Miss Independent

Options
haute
haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in The Powder Room
So last night I caught part of VH1 helps spread vanarial diseases between Chad Ocho Cinco and various unknown fame ?

And this chick kept talking about how independent she is and how that makes her a great catch. According to her

Having a degree
A job
No husband
No kids

Made her the ?

I have those things but I don't think that makes me the ? , I think that makes me an adult who made certain choices, I'm the ? because simply I am

And it reminded why sometimes self proclaimed independent women ? me off

They want praise for doing normal and ? , AND they completely ? up what womens rights is supposed to be about.

Do you these independent women bother you too???

Comments

• shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    yes and that's why i hate that term and other terms like it such as "strong black woman"
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yes it is annoying as hell. how u excited about ? ur supposed to be doing? I'm definitely all about being independent....but I don't feel the need to tell people that ? or act like it's such a big feat. I'm not SUPPOSED to be living with my mama at 30. Why the hell would someone deserve praise for that?
  • betterthenu84
    betterthenu84 Members Posts: 861
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yes its annoying you shouldn't get praised for doing normal ? ...now if you owned your own business and were giving back to the community in a major way then I'll praise you...but until then total thumbs down. I also hate the praise fathers get for raising children...why should I praise when your doing something you should be doing anyway?

oh and I love "I'm the ? because simply I am" <<that will be my sig but in pink :)
  • the_underground
    the_underground Members Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Eh, I don't pay Reality TV chicks any mind, so what they say or do is more of a reflection of entertainment, not reality. I let birds be birds.
  • Sourpatch Kid
    Sourpatch Kid Members Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    TV gives alot of people a false perception of what reality is. Even the people on TV don't know who they are. Reality TV isn't really real just a false notion of what people claim they are.
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Independent women are the best, are those attributes shouldn't be praised that ? should be normal for a young women.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    *standing ovation for this thread*

the women-hating mob should read these comments
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    *standing ovation for this thread*

the women-hating mob should read these comments

While I dislike that mob...

What would they disagree with in this thread?
  • Oneblackrose2hi
    Oneblackrose2hi Members Posts: 401 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ..can we add people who call themselves 'grown' all the time to the list??....i never met a truly grown person that had to proclaim this on a daily basis....justifying childish actions...smh...
  • juice86
    juice86 Members Posts: 832
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Miss Independent LOL thats the biggest joke ever!
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Real independent women move in silence they don't need to advertise their accomplishments to other women/men they let credentials and achievements do the talking.
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I think a lot of times when there are so few people doing normal ? it makes actually doing it seem like more of an accomplishment.
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I think a lot of times when there are so few people doing normal ? it makes actually doing it seem like more of an accomplishment.

I agree with this.

The term doesn't bother me, because I feel like if it's you--it's you. You're happy because you didn't "? up your life"? Scream it from the mountain tops. I'm happy for you too, lady.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I don't know any women in my immediate circle who talk like this

It's more of a given... we can all see what each other has or doesn't have

Women that feel the need to brag about their lives are kinda pathetic to me.....
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Nice breakdown ladies
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Honestly.... it can be annoying...but it doesnt really bother me like that. And then again .... reality tv is always distorted and re-edited to paint a specific picture.
    You will have producers on set asking bait questions. Its all one big set-up to acquire ratings.