Lana Del Rey

2»

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    she's an industry ? ...self admitted...

an her song from the great Gatsby is my ?
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/Gb1lte9uljI

Lana Del Rey:

You know, in this town, an artist really needs a lot of space when they’re trying to create something special. A place to cultivate a world of their own, far away from the real world that’s around them. Luckily for me, I live right inside the middle of the “H” of the Hollywood sign. And this is how I spend most of my nights: perched high above the chaos that swirls within the city of angels below.

Now don’t get me wrong, I love to dip my toe into the muck and the mires of the city every now and then. Especially on Tuesdays. But truthfully, when I’m in the middle of making a record, especially now when the world is in the middle of such a tumultuous period, I find I really need to take the space for myself far away from real life, to consider what my contribution to the world should be in these dark times.

So each morning, I have the luxury of asking myself, “What shall I cook up for the kids today? Something with a little spice? Something with a little bitterness but is ultimately sweet? Or shall I take the day off and turn down the fire, and just take a moment to send my love to them over the ether?” Because sometimes, just being pure of heart and having good intentions and letting them be known is the most worthy contribution an artist can make.

So, even though these times can feel a little bit crazy, they’re not so very different from what other generations have experienced at one time or another before. Amidst all the uncertainty, and as we transition out of one era into another one, there’s no place I’d rather be than smack-dab in the middle of “Holly-weird” making this record for you. Because you, and the music, and this place, are my love, my life, my ? for life.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    Lana Del Rey Details New Album ? for Life

Her forthcoming record features the Weeknd, A$AP Rocky, Stevie Nicks, and more

LDR_AAW0711.jpg

Lana Del Rey’s new album ? for Life arrives on July 21, and today, she’s revealed its tracklist. The upcoming LP will feature the Weeknd, A$AP Rocky, Playboi Carti, Stevie Nicks, Sean Ono Lennon. It includes some memorable song titles, too, like “? Bless America - And All the Beautiful Women in It” and “When the World Was at War We Kept Dancing.” See the full tracklist—which includes the previously shared “Love,” “? for Life,” and “Coachella”—below. ? for Life is available on cassette, CD, and vinyl; check out the physical editions here.

Along with revealing the tracklist today, Lana shared two more songs from the record: “Groupie Love” and “Summer ? .” They both feature A$AP Rocky and the latter also includes contributions from Playboi Carti. ? for Life is the follow-up to 2015’s Honeymoon.

? for Life:

01 Love
    02 ? for Life [ft. The Weeknd]
    03 13 Beaches
    04 Cherry
    05 White Mustang
    06 Summer ? [ft. A$AP Rocky and Playboi Carti]
    07 Groupie Love [ft. A$AP Rocky]
    08 In My Feelings
    09 Coachella - Woodstock in My Mind
    10 ? Bless America - And all the Beautiful Women in It
    11 When the World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    12 Beautiful People Beautiful Problems [ft. Stevie Nicks]
    13 Tomorrow Never Came [ft. Sean Ono Lennon]
    14 Heroin
    15 Change
    16 Get Free

http://pitchfork.com/news/lana-del-rey-details-new-album-? -for-life/
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Wonder how all these consistent features with A$AP Rocky are coming about eh?

• THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIE NICKS THE GOAT
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited July 2017
    lazypakman wrote: »
    I Wonder how all these consistent features with A$AP Rocky are coming about eh?

They seem too comfortable together.

Lana Del Rey Says She Has “A Lot Of Tracks Somewhere” With A$AP Rocky

The singer FaceTimed Rocky while he was on the toilet and discussed her upcoming ? For Life album during an interview with Zane Lowe.

Banner-Lana-Del-Rey-Brasil-Asap-rocky-2016.jpg

http://www.thefader.com/2017/07/12/lana-del-rey-zane-lowe-? -for-life-interview-asap-rocky
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited July 2017
    Lana Del Rey - “Summer ? ” [ft. A$AP Rocky & Playboi Carti]

“Summer ? ,” the latest single released off Lana Del Rey’s upcoming album ? for Life, is not a traditional contender for the song-of-the-summer flower crown. It’s sticky, but in a dense and oppressive, not light and carefree, way.

Even in Del Rey’s songs with a cooler temperature, there’s a humidity to her voice, a thickness that slows her tongue.On a song as hazy as “Summer ? ,” it’s so pregnant with it, a storm feels imminent. With the full force of that heavy warmth settling onto it, she renders the track woozy as she murmurs about “white lines and black beaches, blood-red sangria.” Listless delivery paired with such vivid description is a hallmark of her work, and here it functions as a cocoon you don't want to escape even as you feel the knife’s edge of danger. Del Rey wants summer lovin’ too, yet there’s little innocence in her voice when she drawls to her would-be “undercover lover,” “Don’t be a ? , babe.”

A$AP Rocky and Playboi Carti’s contributions feel a little unnecessary, as Del Rey has no trouble carrying a track on her own. Near the end, her voice suddenly jumps an octave and, for a moment, floats sweetly atop the roiling fever dream. She says her lover’s making her crazy, and this affair is probably doomed thanks to his demons. But right now, the black hole sun hanging in the sky is more of a threat, and staying in bed is the safest bet. “Summer ? ” is on repeat.

https://youtu.be/AcVQJJoD45w

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/lana-del-rey-summer-? /?mbid=homepage-more-latest-and-video
  • dontdiedontkillanyon