Comments

• King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Wasn't James Baldwin ? ?

No-look pass.

You're stupid as ? .

Let me guess, you're a girl? Y'all stay getting behind ? ? due to your ignorance on the topic.

Homosexuality is a form of warfare on black culture from an outside culture. Their ideology is pure poison for the simple fact that if everyone practiced their way of life, the human race would be extinct.

If you think I'm going to watch a documentary focused around an extremely confused individual who perpetuated ? boy syndrome, you're out your damn mind. I don't give a ? about his take on anything, his mind was clearly fried.

James Baldwin was playing butt pirate with white men, the very same white men who were oppressing his people. If that's not a walking contradiction, what is? His actions and viewpoints scream NOT CREDIBLE, no matter how well he articulates them.

...Continue to live in your bubble where you deem any black man who can articulate a point, credible, and I'll continue to expose these agents that were given the title of black leader.

I don't have to agree with nor like everything a person does or says to recognize their genius apart from those things...

James Baldwin... genius...
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    James Baldwin was a intelligent unnatural black man
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Wish it was playing closer to me :'(
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lookin for a link
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options

lookin for a link

I wana pay for it tho
  • bbkg79
    bbkg79 Members Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

lookin for a link

I wana pay for it tho

If you have an iphone or access to a itunes account you can purchase and watch in the crib
  • bbkg79
    bbkg79 Members Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Mods can combine this with other two threads titled the same

Just went to see this on Saturday night at The Alamo Drafthouse in White Plains, NY. GOAT movie theatre btw. This was beautiful and excellent, so much to digest, swirl around, and contemplate. I need to see it again, hard to remember everything, I want to take notes. Definitely a documentary that can create dialogue and help us to better understand what we need to do, what sacrifices must be made, and what those sacrifices are necessary for those of us who don't know this or need to be reminded. Like Baldwin realized, it also made me realize I'm more of witness than an actor. I truly wish to pay my dues, it hurts talking to my mother and seeing her broken spirit and fear of my passion because she wants to protect her, now, only son.

Paraphrasing, " it's going to be ? , it's going to be nasty". "We're too worried about our financial situation and staying safe to act".

Actually found myself getting jealous, can't imagine what it was like to have known all three (Evers, King, and X)

My only problem, and it's not with the movie itself. I think me and 3 other black people were there. Show was sold out and it was mostly white people. That bothers me, and it gives them further validation for their privilege and feeling of supremacy. That's why they're bold enough to tell you about your history because they're always there studying, listening, and possibly plotting or looking for opportunities to appropriate and capitalize. I want and will do a better job of understanding my history. Don't want to be too long-winded, hope this made sense and gives some people the push to go see or purchase online and watch it. And lastly discuss!

Mods can combine this with other two threads titled the same

@NothingButTheTruth I hear and respect your point of view, BUT, you're being divisive. THAT, is the last thing WE need. There are bigger issues brother, as long as our common objectives are the same...
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/31/I_Am_Not_Your_? .png[/img]

One of the best Documentaries you will ever see , it is you duty to see James Baldwin's genius. Well written and well narrated by Sam L Jackson.

10/10

aint know Billy Dee was originally cast as Malcolm.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jus watched. Powerful film!