"Women Lose power as they age and become more radical / Men become more conservative"

Shuffington
Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
In general...

Women get more radical as they age because they lose power
while men tend to gain power as they age and become more conservative.

How do you respond to this general sentiment?

Comments

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bout time women figure out they have the power they start losing it with every year that goes by. Some learn to harness it for year pass their prime. While other never figure it out.

Women power at a older age because their patience and use of their manipulative ways. A true sign of a good women is when she can make you do something without you knowing she made you. Single women do it to thier kids while married women do it to their husband. History has shown that women influence great men to do some wild ? .
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm assuming with a lot of things you said but

I think there is 2 sides or sometimes more to a coin...

Guys used to get more radical with the mid life crisis, old heads trying to stay young, ? who never grow out of certain life phases...

Then you got the hoes who used to be wild but moved out of town and got married and now she is a First Lady of a church , actin bourgeois and ? ...

I think what you said used to be the general idea/thought but I believe we are on the brink or beginning or middle of a social change/revolution and 30 is the new 20 40 the new 30 alladatshit
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    In general...

expound

are you referring to politics? power dynamics between men and women?

and what do you mean by radical ?

i'm only 29, but I feel more empowered than I have ever been.... i have the money and time to do things i dreamed about doing when i was 19

I'm also more in tune with my body and wiser....even more empathetic

i have access to a greater echelon of men

maybe once I turn 35, 40 it'll be a different story

i can see how a woman who was overly dependent on a man to get what she wants may have some trouble, struggle as she ages

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited March 2017
    Radical and conservative how? I think I understand the question but it's loaded and can go diff ways....and the responses only seem to mean looks and sexually, which is biologically true. Women get freakier in their 40s and men peak in their 40s.

But I need to know what other ways you talkin @Shuffington
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's only if a woman put stock in her looks only. I rather listen to the Elder Frances Cress Welsing than vast majority of elder men. But ya'll do you though. Power comes through understanding that it's a force not a material.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    radical = views the system as inherently flawed and beyond repair; the system must be destroyed and rebuilt anew

conservative = views the system as desirable and desires very little change, if any
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Most women's looks fade and fight the clock.
    A lot of men focus on money and how to keep it.

Generalizations tho...not absolutes.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Sure @atribecalledgabi @desertrain10

Below is a good tidbit to follow.
    LUClEN wrote: »
    radical = views the system as inherently flawed and beyond repair; the system must be destroyed and rebuilt anew

conservative = views the system as desirable and desires very little change, if any

When women climb the corporate ladder they're surrounded by more men so "gender politics" plays a role.
    On top of that they still foster most of the care taking responsibilities for children and Older parents as they age.
    Life can become limiting for older women since society is stuck on pretty young women.

As a male, aside from the obstacles we encounter as Black people. if you do all the right things and follow the blueprint, you probably won't see a need to be disruptive .
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    generalizations.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In general...

expound

are you referring to politics? power dynamics between men and women?

and what do you mean by radical ?

i'm only 29, but I feel more empowered than I have ever been.... i have the money and time to do things i dreamed about doing when i was 19

I'm also more in tune with my body and wiser....even more empathetic

i have access to a greater echelon of men

maybe once I turn 35, 40 it'll be a different story

i can see how a woman who was overly dependent on a man to get what she wants may have some trouble, struggle as she ages

thats all it really is really...
    as women get older they minds break free of the indoctrinated ? ..

i dont think we realize how our women are oppressed especially sexually..

once them disney movies start wearin off ..what they family think and a few ? break they heart and they realize that tho love exists its not how they were told u get a more liberated woman..

thats why i like my females 25+
    by that time real life has done all the work for me..

as far as men??
    iunno.. i find myself more reserved now in certain areas because i actually have ? to lose.. if not for that id still be out there bein an idiot..
  • MrMinimalist
    MrMinimalist Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of chicks in the 30-35 year old dating pool are baby mamas with bellies, baggage and bad attitudes. I'm not settling for that.
    Chicks ages 25-28 is the sweet spot to cop you something to grow and build. Even at those ages they hit the wall but it's mostly when they babymamas at that age.
    For men, if you have means, you can always stay with any type of chicks you desire.

• Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion the common women need to search for the right one early between 25-30.And settle down 35 maximum.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder why women hit the wall earlier then men?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The statement is too general. There plenty of men and women that fall into each of those categories. I think it's more about insecurity than gender and may it's true that women are more likely to be insecure with regards to their power due the more male dominated aspects of our society.
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As men make more and more money, we're less likely to want to give more and more of it to the government and other agencies because we know what it took to get it. Older women have no problem getting men if they don't have their heads up their ass. Lots of dudes in their 40s/50s that can scoop up a single professional woman in her 30s/40s, what they don't want is some 30 year old woman with the mentality of being kept like a 20 year old jump off.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Sure @atribecalledgabi @desertrain10

Below is a good tidbit to follow.
    LUClEN wrote: »

When women climb the corporate ladder they're surrounded by more men so "gender politics" plays a role.
    On top of that they still foster most of the care taking responsibilities for children and Older parents as they age.
    Life can become limiting for older women since society is stuck on pretty young women.

As a male, aside from the obstacles we encounter as Black people. if you do all the right things and follow the blueprint, you probably won't see a need to be disruptive .

An older women is more likely than her younger counterparts to have financial independence, freeing her from decades of posturing

however, considering we live in a society that largely caters to heterosexual wealthy white men, i can see many of 54 yr old women who can't find jobs after being let go by her employer because she's aged into the wrong insurance bracket becoming radicalized

so there is some truth to the statement

also we are one of the few countries that does not offer paid family leave, no subsidized child care (beyond public school), and there isn’t even paid sick leave...so i'd argue that motherhood can radicalizing

once you throw race into the equation, it muddles things even more
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    In general...

I used to say as men got older they wanted peace more then when they were young and energetic and naive enough/willing to fight for change.
    The older you get the more you see some things in the nature of humans just isn't going to change OR if it does then you have to ask yourself how much are you willing to invest in being the catalyst or the driving force to drive that change.

I think on both sexes some of it is physical and some of it comes with being more exposed to the world.

Once a woman loses her sex appeal there is a dramatic shift in the way the world responds to her. She has to make adjustments mentally b/c some of her entitlements are gone and aren't returning. Depending on what type of personality she has and how strong her mind is I think determines how radical they get. I think this is because before they lose their sex appeal their view is just different from men's and the things they have to deal with are things we as men just don't see and can't relate too. Being radical for a woman from 16 through 29 and being very attractive I think is something not common in women of America. Women are more expressive with their emotions and feelings and therefore being a radical about issues such as politics and the world don't mean as much to them as direct relationships of family, what you just said in any conversation they had with you, how you appear before others, and/or their immediate relationships. It isn't until they're older that they are willing to engage energy into looking and caring enough to invest their time and action in changing the legal structures of the world.
    The point I'm trying to make is that women can and are VERY educated in many fields, BUT I think their drive and passion is looking at the job as a job. Men sometimes identify with their careers or ideas so much they're willing to die for them or go to war for them. Women might be a lawyer but to them it's the job, the case and what it might do about their future NOT what that job says about who they are as a person.
    This is all coming from a man, so I could be all wrong.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So dry ? not as good? Yea I agree