LeBron James: I'm Addicted To The Process of Being Great...

Options
blackrain
blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
Discussion came up at work about this statement LeBron made adn someone compared it to what Future said a couple weeks ago about his own kids and the sacrifice he says they make for him. One person is saying the statements are the exact same, couple others said there's a difference in how LeBron said what he said and that's why this doesn't come off as cold as what Future said...
James also addressed his obsessive push for all-time greatness. It included an apology to his wife, Savannah.

“I am addicted to the process. I’m addicted to the process,” James said. “It’s so funny. I just told my wife the other day, I apologized to her. She was like 'What are you apologizing for?’ I said ‘Because the journey that I’m on to want to be the greatest to ever play this game or to the point where no one ever forgets what I accomplished, I’ve at times lost the fact of how important you are to this whole thing. … I want you to understand that along this journey while I’m playing this game there will be times that I lose the fact of how important you and my three kids are – my babies are.’ ”

Comments

•   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its like people think they can be happy staying poor.....go do that ? by yourself im money hungry
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think i heard this from somewhere.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea what everyone else said..

Sidebar: Lebron jr is already a beast

https://youtu.be/xjxvqLROqgA
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pachá12 wrote: »
    FOH! Sounds like some game you spit when you're explaining to her why you don't even come home on days the Cavs are in town and don't have games coming up.

jus coming to say this.

the dad from love and basketball was trynna get a scouting job...turns out he was that baby pah
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How is this comparable to what the Syrup king said
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To me LeBron sounds more selfish than Future.
    LeBron got 100 mil out of high school, he hasn't had to hustle in years. He's talking about a personal desire/goal versus his family and putting his family second.

They are also in different industries. The music industry is far more fickle than sports. Future could have been a one-hit wonder, if he disappears for 9 months people might forget he ever existed. Sports is isn't the same.

This isn't saying LeBron doesn't have to work hard to maintain what he has but he got a lot upfront, he began with a head start. Future might have kids all over the place and thus nobody takes him seriously as a family man but LeBron ain't really about his family either...if "being the best" is more important.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    LeBron got 100 mil out of high school, he hasn't had to hustle in years. He's talking about a personal desire/goal versus his family and putting his family second.

They are also in different industries. The music industry is far more fickle than sports. Future could have been a one-hit wonder, if he disappears for 9 months people might forget he ever existed. Sports is isn't the same.

This isn't saying LeBron doesn't have to work hard to maintain what he has but he got a lot upfront, he began with a head start. Future might have kids all over the place and thus nobody takes him seriously as a family man but LeBron ain't really about his family either...if "being the best" is more important.

Agreed. I can't exactly remember what Future said, but it was more like "My kids have to learn to deal with my absence because this is what I need to do to take care of them." Lebron's sounds better because he's actually apologizing rather than just speaking a blunt truth. However, whereas Future's motivation for what he does was stated to be his kids whereas Lebron is clearly saying his motivation is to be great.
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Lebron left too much up for interpretation with how he said it... especially the apology. I don't take either statement as selfish.. all real men know that being a father comes with sacrifice.. it is what it is.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

And sports ain't fickle either? How many retired athletes out here filing bankruptcy because they blew through their money? Did he not come up out the projects and witnessed the same pitfalls that derail Alot of young talented people? Chasing that personal goal is why his family is set up for generations to come now. It's selfish by definition but the main difference is the way he goes about acknowledging how his personal pursuits may affect his family and how the onus is on him to make sure the scales don't tip too far in one direction and if they do correct it. Sometimes people, especially in a relationship, just want simple acknkowledgment for what they have to deal with and that's enough for most people. Especially those that have seen you rise from nothing to having everything
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think it's petty to make a big deal out of what either of them said.

Easier to take shots at Future because it's not your typical family picture, and because he's a rapper and MFs love to think the worst about rappers.

In any event, people talkin a whole lot of unnecessary ? - mind your business.

• Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    LBJ wife had a juice shop for a few years that closed, said she may open another one (smoothie shop), I doubt that would've happened without LBJ.

Today she just launched a girls mentorship program in akron, she's good. http://www.crainscleveland.com/article/20170308/NEWS/170309834/savannah-james-launches-girls-mentorship-program-in-akron
    In 2013, she launched the I PROMise Makeover, a program that helps students in need by providing prom outfits and styling tips. James is also active with the LeBron James Family Foundation, which supports Akron students in myriad ways. One of those ways is the I Promise Network, which provides scholarships to the University of Akron for students who complete the program through graduation.

His son is also following in his footsteps and he can actually ball.

Theres a lot of females who barely get the attention they need for them or their children from bums.

No one on here knows what discussions go on in their household but she been around from the beginning and as far as I know all off court stories about Lebron are positive. Dude is super clean with no scandals or side ? drama. As long as he's loyal, providing for his family and loving them WHILE trying to be great....you couldn't ask for more.

When he retires there will be plenty time to be family man
  • jono
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

And sports ain't fickle either? How many retired athletes out here filing bankruptcy because they blew through their money? Did he not come up out the projects and witnessed the same pitfalls that derail Alot of young talented people? Chasing that personal goal is why his family is set up for generations to come now. It's selfish by definition but the main difference is the way he goes about acknowledging how his personal pursuits may affect his family and how the onus is on him to make sure the scales don't tip too far in one direction and if they do correct it. Sometimes people, especially in a relationship, just want simple acknkowledgment for what they have to deal with and that's enough for most people. Especially those that have seen you rise from nothing to having everything

You didn't disagree. You massaging it. LeBron can take 4-5 years off and be fine, Future cant do that and most athletes period cant do that. Its a different standard.
  • jono
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Wanting to be great at what you do is selfish?

Having 9 kids from 12 bed wenches isn't?

Wanting to be great at what you is selfish when your kids come second.

Im sorry yall but LeBron's Ash Ketchum "I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was..." story is selfish. What should be more important than his family? Hooping? The ? already got everything an athlete could want from shoes, to commercials, all kinds of branding but dude chasing an imaginary brass ring.

To me, a lot of yall caught up in image and not looking at things honestly.

im not saying LeBron is a bad guy either, but I am saying that if you compare his situation and statement to Future's situation and statement LeBron is more selfish. Future hustling because the self-life of a rapper is shorter than the career of a ball player. Rappers make less money and work more often, which means Future has to move around more.

Is Future a scumbag? Yes. Theres no debate but his kids have nothing if he don't travel to work and perform. LeBron can retire today and be good.
    '
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited March 2017
    Options
    about time ? not one sided

talk that ? @jono
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Wanting to be great at what you do is selfish?

Having 9 kids from 12 bed wenches isn't?

Wanting to be great at what you is selfish when your kids come second.

Im sorry yall but LeBron's Ash Ketchum "I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was..." story is selfish. What should be more important than his family? Hooping? The ? already got everything an athlete could want from shoes, to commercials, all kinds of branding but dude chasing an imaginary brass ring.

To me, a lot of yall caught up in image and not looking at things honestly.

im not saying LeBron is a bad guy either, but I am saying that if you compare his situation and statement to Future's situation and statement LeBron is more selfish. Future hustling because the self-life of a rapper is shorter than the career of a ball player. Rappers make less money and work more often, which means Future has to move around more.

Is Future a scumbag? Yes. Theres no debate but his kids have nothing if he don't travel to work and perform. LeBron can retire today and be good.

'

explosion+nuclear+forma+de+seta+1.jpg