How Many Bad Albums Before Giving Up On An Artist?

2»

Comments

• Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    5 Grand wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/ETrHNNR6VaM

what about you guys? how many bad albums would you give an artist?

KRS-One. His first two albums were solid, but he started getting socio-political to the point where I didn't understand his message. He still dropped heat every once in a while and made quasi-comebacks. But when he left Jive to go independent I don't remember him putting out any hits or club bangers.

LL Cool J - He was the hottest, biggest selling MC in the late 80s. But after Mama Said Knock You Out it just seemed like there were issues going on in society that he stayed away from. He still dropped hits up until 2003 but I stopped checking for him after Mama Said Knock You Out.

So Krs-one got too socio-political when you stopped really checking for him, and around the same time LL wasn't socio-political enough when you stopped checking for him.

vZca0.gif
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fabolous
    Mixtapes were hot
    Features hot
    Ghetto fabolous ok
    But then frm ther he only cater 2 females
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    some people dont have a number cuz you got ? like San Quinn dropping 7 times a year and somebody buying them ? ......how else he pay for making the next one?
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

KRS-One. His first two albums were solid, but he started getting socio-political to the point where I didn't understand his message. He still dropped heat every once in a while and made quasi-comebacks. But when he left Jive to go independent I don't remember him putting out any hits or club bangers.

LL Cool J - He was the hottest, biggest selling MC in the late 80s. But after Mama Said Knock You Out it just seemed like there were issues going on in society that he stayed away from. He still dropped hits up until 2003 but I stopped checking for him after Mama Said Knock You Out.

So Krs-one got too socio-political when you stopped really checking for him, and around the same time LL wasn't socio-political enough when you stopped checking for him.

vZca0.gif

Not quite.

If you listened to KRS's early albums he went from Criminal Minded to My Philosophy to Stop The Violence to Bo, Bo, Bo to 100 Guns to H.E.A.L. to throwing PM Dawn off the stage. It got to a point where I had no idea what his message was.

As far as LL Cool J, I always liked him. I still do. But his lane is basically rapping for the ladies. He always made a track for the fellas (like Jack The Ripper or Mama Said Knock You Out) but after a while it was obvious that he was pandering to the ladies.

In the meanwhile 5%ers like Rakim, Lakim Shabazz, Brand Nubian, Wu Tang, Digable Planets, Poor Righteous Teachers were rapping about Elijah Muhammad's teachings which was a very clear message.
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

vZca0.gif

Not quite.

If you listened to KRS's early albums he went from Criminal Minded to My Philosophy to Stop The Violence to Bo, Bo, Bo to 100 Guns to H.E.A.L. to throwing PM Dawn off the stage. It got to a point where I had no idea what his message was.

As far as LL Cool J, I always liked him. I still do. But his lane is basically rapping for the ladies. He always made a track for the fellas (like Jack The Ripper or Mama Said Knock You Out) but after a while it was obvious that he was pandering to the ladies.

In the meanwhile 5%ers like Rakim, Lakim Shabazz, Brand Nubian, Wu Tang, Digable Planets, Poor Righteous Teachers were rapping about Elijah Muhammad's teachings which was a very clear message.

Fu€k krs1 he's a hypocrite
    An you rite he's a confused individual
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    as many as it takes before they drop something good again, I haven't liked Ems albums for a while but will still check new projects. Same goes for rappers like Game, 50 cent, Jay Z, Nas, etc. Nobody has a flawless streak of records and add that music trends change every few years, some rappers will try to become something they're not.