‘Sanitizing History’: Coonette Condoleezza Rice Slams Attempts to Remove Slave Owners’ Monuments…

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v_iwwGUrQ8

http://www.mediaite.com/online/sanitizing-history-condoleezza-rice-slams-attempts-to-remove-slave-owners-monuments/
On Monday’s Fox and Friends, Condoleezza Rice criticized efforts to tear down statues and monuments to U.S. historical figures who owned slaves.

“When you start wiping out your history — sanitizing your history — to make you feel better, it’s a bad thing,” Rice said.

Host Brian Kilmeade noted that Rice started out her new book, “Democracy,” by writing about the U.S. Constitution. He wondered, “As an African-American woman, do you see yourself in this constitution? Do you think that, when we look at nine of our first twelve presidents as slave owners, should we start taking their statues down and say, we’re embarrassed by you?”

Rice replied, “I’m a firm believer in keep your history before you. And so, I don’t actually want to rename things that were named for slave owners.”

The former secretary of state continued, “I want us to have to look at the names and recognize what they did; and be able to tell our kids what they did and for them to have a sense of their own history.”

The guest acknowledged that the Constitution “originally counted my ancestors as three-fifths of a man.” But she quickly pointed out that “the story of America….ultimately has been Americans claiming those institutions for themselves and expanding the definition of ‘we the people’.”

Kilmeade followed up by asking, “Should we think less of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson because they were slave owners?”

Rice underlined that “they were people of their times,” and that she wished “they had been like John Adams” and Alexander Hamilton. But she added that “what we should celebrate is that from the Jeffersons and the Washingtons as slave owners, look at where we are now.”

tenor.gif

Comments

• Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those tags are over the top and unnecessary.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope, gotta agree with her on this one.

Black people are too comfortable being lulled to sleep. The same black people uncomfortable with things like the confederate flag are the types more upset a black man got killed by a cop than the man OWN DAMN FAMILY...

Nodding at white statements like "racism rears its ugly head". Nah racism always there looking at you right in the face. You okay with it as long as its not someone explicitly calling you ? .

You support Hilary Clinton NOT BECAUSE OF WHAT SHE REPRESENTS...but just because shes not Donald Trump.

Ive supported "Take em down NOLA" on multiple occasions. I took the Hidden history bus tour hosted by sister Angela Kinlaw and Brother Malcolm Suber. Ive attended the speeches and conversations. I declined the invitation to protest.

It doesnt matter to me whether they fall or stand. Its just becoming more and more apparent to me that there are black people that would rather not deal with real american history so that they can go on with their "swirling" and kumbaya garbage.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    taking down slaveowner monuments isn't sanitizing history. it's actually just taking down slaveowner monuments.

and this ? ...
    Kilmeade followed up by asking, “Should we think less of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson because they were slave owners?”

Rice underlined that “they were people of their times,”

Poor excuse - there were plenty of people in those times that weren't slaveowners, torturers and child rapists.
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's pretty amazing that Condi, who was only a few blocks away when the 16th Street church bombing took place in Birmingham in 1963, would defend monuments to those who fought to preserve a barbaric system. It could have been her who got killed instead of the four other little girls.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    I actually don't disagree. But I ain't bout to fight to keep them ? standing.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    Condolezza Rice is and maybe many things but a ? aint one of them
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh at what I'm reading in this thread a statue is meant to honor people anyone who owned slaves and believed my people where subhuman don't deserve such a distinction.

You will never hear Jewish people advocating a statue of ? . You don't need a dam monument to some racist ? to know the history of a country.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Congalangis Riiice!
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    313 wayz wrote: »
    It's pretty amazing that Condi, who was only a few blocks away when the 16th Street church bombing took place in Birmingham in 1963, would defend monuments to those who fought to preserve a barbaric system. It could have been her who got killed instead of the four other little girls.

If I'm not mistaken, she knew one or more of those little girls.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    History in general is being rewritten these days. Political history, religious history, social history, all to fit agendas.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Removing statues of bigots doesnt erase history nor stop you from learning it or schools from teaching it.

They removed paternos statue at penn state and he molested no kids.

How many enslaved kids did thise bigots ? ?

History also says coondoleeza got us into a fake war by lying.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? how will we learn about history without a statue of Col. Bartholomew Peckerwood at my local college?
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    “When you start wiping out your history — sanitizing your history — to make you feel better, it’s a bad thing,” Rice said.

....So says an African or indigenous American black person in America......born in the south to a family of sharecroppers, who thinks and talks English as a first language, has a German last name....

She should also ask herself why she speaks English as a first language and why her original surname was wiped out....
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    white715 wrote: »
    Smh at what I'm reading in this thread a statue is meant to honor people anyone who owned slaves and believed my people where subhuman don't deserve such a distinction.

You will never hear Jewish people advocating a statue of ? . You don't need a dam monument to some racist ? to know the history of a country.

EXACTLY

But let ? in here tell it, it's fake outrage. ? like being indoctrinated I see.

Some of you ? are too smart for your own good.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You would also never see a Jew trying to assimilate with Nazis like ? do with white people
  • VanguardBLK
    VanguardBLK Members Posts: 177 ✭✭
    Options
    "Should we think less of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson because they were slave owners?"

Err

uykrwmdkn8q6.gif

• fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    "Should we think less of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson because they were slave owners?"

giphy.gif
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FOH. Monuments are raised as a form of reverence. These vile hypocrites are not to be revered. History is passed via word of mouth and books. Tearing these monuments down aren't going to re-write history. History was already re-written to tell us these evil men were heroes to begin with.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    white715 wrote: »

EXACTLY

But let ? in here tell it, it's fake outrage. ? like being indoctrinated I see.

Some of you ? are too smart for your own good.

Anything that offends black people is "fake outrage". Meanwhile other groups don't take kindly to any disrespect no matter how small.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rant on. I'm sick of these cacs deducing slavery down to just some crackers who owned another human being. While we can debate the slave system. What cannot be argued is the treatment of the slaves under these evil ? . Killing, ? , torture, ? ,exploitation, all based on an idea of supremacy is beyond sick. Rant off.
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coonery runs in the Rice bloodline, word to Jerry chicken buck catching popeyes commercial