Snoop Dogg Defends Depicting Donald Trump's Assassination In "Lavender" Music Video...

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4i3bAtEuJE
Snoop Dogg's new video for "Lavender" is getting lots of attention for it's unflinching negative view of the police, depiction of President Donald Trump as a clown, and a controversial scene in which the POTUS is assassinated by the Long Beach rapper.

"F*ck the police from a black man's point of view / Spray that ? , say that ? / We right in front of you. Each and every one of you / I'm not gon' tell you n!ggas what we're gonna do / But whatever you did, put two on it / And put a foot on your neck with a shoe on it," Snoop raps on the track, which is a remix of BADBADNOTGOOD's song of the same name featuring Kaytranada.

Snoop told Billboard that to him the song is "not controversial but real" and gives a "real to the voice of the people who don’t have a voice."

As far as Trump is concerned, the "Gin and Juice" hit maker thinks it's time artists wake up and take a stand.

"I feel like it’s a lot of people making cool records, having fun, partying, but nobody’s dealing with the real issue with this f*cking clown as president, and the s*** that we dealing with out here, so I wanted to take time out to push pause on a party record and make one of these records for the time being."

Comments