First time playing Skyrim, on console, and probably PC as well. any tips?

Options
Hevalisk
Hevalisk Members Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
Haven't touched an elderscrolls game since I had a bad experience with Morrowind back when I was a kid.

Ordered the special edition from amazon when I researched it, and found out it comes with all DLC and such.

Then I was watching twitch streams to get familiar with the game, and I saw someone had their character ? all out in a thong. And I was like, I gotta get that.

If I'm putting 100+ hours in this game, I may as well look at some ass, So I may buy it for console as well, if I like it on ps4.

I usually only play a couple mmo's on the pc, but my PC should be strong enough to run it on max, I guess. It surpasses the recommended requirements.

Comments

• huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    get it on pc, go to nexus, and mod the ? out of it. go on youtube and search brodual. got mad videos on mods to make the experience more immersive, and fixes bugs
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't get overwhelmed by all of the quests...its tons of shot and side missions in the game...also...follow the navigation waypoints...the very first time I played the game I had no idea where to go and what I wanted to do so I put it down and shrugged the ? off as being boring...

Get an idea of what missions to want to do and stick with that...do try to get off track too much

Do a lot of smithing to build your skill up and make New new weapons and better armor....you can find some youtube videos about the characteristics and attributes about each character and chose the one that will best fit your playstyle...also do a lot of enchanting on your gear and weapons

Pick up every herb you see because alchemy can give you A LOT of XP if you mix really expensive potions...

I chose the dark elf because he takes leas fire damage and gets extra so for destruction magic
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm usually one handed swordsman and one handed magic user. I started using Bows now.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    huey wrote: »
    get it on pc, go to nexus, and mod the ? out of it. go on youtube and search brodual. got mad videos on mods to make the experience more immersive, and fixes bugs

This^^^^

I also watch MxR. He has a good team of Immersion scientist. Gopher is a cool watch as well.
  • huey
    Options
    MxR is on some weird ? . but i guess if u want to look at ? and ass hes good for that
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    I'm usually one handed swordsman and one handed magic user. I started using Bows now.

Nord?
  • kzzl
    Options
    huey wrote: »
    MxR is on some weird ? . but i guess if u want to look at ? and ass hes good for that

True, but the man said he wants to look at ass. Might as well get some slooty armor.
  • Hevalisk
    Options
    I got it running last night on PC, special edition, ultra setting. I guess the age of this game is showing, because the graphics aren't what I was expecting. I most likely feel this way because when it was released pc gamers went on and on about its graphics.

Didn't get to play it that long, just played past the escape from the dragon intro, and ran to the first town.

I have the ps4 version as well, might switch to it if pc gaming becomes too awkward. It's annoying how you have to use mouse look to turn and change direction.
  • huey
    Options
    get that enb game strong, get some hd texture mods and u will be good
  • kzzl
    Options
    Hevalisk wrote: »
    I got it running last night on PC, special edition, ultra setting. I guess the age of this game is showing, because the graphics aren't what I was expecting. I most likely feel this way because when it was released pc gamers went on and on about its graphics.

Didn't get to play it that long, just played past the escape from the dragon intro, and ran to the first town.

I have the ps4 version as well, might switch to it if pc gaming becomes too awkward. It's annoying how you have to use mouse look to turn and change direction.

I used my Xbox360 controller, but I think I read the ps4 is compatible as well. Plug it into your tower and see what happens. The control setting is in options, of course. Still need the keyboard to use console commands.
  • kzzl
    Options
    I just deleted skyrim to make room for fallout4. But off top I'd suggest going to nexus/workshop and finding the most endorsed mods. I remember a survival mod... frost or something. There's a modder that does good lore friendly armors. Bandolier for more pouches. Jaysus had some cool weapons. Midas for spells. There's one to use dragon souls for perk points. Loki for fast leveling, changing races, or resetting your character at anytime. Alternative start for different playthroughs. And look for a modders Bella for ? and apachii for hair styles.

Then there's the combat overhauls, werewolf and vampire changes.... it'll take a day of searching.

I'd recommend playing the main story up till you get the first dragon scroll. I think it's the first dragon scroll, I know you can't complete Dawn Guard without it. CLEAN SAVE THAT FILE AND ALWAYS KEEP IT. After that do whatever and you should be able to complete the game without any hold ups. I wouldn't recommend joining factions early on either. Save that for repeated playthroughs as a different race or class. Keep things fresh.
  • Hevalisk
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    I just deleted skyrim to make room for fallout4. But off top I'd suggest going to nexus/workshop and finding the most endorsed mods. I remember a survival mod... frost or something. There's a modder that does good lore friendly armors. Bandolier for more pouches. Jaysus had some cool weapons. Midas for spells. There's one to use dragon souls for perk points. Loki for fast leveling, changing races, or resetting your character at anytime. Alternative start for different playthroughs. And look for a modders Bella for ? and apachii for hair styles.

Then there's the combat overhauls, werewolf and vampire changes.... it'll take a day of searching.

I'd recommend playing the main story up till you get the first dragon scroll. I think it's the first dragon scroll, I know you can't complete Dawn Guard without it. CLEAN SAVE THAT FILE AND ALWAYS KEEP IT. After that do whatever and you should be able to complete the game without any hold ups. I wouldn't recommend joining factions early on either. Save that for repeated playthroughs as a different race or class. Keep things fresh.

I think the furthest I've got so far is I did the quest from white run to ? that Dragon, then they found out I was a Dragonborn, and gave me that Greybeard quest, I haven't went though.

As of now, I've been doing the companion quest, and I've recently been turned into a werewolf, and have been going at it with the SilverHand.

I'm not interested in being a werewolf though, I hear you can cure it later.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sneak is your friend in the early stages. Use that ? .

I was a Stealth Archer my first play through. ? was fun AF.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can plug a controller into a PC and play both games with it. I play fallout and skyrim with my PS4 controller.
    That plus the ability to mod it make PC>>>>>console versions

I been slowly building my computer up piece by piece as I learn how to do it. Just copped one of them GeForce 1060s for $175 and Fallout 4 on ultra that ? run smooth af like 45-50 fps with a gang of mods

Skyrim is a step down looks wise if you played fallout first, but once you start playin it a while and get lost in that world you'll be alright. It's a whole lot to do. I still ain't beat either game and I'm sure I got at least 100 hours on fallout
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »

Same thing a did. Basically a sniper with a bow and arrow. Especially with you get good enough with it where you can slow down time when you aim

Wrap
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »

Same thing a did. Basically a sniper with a bow and arrow. Especially with you get good enough with it where you can slow down time when you aim

Wrap

Haha by the time I was in the end game I was so OP. Just one shotting anything that came at me. I love playing a stealth character in rpgs though
  • Hevalisk
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I really don't like sneaking in any type of game.

I just charge in, ready to cut someone up.

So I make sure to collect ingredients to craft health potions.

Also been collecting a lot of iron so I can try and up my smiting.

Oh, while I was using the forge, Adrianne Avenicci just randomly fell out and died. the hell.

Should I be using perk points for smiting and alchemy?

And a cultist attacked me in the middle of windhelm, must have hit a guard during the fight, because they ? your boy up. Had to runway, they kept chasing me even in the wilderness. Then I teleported, and thought they had killed my follower, but they reappeared after I waited a day.
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    stick to raising 1 weapon skill, 1 crafting and 1 armor in the beginning. Smithing is only useful to improve your gear and it takes a while to get to the higher tiers but you'll usually find better stuff. Alchemy you can make some ridiculous poisons that will hit hard.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really don't like sneaking in any type of game.

I just charge in, ready to cut someone up.

So I make sure to collect ingredients to craft health potions.

Also been collecting a lot of iron so I can try and up my smiting.

Oh, while I was using the forge, Adrianne Avenicci just randomly fell out and died. the hell.

Should I be using perk points for smiting and alchemy?

And a cultist attacked me in the middle of windhelm, must have hit a guard during the fight, because they ? your boy up. Had to runway, they kept chasing me even in the wilderness. Then I teleported, and thought they had killed my follower, but they reappeared after I waited a day.

Try necromancy/conjuring, I always went in sword n shield style but summoned some undead mofos to battle along side me....do it just for the epic punchline daedra knight youll be able to conjure up sooner than u think.
  • Hevalisk
    Options
    Mods I have so far

- Enhanced Ore Veins

- SSE Texture Pack

- Bathsheba Body

- Demonica skin texture

- "Legendary" Armor DeserterX collection

- WICO (character face overhaul so they all don't look butt ugly)

- Insanity Sorrow Weapon Pack
  • Hevalisk
    Options
    Is this weapon too op to use at this point of the game? I'm level 17.

It came from the Insanity weapon pack, and I mainly got it for this look, didn't know the pack would give be access to weapons this strong already. For comparison I was previously using a 28 dmg Dawnbreaker.

hjhs6cxtjdg0.png
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    damage scales with level and perks so when you get stronger the numbers grow too and access to better and better gear unlocks. Its a part of every Bethesda rpg to scale items.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man, good thread idea

i'll be back to contribute
  • Hevalisk
    Options
    Seems I enjoy working on my character( leveling skills, and clearing out caves and hideouts) more than doing the main story.

I'm going to be forced to do the Dawnguard quest though, because these vampires are ruining my ? . Master vampire, and 3 other vampire ran up in windhelm, and killed some non guard npcs. I ran away and let the guards handle it because I wasn't about to accidentally hit one again, and have them come after me.
  • Hevalisk
    Options
    Eh, Maybe will go with one hand/magic off hand with light or cloth armor next playthrough

My character is OP against physical combat
    Level 40 with dwarven armor, and I already have capped armor when using shield.

5xgnzdkguwjq.png