Options

Comments

• manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    People are misrepresenting his point. He wasn't just saying that Kap was wrong for his protest. SAS believes that Kap's stance was fake because he didn't vote. I think he's stupid for saying that, but SAS didn't bash Kap for his protests until Kap said he didn't vote. He thinks Kap not voting cancels everything else he's ever said or done. He actually said that.

but didnt Stephen A. admit to not makin an educated vote??!

whats the ? difference??
    if anything he's worse and the underlining problem with today's politics..

? jus out here voting jus to ? vote.

If you have as strong an opinion as Kaepernick on issues facing black America, why wouldn't you vote?? This is the issue I have with ? that are "for the cause". He came out pro Bernie, I believe. So why not at least vote for bernie?? Or, be intelligent and see that there are 2 viable options, and go with what is closer to your views. ? want to be reactive and not proactive. ? all this picketing ? and holding up traffic with protests if you're not following it up by being politically active (i.e. voting). Kaepernick is still american.

So regardless of him not voting, he'll still be governed by the officials he chose not to elect. His kneeling becomes a futile act because what did it accomplish?? It brought attention to black injustices more than video of unarmed blacks getting killed??? Was he hoping these racist whites were going to look at him kneeling and say "I get it now. We've been unfair. Let's change!". Lol the ? did the ? accomplish with no follow through??

He spoke on why he didn't vote in detail.

Whether anyone agrees or likes his reasons for not voting is on them.

A quick google will answer you question on why he didn't vote.

Kap did plenty of follow through google can help with that as well.

Nothing changed for all the kneeling that he did, his inaction and encouragement of said inaction has resulted in an attorney General that will look the other way when cops ? blacks and then punish those who try and sue cops, and has actually killed a lot of the credibility that he may have garnered when he started. Kaepernick won lol. This is an era where ? look at the civil rights movement as an example of how to get things done but don't follow through all the way. And small ? like kneeling is heralded as activism. Ok....

This ? ass response not even worth a reply.

Enjoy your alternative facts!

No response?? Cool...

When you post something actually worthy of a response I will gladly respond.

Ill simplify: What tangible thing did Kaepernick accomplish with kneeling?? Further, what could he have done that wouldve achieved more than him voting and encouraging others to vote with the platform he has?? And go....
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People are misrepresenting his point. He wasn't just saying that Kap was wrong for his protest. SAS believes that Kap's stance was fake because he didn't vote. I think he's stupid for saying that, but SAS didn't bash Kap for his protests until Kap said he didn't vote. He thinks Kap not voting cancels everything else he's ever said or done. He actually said that.

whats the ? difference??

If you have as strong an opinion as Kaepernick on issues facing black America, why wouldn't you vote?? This is the issue I have with ? that are "for the cause". He came out pro Bernie, I believe. So why not at least vote for bernie?? Or, be intelligent and see that there are 2 viable options, and go with what is closer to your views. ? want to be reactive and not proactive. ? all this picketing ? and holding up traffic with protests if you're not following it up by being politically active (i.e. voting). Kaepernick is still american.

So regardless of him not voting, he'll still be governed by the officials he chose not to elect. His kneeling becomes a futile act because what did it accomplish?? It brought attention to black injustices more than video of unarmed blacks getting killed??? Was he hoping these racist whites were going to look at him kneeling and say "I get it now. We've been unfair. Let's change!". Lol the ? did the ? accomplish with no follow through??

Nothing changed for all the kneeling that he did, his inaction and encouragement of said inaction has resulted in an attorney General that will look the other way when cops ? blacks and then punish those who try and sue cops, and has actually killed a lot of the credibility that he may have garnered when he started. Kaepernick won lol. This is an era where ? look at the civil rights movement as an example of how to get things done but don't follow through all the way. And small ? like kneeling is heralded as activism. Ok....

so if kaep voted, trump loses the election?
    his vote would've had a huge impact on an already blue state?

Of course not. But you'd be crazy to assume that Kaepernick and others encouraging people to hold their votes didn't have an impact

i believe 89% of black voters voted against trump
    ? did their part

im more disgusted with the people who voted for trump than those who didnt vote at all
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think his point is, that "they" perceive it as a distraction. So he will address it as a distraction, to speak his point in their own language. Yes it's passive and dismissive. Yes it's giving into their viewpoints, but so are those owners and GMs.

A man just came out and said Randy Moss isn't a HOF cause of distractions. The same man that drafted Rae Carruth in the first round. Like he puts character above all when it suits his own interests.

From the outside looking in though, it's easy to bash Stephen A.
  • manofmorehouse
    Options

whats the ? difference??

Of course not. But you'd be crazy to assume that Kaepernick and others encouraging people to hold their votes didn't have an impact

? did their part

im more disgusted with the people who voted for trump than those who didnt vote at all

89% of the blacks that voted this time. You're right. But there was a significant drop off in voter turnout in the African American community. We can say it was because Obama wasn't in office or whatever but the ramifications of not showing up are already being felt. And honestly, I put those that didn't vote and those that voted for Trump in the same boat. I'm not sure what math equation people use where people that normally vote one way split the vote or don't vote at all and the other side doesn't win
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

whats the ? difference??

No response?? Cool...

Ill simplify: What tangible thing did Kaepernick accomplish with kneeling?? Further, what could he have done that wouldve achieved more than him voting and encouraging others to vote with the platform he has?? And go....
    whats tangible is subjective

In the broad spectrum, he raised awareness and touched a lot of people, let alone donated his time and money in the Bay Area

His kneeling didn't hurt anybody who wasnt a bigot or a ?
  • manofmorehouse
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »

whats the ? difference??

No response?? Cool...

In the broad spectrum, he raised awareness and touched a lot of people, let alone donated his time and money in the Bay Area

Raised awareness to who?? Black people that are already aware of the issues??? Sympathetic whites??? Who was the kneeling targeting?? And make no mistake, I'm not hurt by what Kaepernick did. Kneel, picket, protest, block traffic, jump up and down. But don't assume doing that is changing anything if you're not following up by voting in presidential, midterm, and local government elections. The thread is about Kaepernick being called out. He essentially pump faked. U so outraged by police brutality that you'll kneel for games but won't vote to actually impact the change u seek?? Or hell, put your money up and sponsor a candidate u want to see in office. Instead he sat home. Where's the logic??
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

whats the ? difference??

? did their part

89% of the blacks that voted this time. You're right. But there was a significant drop off in voter turnout in the African American community. We can say it was because Obama wasn't in office or whatever but the ramifications of not showing up are already being felt. And honestly, I put those that didn't vote and those that voted for Trump in the same boat. I'm not sure what math equation people use where people that normally vote one way split the vote or don't vote at all and the other side doesn't win

millions of eligible voters didnt participate in the last election for a few reasons

1. people didnt care for either candidate
    2. voter suppression specifically targeting blacks, the poor, elderly, etc. occurred all throughout 2016. this was the first election in 50 years not to be protected by the Voting Rights Act. the supreme court let that ? fly. i could be wrong, but wasnt kaep's excuse for not voting was that the system is rigged? does this not prove his point?

this clearly impacted voter turnout in our community, yet people like SAS never bring this up. instead he goes on a "? kaep" tirade every chance he gets. he blames blacks and other people of color for the outcome of the election

im not saying your criticism of colin for not voting isn't genuine. but SAS is full of ?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

whats the ? difference??

No response?? Cool...

Raised awareness to who?? Black people that are already aware of the issues??? Sympathetic whites??? Who was the kneeling targeting?? And make no mistake, I'm not hurt by what Kaepernick did. Kneel, picket, protest, block traffic, jump up and down. But don't assume doing that is changing anything if you're not following up by voting in presidential, midterm, and local government elections. The thread is about Kaepernick being called out. He essentially pump faked. U so outraged by police brutality that you'll kneel for games but won't vote to actually impact the change u seek?? Or hell, put your money up and sponsor a candidate u want to see in office. Instead he sat home. Where's the logic??
    What have you done? He did more then you ever will. He also was active in the community. Voting has never solved anything. Once again. Most cop shootings happened under Obama as president and no convictions or punishment aside from that Asian cop who got off light. Voting was not going to stop cops from doing what they do. Now explain what voting would change? You are a fool to believe in white man's system lol.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

whats the ? difference??

No response?? Cool...

Other athletes ?
    Kids who think ? athletes are something to idolize ?
    Out of touch folk ?
    GM's and team owners who think they have complete control of the athletes ?
  • manofmorehouse
    Options

whats the ? difference??

? did their part

millions of eligible voters didnt participate in the last election for a few reasons

1. people didnt care for either candidate
    2. voter suppression specifically targeting blacks, the poor, elderly, etc. occurred all throughout 2016. this was the first election in 50 years not to be protected by the Voting Rights Act. the supreme court let that ? fly. i could be wrong, but wasnt kaep's excuse for not voting was that the system is rigged? does this not prove his point?

this clearly impacted voter turnout in our community, yet people like SAS never bring this up. instead he goes on a "? kaep" tirade every chance he gets. he blames blacks and other people of color for the outcome of the election

im not saying your criticism of colin for not voting isn't genuine. but SAS is full of ?

I definitely agree with u on all parts, but that's why it was important for Kaepernick to not only show up and vote but use his platform, dollars, and fraternity (he's a kappa) to bring about the change he wanted. U think republicans want to improve voter rights, gerrymandering, or just making it easier for minorities to vote??? It's not in their best interest. So why then, would u not take the action needed?? And if he truly believes the system is rigged and the powers that be control everything anyway, that makes him kneeling even less impactful and fruitless, because then youre rrally just wasting your time, no??
  • manofmorehouse
    edited March 2017
    Options
    7figz wrote: »

whats the ? difference??

No response?? Cool...

Other athletes ?
    Out of touch folk ?

- Other athletes (specifically blacks and other minorities) aren't aware of police brutality?? They didn't see the videos of cops killing unarmed blacks??
    - Kids looking up to ? athletes?? Id argue that he would've made a bigger impact by having action behind his kneels. All that showed kids was that it's ok to have make a political statement without having political action
    - out of touch folks were so moved by Kap kneeling that they did what, exactly??
    - GMs and team owners will still feel like they have complete control. What did his demonstrations scare them from doing?? If anything, it made them come out publicly and threaten their players from not following in Kaepernicks footsteps. Again, what did he prove with all of this? Real question
  • manofmorehouse
    edited March 2017
    Options

whats the ? difference??

No response?? Cool...

What have you done? He did more then you ever will. He also was active in the community. Voting has never solved anything. Once again. Most cop shootings happened under Obama as president and no convictions or punishment aside from that Asian cop who got off light. Voting was not going to stop cops from doing what they do. Now explain what voting would change? You are a fool to believe in white man's system lol.

What have I done?? Aside from volunteering at my voting booth, voting in every election in my city and state, and encouraging others to do the same?? Nothing lol. But those things have a bigger impact than standing and protesting ever will. Voting doesn't solve anything?? Lmao u serious with that ? ?? We just saw an election where an unknown senator from Vermont and a TV star were the most likable people on the trail and established themselves as serious politicians (with Trump winning the presidency). Voting doesn't do anything??

So how do u propose bringing in change to this white system?? By kneeling?? Protesting? Lol smh ? love to talk about how they're disenfranchised by "the man" but essentially disenfranchise themselves by believing that the system is broken and I'm powerless so why vote?? Lol meanwhile laws are being enacted by people that do vote that have a direct impact on your life, but keep believing what u will. As far as police policy changing, that's a state issue. When was the last time u voted for your state politicians??? Lol yikes
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

whats the ? difference??

I don't know if SAS is a ? , an idiot, or what, but at the end of the day, he's not someone that should ever be taken seriously outside of him reporting on sports. And I'm specifically talking about him reporting sports. His opinions on sports shouldn't really be taken seriously either.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

whats the ? difference??

No response?? Cool...

Other athletes ?
    Out of touch folk ?

- Other athletes (specifically blacks and other minorities) aren't aware of police brutality?? They didn't see the videos of cops killing unarmed blacks??
    - Kids looking up to ? athletes?? Id argue that he would've made a bigger impact by having action behind his kneels. All that showed kids was that it's ok to have make a political statement without having political action
    - out of touch folks were so moved by Kap kneeling that they did what, exactly??
    - GMs and team owners will still feel like they have complete control. What did his demonstrations scare them from doing?? If anything, it made them come out publicly and threaten their players from not following in Kaepernicks footsteps. Again, what did he prove with all of this? Real question

I'll take it as you not trolling cuz you usually post some decent ? .

Judging by the fact that we still had athletes cooning it up and acting like they scared say anything good about BLM, it meant something. And maybe athletes who been quiet about ? , might've thought twice. Who knows - but why doubt it ?

Nah, we got enough Black celebs who get successful then make out of touch statements. Enough to the point, that young people (and older ones) think that house ? ? is part of being successful

So you blaming Kap for the out of touch folks ignoring the message in why he did it ?
    You're shooting the messenger basically. It's his fault if out of touch people don't do something ?

If they can't stop this one Black athlete from kneeling during their precious anthem and can't make him a "happy ? " ignoring systematic racism and ? on other Black people, you really think they have "complete control" ?
  • manofmorehouse
    Options
    Not trolling at all bruh. Kaepernick didn't prove anything by kneeling for games and then not following it up by voting for the policy he wants. That's my main point. Protesting is ineffective if not supplemented with votes. At the end of the day, him voting and encouraging others to do so would've had a bigger impact than kneeling for games. I'm not blaming Kaepernick for "out of touch" people but I'm also not assuming that him kneeling had any impact on their frame of mind. And we'll see about him being silenced now that he's a free agent. Let's see who picks him up and how many suiters he'll have...
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I was really disappointed when I heard KAP didn't vote; it really lowered my opinion of him. But I still have mad respect for him.

But the point about being a distraction is independent of the one about voting. Say that he did vote, after all; he would have still been a "distraction" in SAS's view.

And think about this. KAP really took a huge risk in standing up like that (or more precisely, kneeling down - lol); for SAS to advocate NFL teams to reward him by giving him a pass is traitor to the race ? .
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SAS a ? -? .

Glad he mentioned his record in his argument, but leave it to him to bring up this "distraction" ? and be the loudest one on the topic in a room full of white people.

If he was winning games, guaranteed teams would give a ? less about his so called "distractions".

Exactly. The white men didn't say ? about him kneeling and his protest, but leave it to SAS George Jefferson looking ass to do all the barking.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not trolling at all bruh. Kaepernick didn't prove anything by kneeling for games and then not following it up by voting for the policy he wants. That's my main point. Protesting is ineffective if not supplemented with votes. At the end of the day, him voting and encouraging others to do so would've had a bigger impact than kneeling for games. I'm not blaming Kaepernick for "out of touch" people but I'm also not assuming that him kneeling had any impact on their frame of mind. And we'll see about him being silenced now that he's a free agent. Let's see who picks him up and how many suiters he'll have...
    Its his right not to vote if both candidates are full of ? . The whole system is rigged. Fawk u mean bruh
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I think Kaep was in a lose/lose situation when it came to voting, anyways. He didn't vote, so now his methods by some are seen as ineffective and if he would've voted 3rd party or write in, I believe those same people would've criticized him for that. He didn't like either candidate, so I'm not really mad at him for his decision.
  • manofmorehouse
    Options
    Now there's a report the Kaepernick will stand for the national anthem in 2017 if he's picked up by a team lol. Can't make this ? up. Cops must've all came together and said they'll be no more unarmed killings or racial profiling.....lol. where are the Kaepernick capes now??
  • Undefeatable
    Options
    Now there's a report the Kaepernick will stand for the national anthem in 2017 if he's picked up by a team lol. Can't make this ? up. Cops must've all came together and said they'll be no more unarmed killings or racial profiling.....lol. where are the Kaepernick capes now??

He already sacrificed a lot -- he might not even get picked up by a team, despite his talent. So he's supposed to keep sacrificing and sacrificing? When a person goes above and beyond, he or she has a right to decide when he or she has sacrificed enough.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nfl-player-launches-a-black-panthers-inspired-know-your-rights-camp-for-kids-body-image-1478006353.jpg?output-quality=75
    k15.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&ssl=1

Yea black folk, lets continue to vilify this man, he ain't doin ? , he wants attention etc..

GOAT!
  • Undefeatable
    Options

He already sacrificed a lot -- he might not even get picked up by a team, despite his talent. So he's supposed to keep sacrificing and sacrificing? When a person goes above and beyond, he or she has a right to decide when he or she has sacrificed enough.

@manofmorehouse I wacked you, and then I explained why I don't agree with what you said. Can you explain what you disagree with what I said (and so why you wacked my response)?