Faux News Fires Comptroller Over Racist Comments and Behavior Directed @ Black Employees...

Options
2»

Comments

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-fox-lawsuits-20170329-story.html
    The suit alleges that Wright was demoted and Brown terminated in retaliation for complaining about Slater’s behavior.

The company has disputed the allegation. A Fox News representative said Wednesday that Wright was moved to a comparable position in another department at the same salary and that Brown remains on the company payroll.

According to the suit, Slater mocked black employees in her department for the way they spoke and often used unflattering stereotypes about black people in office conversations about politics, news events and popular culture.

Slater is accused of belittling black employees for mispronouncing words and of forcing the workers to practice saying the words correctly in front of white employees.

Slater claimed that the Black Lives Matter movement against police brutality in inner cities is racist and asked what would happen if there were a parallel White Lives Matter movement, according to the suit. The suit says she also asked Brown why there needed to be a cable channel called Black Entertainment Television.

When a video surfaced online showing NFL star Ray Rice striking his then-fiancee, the lawsuit alleges, Slater said, “Why are all black men women-beaters?” and also pointed to O.J. Simpson, Mike Tyson and Chris Brown.

Slater called the payroll department — which is largely made up of black employees — the “southern payroll department” and the “urban payroll department,” the suit says.

The suit says Slater asked Wright if all three of her children “were fathered by the same man.”

It also alleges that Slater made similar insensitive remarks to members of other ethnic groups who worked in her department.

Fox News defended its handling of the situation, noting that it had fired Slater.

“We take complaints of this nature very seriously and took prompt and effective remedial action before Ms. Brown and Ms. Wright sued in court and even before Ms. Wright complained through her lawyer,” a Fox News representative said. “There is no place for inappropriate verbal remarks like this at Fox News. We are disappointed that this needless litigation has been filed.”

Brown and Wright are represented by Douglas H. Wigdor and Jeanne Christensen of the New York employment litigation firm Wigdor.

Slater could not be immediately reached for comment. A Fox News representative said the company had no information on who is representing her in the case.

The matter is coming to light at a time when Fox News’ biggest star, Bill O’Reilly, is under fire for an on-air remark he made about Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Los Angeles), who is black.

During his analysis on “Fox & Friends” of a Waters speech criticizing President Trump, O’Reilly said, “I didn’t hear a word she said. I was looking at the James Brown wig.”

O’Reilly later apologized on his program about the gibe comparing the congresswoman’s hair to the soul singer’s. He said that the comment was “dumb” and that he respects Waters for her “sincere beliefs.”
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/04/third-black-employee-sues-fox-news-for-racial-discrimination.html
    Third Black Employee Sues Fox News for Racial Discrimination

Fox News’ legal woes just keep getting bigger. This morning, another black female employee in Fox News’ payroll department is joining a racial discrimination lawsuit filed last week by two of her black colleagues.

The employee, Monica Douglas, Fox News’ manager for credit collections, alleges that she was subjected to years of racist slurs by Fox’s longtime comptroller, Judy Slater. Among the allegations, Douglas asserts that Slater complained she had “black eyes” as opposed to the “? race” who have blue eyes and blond hair; called her Brooklyn neighborhood “the murder capital of the world”; and expressed “an unwillingness to even be near black people.”

Last month, Fox fired Slater, saying in a statement: “We take any complaint of this nature very seriously and took the appropriate action in investigating and firing Ms. Slater within two weeks of this being brought to our attention.”

But today’s amended court filing challenges that claim. Douglas says Fox News executives knew about Slater’s conduct for years despite the fact that Slater allegedly pressured Douglas not to report her behavior. (“Don’t bother going to HR … I am HR,” Slater allegedly said). Beginning in 2014, Douglas complained about Slater to Fox general counsel Dianne Brandi on multiple occasions and, according to Douglas, “nothing was done.” The suit describes one meeting in which Brandi allegedly told Douglas: “Slater will not be fired, because she knows too much,” in reference to alleged financial improprieties committed by Ailes and former Fox News CFO Mark Kranz.

Federal prosecutors in Manhattan are currently investigating whether Fox News hid sexual-harassment settlements from shareholders.

Well it looks the chickens are coming home to roost for Faux News...
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    They should be abused for being black and working at faux news

Exactly, all of that is pretty much what I'd expect if I worked there.
  • stringer bell
    edited April 2017
    Options

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/ex-fox-employee-recounts-network-boss-repeatedly-calling-her-one-? -girl-after-cancer-diagnosis/
    Ex-Fox Employee Recounts Network Boss Repeatedly Calling Her ‘One ? Girl’ After Cancer Diagnosis

Three former and current Fox News employees along with their attorney, Douglas Wigdor, appeared on Good Morning America to speak out about what they call a pervasive culture of racial discrimination at the Fox News Network, under their former boss Judith Slater who was the comptroller at the network. Tabrese White, Monica Douglas, and Tichaona Brown filed a lawsuit against the network and Slater accusing them of racial discrimination.

“Walking down the hallway if you encountered Judith Slater, she would put up her hands you know in this motion, I guess, mocking the Black Lives Matter movement, walking to the bathroom, even saying goodnight to her, she required us to say goodnight at 6 or whatever time you are leaving, and instead of saying good night, it was ‘hands up don’t shoot’ that was the tipping point for me, ” Brown, a former payroll manager at Fox News said.

Tabrese White, a current Fox News employee, claims that Slater would refer to her division as the urban payroll division. Another employee, Monica Douglas, told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos that Slater mocked her cancer diagnosis.

“She would often call me out, ‘cancer girl,’ or one ? girl,” Douglas said. ‘In the normal course of business in front of my staff.”

The original complaint against the network was filed at the end of March, but was re-filed Tuesday to add an additional plaintiff, Douglas, to the claim. The complaint alleges that their former boss ridiculed black employees by mocking “stereotyped speech and complained, for example, that black employees mispronounce the words, mother, father, month, and ask.” According to the suit, Slater openly claimed the “Black Lives Matter” movement was racist, and feared that black people wanted to physically harm white people. Slater has since been fired Fox News.

A spokesperson for Fox News has issued the following statement:

“We take complaints of this nature very seriously and took prompt and effective remedial action in terminating Judy Slater before Ms. Brown, Ms. Wright and Ms. Douglas sued in court and even before Ms. Wright and Ms. Douglas complained through their lawyer…There is no place for conduct like this at Fox News, which is why Ms. Slater was fired.

• Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They didn't deserve to be abuse; however, what the hell do you expect working for a far right news network.

Those places are a hot bed for the white nationalist types, xenophobia, the pushing of only one set of views, etc.

Why would I be surprised a place like the aforementioned isn't welcoming to minorities and even mistreats us, probably the only reason they keep non Whites around is to met federal guidelines and comply with places like the better business bureau etc.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't really have any sympathy for these people. I mean I get that a job is a job, and sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. But how you going to see them get on air and ? on black people and then think it will be all good for you in the office. It's some house slave ? .
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any pics of the white ? that got fired?
  • stringer bell
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    Any pics of the white ? that got fired?

The clip I posted from ABC has her ugly ass racist picture...