camera who has taking all of these pics for President Obama throughout the years.
    https://youtu.be/RgI65EeauJ8

• BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    9emz04qjthyf.jpg
    man, if the guy on the left ever wants to get into politics, now is the time.

Only problem is I heard he's a college dropout (would look bad to some people) and hes the classic hollywood liberal. Bet he does a ton of ? for poor people though.

“I didn’t live my life in the right way for politics, you know,” Clooney, 49, tells Newsweek in this week’s cover story. “I [expletive] too many chicks and did too many drugs, and that’s the truth.”
  • BobOblah
    Options
    ^that quotes years old though, pre Trump era, when people thought you had to have some level respectable conduct to be president
  • BobOblah
    Options
    gh0st wrote: »

I got a bad feeling that since trump won everybody gonna try to run and they will try to be more outrageous than him. Side effect of letting "reality tv" into politics. Just as with the shows every next season has to have more fights cussin and scandals than the last one in order for people to tune in. I believe in our lifetime very soon we will see 2 politicians physically fight at a debate or a congress session.

been said 100 times but the movie Idiocracy is officially a documentary.

Kanye may as well run at this point
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
  • fortyacres
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Just reminded me i istill havent read it i got a gang of article in my read folder.. one must prepare him/herself for Ta-nehisi

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Just reminded me i istill havent read it i got a gang of article in my read folder.. one must prepare him/herself for Ta-nehisi

You ain't lying. Even his black panther comics are heavy and wordy af
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/obama-twelfth-best-president-cspan
    Obama Ranks 12th Best In C-SPAN Survey Of Presidential Historians

Former President Barack Obama was ranked 12th best among 43 former presidents in in C-SPAN’s third-ever survey of dozens of presidential historians.

The network asked 91 presidential historians to rank every former president on 10 leadership attributes. C-SPAN also performed the survey in 2000 and 2009.

Obama ranked favorably compared to his immediate predecessors: George W. Bush ranked at No. 33 (up from 36 in 2009), George H.W. Bush was No. 20 (down from 18), and Bill Clinton held steady at No. 15.

Ronald Reagan was judged the ninth best president of all time, up from No. 10 in 2009.

In a press release accompanying the results, historian Richard Norton Smith, an academic adviser for the project, noted that five of the top 10 judged presidents in the American pantheon served between 1933 and 1969.

“It reinforces Franklin Roosevelt's claim to be not only the first modern president but the man who, in reinventing the office, also established the criteria by which we judge our leaders,” he said.

C-SPAN asked historians to rate each president, on a scale of 1-10, on 10 difference leadership attributes: "Public Persuasion," "Crisis Leadership," "Economic Management," "Moral Authority," "International Relations," "Administrative Skills," "Relations with Congress," "Vision/Setting An Agenda," "Pursued Equal Justice for All," and "Performance Within the Context of His Times."
  • fortyacres
    Options
    Barack and Michelle Obama agree Penguin Random House book deal

Former US President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle have agreed a book deal with Penguin Random House.
    "The company has acquired world publication rights for two books, to be written by President and Mrs Obama respectively," the publisher said.

Titles and other details have not been disclosed but the deal is believed to be worth over $60m.
    Mr Obama is the author of the bestsellers Dreams from My Father and The Audacity of Hope.
    Mrs Obama has written American Grown - a book about food and gardening.

"With their words and their leadership, they changed the world, and every day, with the books we publish at Penguin Random House, we strive to do the same," Penguin Random House CEO Markus Dohle said.

"Now, we are very much looking forward to working together with President and Mrs Obama to make each of their books global publishing events of unprecedented scope and significance."
This discussion has been closed.