So certain females are mad @ Jesse Williams for divorcing his wife & then supposedly upgrading to...

Comments

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, @obnoxiouslyfresh be dismissing people for everything these days. Her man better not mess around and annunciate his words too much or that ? might be out the door. lol
    She just more vocal than most. We all write off certain ppl or businesses over perceived fuckery, whether we realize it or not

I cant stand watching inside the NBA no more cuz Chuck and Shaqs recent coonery disgusts me.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Damn, @obnoxiouslyfresh be dismissing people for everything these days. Her man better not mess around and annunciate his words too much or that ? might be out the door. lol
    She just more vocal than most. We all write off certain ppl or businesses over perceived fuckery, whether we realize it or not

I cant stand watching inside the NBA no more cuz Chuck and Shaqs recent coonery disgusts me.

giphy.gif
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can be pro black and be with chicks of other races. It's 2017.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kai wrote: »
    gns wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »
    Personally any pro black person that dates non black people looks silly to me though
    Harry-Belafonte-and-wife-Pamela.jpg
    87f61b9cdcb69e668f8619f79cb11ab9.jpg
    2de5f8cc4a45590af3ee0a8d2e90dfec.png

Now tell me how your achievements for your race stack up to these silly people

i can still appreciate their achievements while still being of the opinion that it would be better for our community if we focused on the black family and building black love. the two are not mutually exclusive. saying that i think highly of some of their contributions does not mean i can't be critical of other actions they took. mfs on the ic never surprise me, it's like y'all can't comprehend the idea of having more than one opinion or nuanced opinions at the same time. it's quite possible, and if you can't see how that speaks to your level of intellect

I think your stance is fine and reasonable. The problem is more with those who would try to discredit the work that some have done just because they don't like who that person is dating.

For example, several people in here are basically calling Jesse's speech ? just because he's dating the white chick as if he can't date her and be against black injustice too.

i'm not of the opinion that his speech is ? , quite the opposite. i just think it would serve black people better if we went the whole way with our ? . you can make excuses about why those people were with non-black partners, and they might be legitimate, i just think we can do better and should strive for that
    Personally any pro black person that dates non black people looks silly to me though

i can still appreciate their achievements while still being of the opinion that it would be better for our community if we focused on the black family and building black love. the two are not mutually exclusive. saying that i think highly of some of their contributions does not mean i can't be critical of other actions they took. mfs on the ic never surprise me, it's like y'all can't comprehend the idea of having more than one opinion or nuanced opinions at the same time. it's quite possible, and if you can't see how that speaks to your level of intellect

My ? who TF iz u talking too?!
    I answered @cooper because people that speak on civil rights activists who marry interracially always do so with an air of superiority as if just by marrying a black person and no one else, automatically makes your achievements supercede that of a bonafide activist @zombie was notorious for that as well.

Now here u come withh a completely different point of view on the matter than the guy I'm responding too but u wanna throw shots at my intellect on some slick ?

Go dutty wine your skinny ass into a wood chipper wallahi

i agree with the first part of your post, just being with a black person doesn't make your opinions, stances or actions superior to black activists in interracial relationships. just saying it would make for a more solid, goal-oriented mode of action. like we need cohesiveness as black people and no better way to do that than with strong black family units

second of all it was more of a general reply, i wasn't even paying attention to who i quoted, just replying to a post that i had counter-point to make to. but if a hurt dog hollers..... ..
    Blood.....u responded directly to my post then said if a hurt(its hit) dog hollers? Wtf
    Just woman up and apologize
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My post still stands.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like somehow because you with a chick of another race you now forget that yo black? All of a sudden the struggle aint the same? lol...? that you still black, you still recognise the struggle for the black man and woman.

Besides, I've come to conclusion that matters of the heart don't see colour.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave Jessie alone; his ex wife look like Earl Sweatshirt

Was not expecting this.

Funny as ? for real!
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kat wrote: »
    Must...not...engage...

lol

• sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    fortyacres wrote: »
    ? in here talk about scust and marrying within the culture , then why is this still one of the most popular threads in Ill Pix?

gfjkhkywfm6g.jpg

observing.gif

That thread has been one of the most popular threads in illpix for at least the last 3 to 4 years now and yet it was only ever made sticky once a few years back. So apparently, it makes some feel better that it's not on the first page even though they frequently look through the pics and enjoy them. :confused:

I myself have only been through it for research purposes when studying the enemy... :neutral:

Shutout to @windycity2117
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sobek wrote: »
    ? in here talk about scust and marrying within the culture , then why is this still one of the most popular threads in Ill Pix?

gfjkhkywfm6g.jpg

observing.gif

That thread has been one of the most popular threads in illpix for at least the last 3 to 4 years now and yet it's was only ever made sticky once a few years back. So apparently, it makes some feel better that it's not on the first page even though they frequently look through the pics and enjoy them. :confused:

I myself have only been through it for research purposes when studying the enemy...
    :neutral:

@Kai going to ? you.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Kat wrote: »
    Dude isn't even divorced yet. The fact of the matter is after the speech he dropped on BET talking about doing better for black women, being publicly seen with a white woman (or any woman) before the divorce from the mother of his children is final is tacky. It's disrespectful, and he shouldn't be at all surprised by the backlash.
    Now, this is also in particular for the black women in particular who have spent their lifetimes dedicated to nurturing everyone before themselves. We can and will do better for you.

Jesse Williams BET Speech

Where they separated at the time? I dunno, but this is the only conflict I see.

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    AP21 wrote: »
    people still projecting huh

nobody know what was going on that dude marriage

but again, somebody brought it up yesterday, i wonder if the outrage would be the same if he was allegedly leaving his wife for another black woman?

at this point, if he is in fact leaving his wife, you can trust that the marriage has probably been over for at least a year or two at minimum. Hell, i bet most people didnt even know dude was married

stop the fake outrage

Nah people knew he was married because he talked about his wife all the time...but I do think the whole "Jesse Williams proves you can't trust men" ? is stupid as ?
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    moral of the story is.......no matter who you are or what accomplishments you have or dont have

? /date/marry who YOU want.....somebody aint gone be happy about it either way

samuel-l-jackson-do-the-right-thing.jpg

and thats the double truth, ruth

• Beech Oss Neega
    Beech Oss Neega Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly. Never mind what the new chick looks like or if she's perceived as an upgrade or whatever. This dude seems like he has no principles...and that lack of principle voids every word in his little BET speech

This ? makes no sense. So you honestly believe that he can no longer understand the racial injustices in the country and want to take a stance against those injustices just because he's dating a white chick?

I get it. If you're some kind of super militant/hotep ass problack person, it would seem odd for you to date outside the race. However, not everybody that is for the uplift of the black community falls into that category. Jesse didn't say anything in his BET speech that he needed to obsessively problack to mean. Hell, he didn't say anything that you have to be black to mean or understand. There are white people that think they same way. So are those white people not sincere when they go out and march at BLM or other rallies just because they are white? I'm confused.

I ain't reading all that ? . Shut up
  • blackrain
    As much as I love Belafonte imagine the imagery if he wouldve had with a Dorothy Dangridge (who married a white man).

Rich blacks dating non blacks sends a subliminal messages. Look at the jacksons and how within the next generation they will go from a poor black family from the hood to a rich white family....doesnt mean they didnt contribute to the culture

Statistically there more Rich Black dudes married to black women than there are interracial rich couples.

Maybe Harry shot his shot and his game was wack.

No matter how many times you tell people this they still will believe otherwise because it reinforces their own inferiority complex. People don't gravitate towards the ? that makes them feel better they go towards the ? that makes them feel worse so they can wallow in their feelings on Twitter with other bitter ass ?
  • blackrain

Cosign Kai!

Add that to the fact that this ? aint Sydney Poitier. He aint Belafonte either. He is a television series actor whose fundamental claim to fame has been a somewhat one trick pony role on an evening soap opera. That ? cancelled in my book.

The phrases cancelled and problematic need to be killed....? sounds like basic ? Twitter talk
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

I aint gotta throw a parade about it or send him no hate mail, but all these frauds are expendable these days. I aint gotta watch yo ? , buy yo ? , eat you ? . He can go in the trash wit Shea Moisture.

Serena? Shonda rhimes? Eve? Janet?
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crude_ wrote: »
    sobek wrote: »

gfjkhkywfm6g.jpg

observing.gif

That thread has been one of the most popular threads in illpix for at least the last 3 to 4 years now and yet it's was only ever made sticky once a few years back. So apparently, it makes some feel better that it's not on the first page even though they frequently look through the pics and enjoy them. :confused:

I myself have only been through it for research purposes when studying the enemy...
    :neutral:

@Kai going to ? you.

To defeat these devils, you must study them. To defeat these ? you must know what drives them.

reece.JPG
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cosign Kai!

Add that to the fact that this ? aint Sydney Poitier. He aint Belafonte either. He is a television series actor whose fundamental claim to fame has been a somewhat one trick pony role on an evening soap opera. That ? cancelled in my book.

you all out of pocket for this and are soo off base

really surprised this coming from you tbh
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AP21 wrote: »

Cosign Kai!

you all out of pocket for this and are soo off base

really surprised this coming from you tbh

Outta pocket how? I aint gotta ? with Jesse Williams. I hope he goes on to do great things. I aint gotta ? with him tho. What's it to you?
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh. The heart wants what it wants...lol
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

classic gif
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017

Cosign Kai!

Ob's "cancelled" book:

Jesse Williams
    Shea moisture
    Carlos Santana
    Pepsi
    United Airlines
    Chrissette Michelle

...am i missing any?
    Tyrese

Wait. Have you taken back Van Jones yet?

No? Just asking....