12346»

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst ? argument is the Batman prep time
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    veikuri wrote: »
    lol at batman beating goku or superman. Both those kats move faster than a human brain even triggers them to move. But im supposed to believe batman can beat both of em...please

I wouldn't really argue with Batman fans. He has lost to Superman every time in the main universes, yet Batman fans believe he can beat Clark.

? ...

3109206-2269511-29.png

3109211-2269516-34.png

3109212-2269517-35.png

Yes Batman never beat him in cannon but that wasn't Batman in those scans.
  • veikuri
    veikuri Members Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    lol at batman beating goku or superman. Both those kats move faster than a human brain even triggers them to move. But im supposed to believe batman can beat both of em...please

I wouldn't really argue with Batman fans. He has lost to Superman every time in the main universes, yet Batman fans believe he can beat Clark.

? ...

3109206-2269511-29.png

3109211-2269516-34.png

3109212-2269517-35.png

? ...

3109206-2269511-29.png

3109211-2269516-34.png

3109212-2269517-35.png

? ...

3109206-2269511-29.png

3109211-2269516-34.png

3109212-2269517-35.png

It's a possessed Batman, not like much would of changed. It just shows that a full body krytonite suit isn't enough to take down Superman. As you can see he still has his power around Batman
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised no one has deaded this yet.

The Goku vs Batman/Superman debate is off base for two reasons.

1. The writing in Dragon Ball is notoriously bad and inconsistent. DC on the other hand is much more consistent, but there's also a multiverse in which not everything that happens applies to the main continuity of a character.

2. More importantly, it's a ? death battle. Which means each character is trying to ? the other regardless of their personality traits. Goku, Bats, and Supes all try not to ? people in general although sometimes it happens, most likely by mistake or they have no other choice. But in both of the Goku vs Supes videos, they tried to incorporate the noblesides of both characters when they're still trying to ? each other which is stupid because... It's a fight to the death. It's called bloodlust aka "morals off".

With that being said, if both characters are on bloodlust, Batman loses within seconds. You can't prep for an opponent who can instantly transmit his fist through your chest. Supes might have more of a chance though and if he can withstand Goku's ridiculously convenient special moves, then he could definitely win.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

1. The writing in Dragon Ball is notoriously bad and inconsistent. DC on the other hand is much more consistent, but there's also a multiverse in which not everything that happens applies to the main continuity of a character.

I don't know if I would call giving a character a bunch of feats that don't make any logical sense "good writing." For example, Superman once heard a gunshot from the other side of a city and managed to fly across the city and intercept the bullet before it hit the target. The problem is that the bullet would have most likely hit the person before the sound even reached Superman, so the feat is literally impossible. Superman does a lot of that kinda stuff. That's bad writing.

I also wouldn't say the writing is more consistent. Superman can effortlessly dodge things coming at him at light speed in some instances and then gets hit by a big slow tank in another. That's not consistent writing. Say what you want about DBZ, but Goku is not going to beat Freiza one day and then struggle sparring against Krillin the next day.

On top of that, a lot of the "bad writing" attributed to DBZ isn't actually bad writing. They are bad translations in an attempt to Americanize DBZ.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst ? argument is the Batman prep time
    The BatGod's prep is probably the biggest running joke on the IC. People were actually attempting to come up with an argument that Bruce with enough prep time could take out Galactus.

? Galactus. I was done with the prep after that.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know if I would call giving a character a bunch of feats that don't make any logical sense "good writing." For example, Superman once heard a gunshot from the other side of a city and managed to fly across the city and intercept the bullet before it hit the target. The problem is that the bullet would have most likely hit the person before the sound even reached Superman, so the feat is literally impossible. Superman does a lot of that kinda stuff. That's bad writing.

I also wouldn't say the writing is more consistent. Superman can effortlessly dodge things coming at him at light speed in some instances and then gets hit by a big slow tank in another. That's not consistent writing. Say what you want about DBZ, but Goku is not going to beat Freiza one day and then struggle sparring against Krillin the next day.

On top of that, a lot of the "bad writing" attributed to DBZ isn't actually bad writing. They are bad translations in an attempt to Americanize DBZ.
    The fact that different writers come up with different feats have to be taken into account with DC. Not making excuses for it, but at least that stuff gets reconned.

But Dragon Ball? Are we really to believe that a super saiyan could beat the supposed most powerful in the universe in Freiza, only to come back to Earth and have problems with earth bound androids? And by "problems", I mean anything besides beating them outright and with ease.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bane broke his back but goku looses? Gtfoh
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bat didn't have his utility belt nor prep time bruh. It's the ? prep time.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    how he just gonna knock on his door without letting him prep first that aint a fair one that was cheating word up
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SElX-n5UPhg

Death Battle Goku VS Superman
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOHMwmKnmcg

Goku VS Superman | DEATH BATTLE! | ScrewAttack! Part 2

A very insightful and methodical breakdown of why and how Goku would beat Superman.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SSB Mafuba >>>Superman