Comments

• MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did Jay touch down on a remix in 2015?
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jigga held you down 20 summers damn, where's the love?

That´s ? crazy that´s a long time.
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I find it funny how Jigga stans go crazy when you say something negative about Jay. wouldn't surprise me if I made some of you stans cry, like actually cry like Jay did on hot 97 after Nas dropped ether hahaha.

There's plenty of haters on this board but at least their hate is occasionally entertaining. Your posts hold no water, dry as hell.
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The stannery in this thread is of the charts!!! Wow...

Got flagged for sayin that someone like Nas and Pac are more deserving and that they would rather give this to someone who made his career out of glorifying drug dealing and very limited in subject matter, I see where they goin with this tho, just like how they gave Denzel his first and only oscar when he played the crooked cop, yet had so many other outstanding and more positive roles...*sighs

SMH
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    StreetRap wrote: »
    Why do people say stuff like "this is great for Hip-Hop"...? like Hip-Hop needs help ....

Lol
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options

Got flagged for sayin that someone like Nas and Pac are more deserving and that they would rather give this to someone who made his career out of glorifying drug dealing and very limited in subject matter, I see where they goin with this tho, just like how they gave Denzel his first and only oscar when he played the crooked cop, yet had so many other outstanding and more positive roles...*sighs

SMH

20+ years of consistency b.

We can go head for head with Nas and Jay albums and see which ones held up the best.

Also Pac's career only lasted bout 5 years.
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

SMH

We can go head for head with Nas and Jay albums and see which ones held up the best.

First of all the criteria to be inducted is to be a song writer who has a career that has started over 20 years ago (not lasted for 20 years), so Pac and anyone else that has a body of work that started in that time frame is eligible...also if you want to pit nas album vs jay´s, Nas album had a bigger impact to the genre, and Nas illmatic is better than any album Jay has ever made, so lets be real, not sayin he ain´t a great and doesn´t have classics, but none better than Illmatic...
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Congrats to Jay

but got damn lol.. I see why they be callin yall jigga warriors

do yall kno the criteria? I see at least 20yrs

but tf yall mean by "consistency", album every year?

& don't act like this ain't politics, all these big time awards are

I mean, from that lil interview the lady said even tho Em fit the criteria, they choose Jay on sum "honoring the father before the children"

so basically Jay debuted 1st

& goin by that I think Rakim or Chuck D should of been one of the 1st imo

but we kno Chuck will never get in simply for this line
    "Elvis was a hero to most, but he never ment ? to me..."

this is jus an objective opinion from a Jay-Z supporter
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options

SMH

First of all the criteria to be inducted is to be a song writer who has a career that has started over 20 years ago (not lasted for 20 years), so Pac and anyone else that has a body of work that started in that time frame is eligible...also if you want to pit nas album vs jay´s, Nas album had a bigger impact to the genre, and Nas illmatic is better than any album Jay has ever made, so lets be real, not sayin he ain´t a great and doesn´t have classics, but none better than Illmatic...

Consistency is a new word for him. He like using it even though it doesn't apply to what the subject is.

It's been stated multiple of times that 20 years Consistency isn't the criteria and the ? still continue to say it. Lol
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options

SMH

, and Nas illmatic is better than any album Jay has ever made,

Let's not

michael-jordan-laugh.gif
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm curious what is some of y'all definition of song writing.... Y'all acting like hip hop ppl vote who gets in they don't give a damn bout how lyrical you are and how in depth your story telling is this is about writing songs that EVERYBODY can enjoy and last time I checked Jay been the main one to be able to do that for as long as he has again he still out here dropping platinum singles..... lyricist and song writing aren't the same but it's sounding like y'all tryna make em the same
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ? riding in here
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sayin tho

wtf yall mean consistency for at least 20yrs?

if you constantly dropped once every 5yrs is that cool?
    or is it every year?

what's the biz, inquiring minds wanna kno
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Jay has a great ear for beats, he is a great mc and an outstanding music Industry mind. Like how to sell, Jay has crafted a position out in music to where u want the cosign, and have to pay homage to or else. Low key, jay has gotten over most cats head by crafting the message, greatly I might add. But crafting the message that to not like him is to be too inferior to like em anyway.

He almost lost it with kingdom come, cause that message wasn't in the music. But he re uped it with blue magic. I respect his hustle, just never saw him as the gawd MC that most cats see him as.
  • bears2248
    bears2248 Members Posts: 282 ✭✭
    Options
    So when does drake get into this too........

You trying too hard.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Jay hate by the same ? who worship Nas is hillarious and hypocritical as ? . Now take away my distaste for Tidal and all but i understand and respect the boss business moves that Jay makes even if a choose not to use tidal. This ? is legendary just like Jay's ability to make album after album and adjust his flow to stay solid but relevant over multiple decades and trends. He deserves this ? as far as the first rapper more than Nas or whoever you wanna put there.

But let Nas get a $50,000 per year endorsement with Toys R Us and ? wanna call Nas a boss and rap mogul of the year ? outta here ? . Let nas talk about releasing an album and ? act like it's gunna be the album of the decade and ? . ? outta here.

Yall nation of Naslam ? much more radical and crazy than any Jay Hova witness.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Got flagged for sayin that someone like Nas and Pac are more deserving and that they would rather give this to someone who made his career out of glorifying drug dealing and very limited in subject matter, I see where they goin with this tho, just like how they gave Denzel his first and only oscar when he played the crooked cop, yet had so many other outstanding and more positive roles...*sighs*

SMH

Illmatic >>> Reasonable Doubt
    It Was Written >>> Vol.1
    Vol. 2 >>> I Am...
    Vol. 3 >>> Nastradamus
    Lost Tapes >>> Dynasty
    Blueprint >>> Stillmatic
    ? 's Son >>> BP2
    TBA >>> SD
    HHID >>> KC
    AG >>> Untitled
    Life is Good >>> BP3

MCHG was trash, but Nas hasn't put out an album in a minute, so it wins by default.

That's 6 a piece for each of them, as far as quality is concerned. Their careers are much more alike than people think.
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Like Water wrote: »

Got flagged for sayin that someone like Nas and Pac are more deserving and that they would rather give this to someone who made his career out of glorifying drug dealing and very limited in subject matter, I see where they goin with this tho, just like how they gave Denzel his first and only oscar when he played the crooked cop, yet had so many other outstanding and more positive roles...*sighs*

SMH

It Was Written >>> Vol.1
    Vol. 2 >>> I Am...
    Vol. 3 >>> Nastradamus
    Lost Tapes >>> Dynasty
    Blueprint >>> Stillmatic
    ? 's Son >>> BP2
    TBA >>> SD
    HHID >>> KC
    AG >>> Untitled
    Life is Good >>> BP3

MCHG was trash, but Nas hasn't put out an album in a minute, so it wins by default.

That's 6 a piece for each of them, as far as quality is concerned. Their careers are much more alike than people think.

but this is based off opinion.....which albums charted better (not sold better cuz Jay clearly won that)...how can a ? that has 13 #1 ALBUMS, and 19 #1 SINGLES not be considered a mark of consistency?
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First of all, why did become about Nas?

Second, what does Jay the businessman have to do with Jay the emcee and songwriter? I dont listen to a song and think this is 6/10 but since Jay is a great businessman, it gets bumped to a 10/10.

Ya'll too old to ride a rappers ? . Leave that for teenagers.

All that matters here is that Jay deserves the induction and this is a great look for hip hop.
  • Like Water
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »

SMH

It Was Written >>> Vol.1
    Vol. 2 >>> I Am...
    Vol. 3 >>> Nastradamus
    Lost Tapes >>> Dynasty
    Blueprint >>> Stillmatic
    ? 's Son >>> BP2
    TBA >>> SD
    HHID >>> KC
    AG >>> Untitled
    Life is Good >>> BP3

but this is based off opinion.....which albums charted better (not sold better cuz Jay clearly won that)...how can a ? that has 13 #1 ALBUMS, and 19 #1 SINGLES not be considered a mark of consistency?

You may have missed my earlier posts, but I'm all for Jay being the first rapper inducted. I said the only other person, imo, that could have arguably been the first rapper was Nas.

Someone insinuated that Nas couldn't hang with Jay, in terms of quality of albums, and I disagreed -- hence the post of head-to-head albums.

Sure, it's my opinion, but I'd be willing to bet that most posters here agree with at least the majority of it.
  • mike06
    Options
    my only point is if people are trying to push Nas in ahead of Jay, lets lay out his ENTIRE catalog and discography and it'll pale in comparison to the work Jay has put in over a 20 year period(which i guess is one of the key points to actually getting nominated)

• Like Water
    Options
    my only point is if people are trying to push Nas in ahead of Jay, lets lay out his ENTIRE catalog and discography and it'll pale in comparison to the work Jay has put in over a 20 year period(which i guess is one of the key points to actually getting nominated)

Pale in comparison? In sales, yeah. Quality? Negative.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • mike06
    Options

Pale in comparison? In sales, yeah. Quality? Negative.

and that's DEBATABLE depending on who you ask....from 96 to 04 Jay dropped 12 albums...to Nas' 6(18 total to 11 respectively)....i think he's getting the recognition for simply out-working the competition (this doesn't even include people who he wrote for, featured with, etc.) and consistently dropping "quality" music for the masses(based off of sales,charts, popularity, etc.).