The official Gun/Firearm discussion/appreciation thread

Options

Comments

•  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Put 300 rounds down range yesterday. Got to test out the new slide.

Here's the best of 300 shots.

acehx300hvf9.jpg
  •  i ro ny
    Options

debating on whether or not to buy another magazine....i need 2 17 rounders, 1 more 15 rounder, and 1 more 21 rounder to complete my little collection.
  •  i ro ny
    Options
    also there are multiple rumors that gander mountain might be getting ready to declare bankruptcy

might be an opportunity to do some last minute gun shopping at a heavy discount at any stores that might close in the future.......not wishing the worst on Gander Mountain but I do got my fingers crossed hoping I can take advantage SMH
    Will Munny wrote: »
    I've read that rumour as well, and I think it might be more than just a rumor.

? Gander tho, they mislabeled some ? on their website once and I thought I was gonna get it dirt cheap, but they cancelled my order. I'm still butt hurt about.

its official. @blakfyahking @Will Munny

17192457_10158425188285002_8056801445848346614_o.jpg

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/03/10/breaking-gander-mountain-close-19-stores/

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welp. Later bruh. Hopefully I can find some cheap ? .
  • Will Munny
    Options
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »
    debating on whether or not to buy another magazine....i need 2 17 rounders, 1 more 15 rounder, and 1 more 21 rounder to complete my little collection.
    nothing wrong with buying more magazines!

you might also one day live in a state that bans magazines over a certain capacity... then reduces it...
  •  i ro ny
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    nothing wrong with buying more magazines!

you might also one day live in a state that bans magazines over a certain capacity... then reduces it...

i consider it an investment in the platform.

eventually, i'm gonna get another p320, even with the little project/build i have going on.
  • dr funky resurrected
    dr funky resurrected Members Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im glad to see my thread became popular lol
  • janklow
    Options
    eventually, i'm gonna get another p320, even with the little project/build i have going on.
    sometimes i realize that one weird thing is a lot of gun owners i know have multiples of guns they really like... but i don't. i only really have duplicates of ARs/AKs because i started with the whole NFA thing
  •  i ro ny
    Options
    sometimes i realize that one weird thing is a lot of gun owners i know have multiples of guns they really like... but i don't. i only really have duplicates of ARs/AKs because i started with the whole NFA thing

i just dont want to spend buncha money on various magazines from different manufacturers.

i know i'll end up crossing that bridge one day and subscribing to another brand/model one day (possibly) but for now, it makes sense to keep it in the p320 family.

•  i ro ny
    edited March 2017
    Options

man i just picked up my 2nd 17 round mag for my subcompact. i bought the first one last week.

i coulda saved $28 if i woulda waited like 1 hour and bought them both online. smh.

oh well.

the next item on the list...

SISOF11001.jpg?maxwidth=520
  • janklow
    Options
    i just dont want to spend buncha money on various magazines from different manufacturers.
    i get that, but you know... i also want to have all the guns

•  i ro ny
    Options
    i get that, but you know... i also want to have all the guns

hahaahahahhahaha

i dig it.

i just want two/three handguns and a rifle.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Bang bang bang BOOM. Love this army ? sometimes
    0pdl6d4o0cl4.jpg
    jc1pcsqdfokm.jpg

• janklow
    Options
    i just want two/three handguns and a rifle.
    i, too, recall the 1990s
    ...but then i realized that i needed ALL the guns
  • janklow
    Options
    finally got to work and finished up the second stamp from 2016
    a little disappointed that i could not find a reasonably-priced, appropriate-look stock for this but... hey

i8hike4mwhyj.jpg
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    finally got to work and finished up the second stamp from 2016
    a little disappointed that i could not find a reasonably-priced, appropriate-look stock for this but... hey

i8hike4mwhyj.jpg

What's your favorite rifle to shoot?
  •  i ro ny
    Options

ive been doing some thinking..

i might abandon my p320 rx subcompact project.

it makes more sense to simply buy p320 rx compact and have the versatility of switching over to a subcompact grip if i wanted. i knew it was more cost effective overall to do it that way, but i wanted the romeo 1 on my subcompact slide and sig aint making them that way.

i'm still considering holding onto the subcompact slide that i bought. i can try to find someone who is selling their fire control unit (for about $260) and have another p320 that way.

or..i can just sell it as an exchange kit.

decisions.

• Will Munny
    Options
    Mag extensions are sexy
    2u5zvba.jpg
  • janklow
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    What's your favorite rifle to shoot?
    honestly, depends a little.

on balance... probably the M1 carbine. zero recoil, shoots like a little champ, i always feel like i'm shooting well with it. but in the back of my mind, it's annoyingly expensive to feed and i always feel like i am going to ? it.

favorite rifle is probably my ancient SAR-1. looks like it was engraved by a primate, has no Cool Assault Features, but it runs like a champ and it is always a blast to have out. plus, everyone i know has ARs (especially post-2013 in this state) so it's often been the "different" gun on the line. we'll see if the Arsenal SBR supplants it, though, because that thing is awesome.

i also have some things that are intensely fun to play with (AUG, FAL, etc) but that i don't love to feed, or clean, or whatever else. and the ARs are always fun, although for aforementioned reasons i never shoot mine as much as other people's.
  • janklow
    Options
    Mag extensions are sexy
    2u5zvba.jpg
    not really full-on awesome until the mag tube is longer than the barrel, though
  • janklow
    Options
    also, another stamp came in... only took a little over 11 monthsrky55f0mgatb.jpg
  • Will Munny
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Mag extensions are sexy
    2u5zvba.jpg
    not really full-on awesome until the mag tube is longer than the barrel, though

Yeah I'll admit it looks badass when the extension pokes out just past the barrel but I really don't wanna do wing shooting with 15 shells in my gun. I guess I could just get a shorter barrel lolzzzz
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    also, another stamp came in... only took a little over 11 monthsrky55f0mgatb.jpg

How well does that silencer do?
  • janklow
    Options
    Yeah I'll admit it looks badass when the extension pokes out just past the barrel but I really don't wanna do wing shooting with 15 shells in my gun. I guess I could just get a shorter barrel lolzzzz
    honestly, i am joking, because i see that look on competition guns all the time and it makes me chuckle