Is Hip Hop The Only Genre Where The Artists Get Shot At, Go To Jail and Get Killed?

Options
13»

Comments

• Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Country music has the highest rate of suicide.

Completely false. I can't think of one notable country artist that has killed themselves besides Mindy McCready who was the same girl that got turned out by Roger Clemens when she was like 13.

You about to get schooled fam.

Abstract
    This article assesses the link between country music and metropolitan suicide rates. Country music is hypothesized to nurture a suicidal mood through its concerns with problems common in the suicidal population, such as marital discord, alcohol abuse, and alienation from work. The results of a multiple regression analysis of 49 metropolitan areas show that the greater the airtime devoted to country music, the greater the white suicide rate. The effect is independent of divorce, southernness, poverty, and gun availability. The existence of a country music subculture is thought to reinforce the link between country music and suicide. Our model explains 51% of the variance in urban white suicide rates.

https://academic.oup.com/sf/article-abstract/71/1/211/2232710/The-Effect-of-Country-Music-on-Suicide

You're statistically way more likely to commit suicide listening to country than any other genre. By a huge margin, too.

My point still stands no real notable country stars have offed themselves and you dig up an old article from the early '90's about people that listen to country music.

There's a ton of research on the topic. Listening to country increases your likelihood of committing suicide. I never said musicians, I said music so your refutation is moot

But you still "made" a point that no one was stating or arguing, and you still posted an article that's 25 years old to prove your so called point. Also living in Seattle increases your chance of suicide so what's the point...see how annoying and useless that is when I bring up a point that literally had nothing to do with what you said.

The age of the article doesn't make it false. The researchers won a Nobel Prize for the finding. Is Einstein's theory of relativity wrong now too because of age? Oh ? son, Darwin's natural selection is more than 50 years old, I guess that's wrong now too.

Come back when you're more logical fam.

Come back when you actually have an argument for what I actually said. My initial statement had nothing to do with people that listen to country music but the actual artists like you know what the threads actually about. But I'm sure you'll respond by continuing to hammer home your point that literally no one else was arguing or even brought up.

You did not have an argument. You said I was wrong and I proved otherwise

I said "artists" never said anything about "listeners" until you brought it up for some reason. And my point still stands.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    90% of the people posting didn´t read TS post.He said shot,Arrested and then shot again.Yes Hip Hop is the only genre that this happens.SHOT THEN ARRESTED AND THEN SHOT AGAIN.OR ARRESTED,SHOT AND THEN SHOT AGAIN.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghostface killah was also shot in the neck
    Loyd Banks got shot
    Dr Dre got shot
    Even Katt Williams got shot lol
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    This is inspired by Young Dolph getting shot at 100 times.

Truthfully I don't really keep up with other genres like metal or country but I'm wondering; Do country or heavy metal artists get shot, shot at or go to prison and come back and resume their careers?

Have any recent pop artists, country, dance, latin, bluegrass, classical, opera or whatever other kinds of music out there had any major run ins with the law?

Can you name any artists BESIDES RAP ARTISTS that had a solid career and then got arrested with some guns or some other felony conviction and went to prison and came back and resumed their careers?

Can you name any rock stars or pop stars that got shot in recent memory?

I'm wondering if this type of behavior is exclusive to Hip Hop or if there's some media spin to make it appear that way.

Also, guns are a second amendment right. But brothers in the ghetto scratch the serial numbers off, which is illegal. If they'd just go to the gun store like they're supposed to they could buy a gun legally. They wouldn't have a license to carry but the gun itself would be legal. Seems like hillbilly country folk understand that better than the boys in the hood. Or maybe country music is more likely to come from states with open carry laws.

In any case I can't think of any rock or country (read: white) artists getting shot, shot at, going to prison or getting murdered in the street.

Is Hip Hop really that violent or is it some sort of media spin?

Nah, but it does happen more frequently.
    The entire record industry (even gospel music) is run by gangsters. My parents were gospel singers in the 70s, had their own group, and after gigs the club owners would be surrounded by bodyguards and in their office have a gun on the table talking about "we don't have the money to pay you but the people liked you. Come back next week and we'll see what we can do about it." That's before you could get paid upfront, and even today people don't get paid upfront unless your big time. Ask Weezy and Birdman.
    It's the same in rock n' roll, country, R&B. People don't get paid, drugs and bills are involved, people can't sue, people make threats, people get shot at, eventually they either take the loss or risk getting killed or going to rehab or going broke. At least 80% of musicians do. That's the music life/club life Industry. It's basically run by the mafia or influenced heavily by it or two-bit gangsters.