‘Sanitizing History’: Coonette Condoleezza Rice Slams Attempts to Remove Slave Owners’ Monuments…

Options
2»

Comments

• VanguardBLK
    VanguardBLK Members Posts: 177 ✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    "Should we think less of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson because they were slave owners?"

giphy.gif

George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and many others wrote that slavery was evil – but still continued to own slaves.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    "Should we think less of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson because they were slave owners?"

giphy.gif

George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and many others wrote that slavery was evil – but still continued to own slaves.

I know , it's well documented , but its 50/50 with me depending on the issue historically.

• VanguardBLK
    VanguardBLK Members Posts: 177 ✭✭
    Options

giphy.gif

I know , it's well documented , but its 50/50 with me depending on the issue historically.

Feel free to expound...
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Condolezza Rice is and maybe many things but a ? aint one of them

The ? is a Republican, she's a Aunt Jemima by default.
    they shouldn't be able to fake their history

But they are lying about their history. They're real quick to tell you that their failed insurrection wasn't about slavery and the foundation of their would be nation wasn't to built upon racism and white supremacy.
    Let these monument of their hate and fuckery stand to remind them of there ?

Racism, white supremacy, and slavery aside why should taxpayer dollars go towards the maintenance monuments built to memory and honor of treasonous rebel ? who engaged in a failed insurrection?