The official Gun/Firearm discussion/appreciation thread

Options

Comments

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    How well does that silencer do?
    sadly, it has not been out and running yet

(it's going to be less than optimal as it's a .45-caliber silencer that i will immediately be shooting 9mm through)

•  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just bought this ? ...

rr62lxj9pw08.jpg

I put it on the compact grip that I modified for my subcompact slide.

08r8sp77lwwc.jpg
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »
    Just bought this ? ...

rr62lxj9pw08.jpg

08r8sp77lwwc.jpg

You carrying that on the hip
  •  i ro ny
    Options
    Just bought this ? ...

rr62lxj9pw08.jpg

08r8sp77lwwc.jpg

You carrying that on the hip

No sir.

That's nightstand mode.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's funny cuz people flossing on the IC don't even realize that @janklow out here banking that bread on the low haha

suppressors are not cheap at all..........I can't wait until it is common to be able to buy a suppressor for less than $1K

I really hope that Hearing Protection Act gets passed so the price will drop
  • janklow
    Options
    the p320 got adopted by the navy, air force and marines...
    i mean, okay, eventually i will get one

• janklow
    Options
    it's funny cuz people flossing on the IC don't even realize that @janklow out here banking that bread on the low haha
    hah, not really. i just have crazy spending priorities when it comes to deadlines

i was actually debating if 41F or FSA2013 made me spend more money. answer: ...let's not talk about it.
    suppressors are not cheap at all..........I can't wait until it is common to be able to buy a suppressor for less than $1K
    ironically, i don't THINK i paid over $1K for either of mine. i might have consciously priced a bunch of rifle suppressors and said "? this"
    I really hope that Hearing Protection Act gets passed so the price will drop
    agreed, although i think then we'll see states try to attack them with legislation. i know my state doesn't really ? with NFA goods much because they're NFA goods. but if they weren't? well...
  •  i ro ny
    edited June 2017
    Options

just bought a new flat trigger for my p320. its the same one from the new x5 line.

p3230-xseries.jpg

it reduces the trigger weight by about 1.5-2 lbs. i got my hands on an x5 at the store and the trigger felt pretty damn great.
  • banginscrew901
    Options
    Aight Gun heads i got a smith and Wesson m&p 10 on the way. .308/762 caliber it'll be here Saturday. What's a good mid range scope I looked at Leopold magnified 4x and was about 439.99$ nice What I was looking at on the other end was sharp. So my question is what's some good scopes?
  • janklow
    Options
    just bought a new flat trigger for my p320. its the same one from the new x5 line.

p3230-xseries.jpg

it reduces the trigger weight by about 1.5-2 lbs. i got my hands on an x5 at the store and the trigger felt pretty damn great.
    you like the flat trigger? taken it to the range yet?

• janklow
    Options
    Aight Gun heads i got a smith and Wesson m&p 10 on the way. .308/762 caliber it'll be here Saturday. What's a good mid range scope I looked at Leopold magnified 4x and was about 439.99$ nice What I was looking at on the other end was sharp. So my question is what's some good scopes?
    paging Will Munny

• banginscrew901
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    paging Will Munny

@Will Munny
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    paging Will Munny

Lmaaaooo I was about to page @blakfyahking
  • Will Munny
    Options
    paging Will Munny

@Will Munny

I'm not the expert here but Leopold is supposed to have some of the best glass. I think you'd be happy with it.

I have a Primary Arms ACSS 1-6x that I like for just a cheap scope. It's not super precise because it's more a combat scope but I just got it put it on cause it kinda works as a varmint rifle here in the MN.
  • banginscrew901
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    paging Will Munny

@Will Munny

I'm not the expert here but Leopold is supposed to have some of the best glass. I think you'd be happy with it.

I have a Primary Arms ACSS 1-6x that I like for just a cheap scope. It's not super precise because it's more a combat scope but I just got it put it on cause it kinda works as a varmint rifle here in the MN.

Yea I'm just looking for something mid range. And something where I can hit from a good distance
  • Will Munny
    edited July 2017
    Options
    If you got the money to spend I'd go with the Leopold but if you wanna shoot further you might wanna get more than fixed 4x. I'm just into practicality in the field so I always just zero for MPBR and call it good. I don't even have access to a range over 200 yards LOL. Depends on what you wanna do and how far you plan on shooting. Rifles set up to shoot and long distances typically aren't good for anything besides that, and vice versa
  • banginscrew901
    Options
    If you got the money to spend I'd go with the Leopold.

Aight school me on this then what do I need to look for?

And yea this was the last gun to my collection so ill put a little more money into it far as a scope and a good rail
  •  i ro ny
    Options

p3230-xseries.jpg

you like the flat trigger? taken it to the range yet?

No range time yet! Smh.
  • Will Munny
    Options

And yea this was the last gun to my collection so ill put a little more money into it far as a scope and a good rail

Well what are you gonna be doing with your rifle the most?
  • banginscrew901
    Options

Gone try and get in to hunting and just mid range shooting at targets
  • Will Munny
    Options

Gone try and get in to hunting and just mid range shooting at targets

Okaaay. What state are you hunting in?
  • banginscrew901
    Options
  • Will Munny
    Options
    I'm not real sure what TN is like, I'd imagine its mostly in the woods and edges of fields, lots of stand hunting. I'd assume its lots of shooting 300 yards or closer so a fixed 4x would work. You could also get a 1-4x if you're planning on hunting in thicker brush. A good 3-9x or 2-12x will let you see a lot better at longer ranges tho. That's what I run on my hunting rifle.

There's more knowledgable folks on here than me, but If I were you were you just starting out and looking to get into hunting I'd get a nice scope and zero for maximum point blank range and thats it ooorrrr you could get something with a BDC reticle if you wanna get into distance shooting. I woudn't ? with something with ballistic turrets, i just don't think they are very functional for hunting.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    can't go wrong with anything Leupold.......my personal favorite brand of scopes

I agree with @Will Munny on getting a 3-9x......... u can't lose with that magnification (mag) if u just doing generic short to mid-range shooting

Leupold has the "Rifleman" scope for about $400 for their 50mm objective scope

I don't personally use 50mm that often but it gives u a wider view when looking at targets down range

I personally would get the cheaper 4 - 12x mag scope with the 40mm objective cuz I like shooting at longer ranges.......if u hunting u prob wouldn't go past 6-8x mag anyway just cuz it's not really ethical to shoot animals from so far away.......but if u decided to do any other distance shooting the extra mag ability is there

I would also get my scope rings from Leupold as well to avoid any issues with mounting