Options
124»

Comments

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    thats funny..
    uv been the one assuming and "reading between the lines" this whole time..

and u right..
    all that ? u mentioned is happening across the board.. I always say that.. none of these issues are exclusive to blacks and I hate when ? act as if it is.. I hate when I hear "u never see such and such race.." I'm the first on here to say "yes.. I do!"

but u know what I find odd... I live in the suburbs now..
    and I believe iv made mention of it before.. that its not necessarily a white neighborhood.. its jus that u only find whites and other ethnicities willing to LEAVE their "hood"..

whereas blacks pride themselves on bein hood..

now what u don't ever see is whites who made it out they trailer parks talking about "save the trailer parks" nah.. they do what the ? they gotta do and move on.. they come back and visit they family on the holidays..
    blacks, a whole family will live within a 10 mile radius of each other ..and even those who want to move and see the ? can't see leaving their family behind.. so they stay to suffer with them.

how the ? u go ever fly if u never leave the nest??

This is absolutely 100% non-factual.

There is a reason why across America there is a China Town, Jew town, Lil Italy, Irish town, etc etc. Cut it out.

Blacks pride themselves on being and living among their own people just like every other ethnic group.

This mentality certainly doesn't make it the right thing to do. Most whites who think this way do so because, the logic is, this country is setup for whites to succeed in every way imaginable so, if you're white and failing you must be a royal ? .

I find your way of think appalling. Blacks living among each other should be a natural and celebrated thing. For you to assert that Blacks are living among in each other in sufferation is 100% false.

You fly by flying. Where you rest your head, and call home doesn't hinder a persons thirst for knowledge, or exploration.

dude.. shut up. lol & smmfh

this conversation is over..
    u sound like a ? idiot.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Hevalisk wrote: »
    findin it hard to give a ? ..
    been sayin we need to quarantine the hood for a minute now..

everybody cant be saved..

"its easier to build strong children then to repair broken men."
    -Fredrick Douglas

Problem with this is white people are the ones making the decisions, and you know who they think.

There will be many black neighborhoods that aren't the hood, but will be categorized as such.

nah the problem is ? let this ? get THIS out of hand to the point they givin the crackas the excuse..

u cant help bein born in the hood..
    but i cant help it if u choose to stay there..

and this aint an attack on all blacks its an attack on poor blacks.. this is an attack on the poor period cause police is killin poor whites too.. its jus not news worthy.. so the more affluent black neighborhoods where most of u ? come from will be safe as it always has..

but nah..
    i still stand by what i said..
    ? needs to be fumigated.. the writings is on the wall so if u still there by next yr not only do i not know what to tell u..

i dont know where to find a ? to give either..

I agree with most of this, with the exception of the bolded. It's easier to win a game if you start off even vs startin off down 20. People in the hood are born into an environment where you're encouraged to ? yourself at every turn from the time you can walk. Not everyone is going to possess the resolve to rise above that.

From poor education, to mcdonalds on every block, to gun stores, to cigarette ads everywhere you look, even hip hop, the voice that replaces a lot of fathers drawing weak minded ? into the belief that their brother is out to get em. You goin to go through a gauntlet to reach what most people born into better situations are born with.

Family?

Come on? WTF kind of statement is that? There is no way you could possibly know that or qualify such a thing. Whites and

I'm not budgin on that one bruh. My eyes don't lie. Furious styles told us that 25 years ago, I ain't really feel it til I moved away from it. I gotta go back into the city to find a popeyes, and a liquor store.

lol Where the hell you live now? Amish country? Granted richer neighborhoods don't have as much fast food and other ? stores, but they do have them despite the fact that most of the people in those areas can afford to never eat at them even when they don't feel like cooking.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

-Fredrick Douglas

Problem with this is white people are the ones making the decisions, and you know who they think.

There will be many black neighborhoods that aren't the hood, but will be categorized as such.

nah the problem is ? let this ? get THIS out of hand to the point they givin the crackas the excuse..

and this aint an attack on all blacks its an attack on poor blacks.. this is an attack on the poor period cause police is killin poor whites too.. its jus not news worthy.. so the more affluent black neighborhoods where most of u ? come from will be safe as it always has..

but nah..
    ? needs to be fumigated.. the writings is on the wall so if u still there by next yr not only do i not know what to tell u..

Are you saying that being poor gives police and our Govt. the right to mistreat them?

I would also, like for you produce something anything that gives some insight into your assertion that Police are shooting and killing poor unarmed whites at the same rate they are unarmed Blacks.

im not sayin that gives them a right..
    im sayin thats what the ? they doing..

and dont put words in my mouth ? ..
    i said "police are killing poor whites too"

so either show me where i said "at the same rate" or show me they aint and ill politely shut the ? up like u shouldve..

ill wait.

The solution isn't always to leave your place of birth. The solution most often times is to address the injustice otherwise is continues. The solution certainly cannot be to "fumigate". Also, there are plenty of police shootings that aren't happening in the hood. Not to mention the "hood" is code for predominately Black neighborhood despite it's affluence.

I apologize for "putting words in your mouth" I was merely reading between the lines. I now realize some of us are a tad more sensitive then others. Anyways. Mentioning whites being shot by police as way to defend, or deflect from Govt. supported\sponsored police violence against Blacks is quite the strawman argument.

the solution isnt "leaving the hood"?!
    see.. thats the problem i have that i spoke on earlier..

aint no savin the hood..
    that aint even LUR hood.. thats where we was placed..
    we dont own the land.. we dont own the property.. we dont own the businesses..

and i dont care what hood is "code" for.. it doesnt change the fact that its ? up.. black people arent ? up.. they are in ? up situations and majority choose to stay in those situations..
    those people aint my problem..

and please.. dont read between my lines.. there's nothin there..
    i say what i mean i mean what i say..

Why do people stay? I don't think it's easy to just up and leave.

Some stay because, despite hardship they have great memories of family and friends

Some stay because, they are hopeful.

Some stay to help change the negative conditions and to maintain the positive conditions.

Some stay because, of familiarity.

Some stay because, financial reasons.

The Why's are endless but there certainly isn't one reason alone and every reason isn't negative one.

u have great memories in ur first car.. does that mean u keep it and not get a better one??
    even though uv put 100s of thousands of miles on it and its breaking down??

"hopeful"?!?! still falling for the old carrot on a string huh??

"maintain the positive conditions??" where!?? lol but anyways.. the poor can't help the poor..

"familiarity" u mean complacency??

financial reasons like what?? rather buy Jordans and rims?? get that new bundle or buy ? to impress other broke people??

please..

keep going..

Sure why not. If, you have the scratch to buy another one. Many of us keep plenty of things simply for sentimental value.

If, it's breaking down of course it's sound to purchase something more reliable. If, it was a ford this doesn't mean you now switch to chevy.

Seems like you've already fallen for the no ? is redeemable idea. Don't project. I know for fact neighborhoods change. I've seen many times over living in NY and now Atl. The issue is, it's done by whites, asians, and other ethnic groups who see profit in neighborhoods where the property values are lowered. We should be doing the same.

Again stop projecting. If, you live a ? life do you. There are strong families that live in what is called the hood. There are mentors, and programs that assist in various ways to enrich it's residents. The fact that you aren't aware shows you're a bystander.

No I mean familiarity. Places you frequent, people you kick it with, worship etc.

So, you don't know any Black owned businesses in the hood? Family from which planet do you hail?

You live in burbs homie. You know nothing about the "hood". If, you did your perspective wouldn't be what it is. And this aint me assuming. You have thoroughly convinced me. You sir are completely out of touch.
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

-Fredrick Douglas

the hood is created by bad policy and discriminatory practices

you quarantine/blow up one hood, another will pop up down the street

don't start with me today. lol

you can't say I'm wrong lol

u love picking out what u want to engage me on which normally doesn't have anything to do with what I'm talking about and where I'm trying to go..

ur good for that ? ..

ur right but thats also besides the point..
    and I also was bein dramatic.. and u know this. lol & smh

it's relevant to the discussion being had

especially we you can be dismissive of those of us who are politically active ...or at least trying to be

you encourage ppl to leave the hood, but most will either struggle....end up back in the hood....or only be leaving one hood for another hood

the ultimate goal should be changes in policy and practices, otherwise the same conditions will continue to produce the same results
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

-Fredrick Douglas

but nah..

I agree with most of this, with the exception of the bolded. It's easier to win a game if you start off even vs startin off down 20. People in the hood are born into an environment where you're encouraged to ? yourself at every turn from the time you can walk. Not everyone is going to possess the resolve to rise above that.

From poor education, to mcdonalds on every block, to gun stores, to cigarette ads everywhere you look, even hip hop, the voice that replaces a lot of fathers drawing weak minded ? into the belief that their brother is out to get em. You goin to go through a gauntlet to reach what most people born into better situations are born with.

thats funny u say that cause i was jus bashin hiphop to a friend.. sayin that now that im older and a parent i see how detrimental it is..

I was driving and caught some new song from No Limit on the radio. Master P, This wealthy, successful, nickelodean, family show ? still rapping about having keys and dumb ? . And he ain't rapping to the people in his age group or the fans that put him in that position so long ago. He insulted all our intelligences and glorified to the younger masses the very thing he'd want his own kids to avoid.

The ? needs to stop.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

-Fredrick Douglas

but nah..

Are you saying that being poor gives police and our Govt. the right to mistreat them?

I would also, like for you produce something anything that gives some insight into your assertion that Police are shooting and killing poor unarmed whites at the same rate they are unarmed Blacks.

im not sayin that gives them a right..
    im sayin thats what the ? they doing..

and dont put words in my mouth ? ..
    i said "police are killing poor whites too"

so either show me where i said "at the same rate" or show me they aint and ill politely shut the ? up like u shouldve..

ill wait.

The solution isn't always to leave your place of birth. The solution most often times is to address the injustice otherwise is continues. The solution certainly cannot be to "fumigate". Also, there are plenty of police shootings that aren't happening in the hood. Not to mention the "hood" is code for predominately Black neighborhood despite it's affluence.

I apologize for "putting words in your mouth" I was merely reading between the lines. I now realize some of us are a tad more sensitive then others. Anyways. Mentioning whites being shot by police as way to defend, or deflect from Govt. supported\sponsored police violence against Blacks is quite the strawman argument.

the solution isnt "leaving the hood"?!
    see.. thats the problem i have that i spoke on earlier..

aint no savin the hood..
    that aint even LUR hood.. thats where we was placed..
    we dont own the land.. we dont own the property.. we dont own the businesses..

and i dont care what hood is "code" for.. it doesnt change the fact that its ? up.. black people arent ? up.. they are in ? up situations and majority choose to stay in those situations..
    those people aint my problem..

and please.. dont read between my lines.. there's nothin there..
    i say what i mean i mean what i say..

Why do people stay? I don't think it's easy to just up and leave.

Some stay because, despite hardship they have great memories of family and friends

Some stay because, they are hopeful.

Some stay to help change the negative conditions and to maintain the positive conditions.

Some stay because, of familiarity.

Some stay because, financial reasons.

The Why's are endless but there certainly isn't one reason alone and every reason isn't negative one.

u have great memories in ur first car.. does that mean u keep it and not get a better one??
    even though uv put 100s of thousands of miles on it and its breaking down??

"hopeful"?!?! still falling for the old carrot on a string huh??

"maintain the positive conditions??" where!?? lol but anyways.. the poor can't help the poor..

"familiarity" u mean complacency??

financial reasons like what?? rather buy Jordans and rims?? get that new bundle or buy ? to impress other broke people??

please..

keep going..

Sure why not. If, you have the scratch to buy another one. Many of us keep plenty of things simply for sentimental value.

If, it's breaking down of course it's sound to purchase something more reliable. If, it was a ford this doesn't mean you now switch to chevy.

Seems like you've already fallen for the no ? is redeemable idea. Don't project. I know for fact neighborhoods change. I've seen many times over living in NY and now Atl. The issue is, it's done by whites, asians, and other ethnic groups who see profit in neighborhoods where the property values are lowered. We should be doing the same.

Again stop projecting. If, you live a ? life do you. There are strong families that live in what is called the hood. There are mentors, and programs that assist in various ways to enrich it's residents. The fact that you aren't aware shows you're a bystander.

No I mean familiarity. Places you frequent, people you kick it with, worship etc.

So, you don't know any Black owned businesses in the hood? Family from which planet do you hail?

You live in burbs homie. You know nothing about the "hood". If, you did your perspective wouldn't be what it is. And this aint me assuming. You have thoroughly convinced me. You sir are completely out of touch.

there u go assuming again my ? ..

this conversation is over tho..
    I know an idiot when I talk to one. lol
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    This is an indictment of those sorry negros who said that there was no difference between Trump and Clinton.

No way would Clinton or any democratic president do this.

The blue lives matter Bill was birthed under Obama right? The first state to implement the bill was a democratic governor of Louisiana yes? Police exercised extreme prejudice to black people across the country with impunity under a democratic administration. And when this democratic presidents own friend was a victim of police injustice, they went to have beer with the cop.

Patterns matter.

Those things are obviously different from what Sessions is doing. Read the O/P as well as Stringer Bell's post. Totally different level. And I said president, not governor.
  • Mseries_
    Mseries_ Members Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopefully, Sessions is out of here by the end of the week.

https://youtu.be/lXnasWXKKWk