The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got a question for tha ic. .. if tha cavs kept Wiggins instead of tradin fa love would they have still made tha nba finals?
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Wait a minute....did dude just say Dwayne Wade & the Heat didnt make the playoffs until Lebron got there?

Straw man -

I was talking about Love, Irving, and Bosh. Go check their records without Lebron.

Wade is a First Ballot HOFamer and is in a different class than the others; but he fell of mid way through that Heat run.

• wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I swear this "weak Eastern conference" ? didn't exist b4 bron

This is what gets me. If the East so weak why all these top free agents not running to teams in the East? You'd think they would since it means an easier route to the finals......or they avoiding Lebron.
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got a question for tha ic. .. if tha cavs kept Wiggins instead of tradin fa love would they have still made tha nba finals?

i4dkuynyqbiy.gif
    C'mon Thursday
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh literally only posts to say how Bron got it easy or isn't this or that

Nah it was worse during the Laker dynasty
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    is that the one who scored 100 points in high school
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »

Yea but he only scored 100 because he stayed on his end of the court. Dude never crossed mid court to play defense so all his team did was grab the rebound and threw it down court to him.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options

Where you been at? The East been universally looked at weak since MJ retired. Pedestrian Sixer and Net teams were competing for championships until the Pistons came and gave them credibility. Even they were underachievers letting inferior and one man teams end their seasons. It wasn't until Boston built a "super team", Dwight became a star and LeBron became the best in the league that people started taking the East seriously. Even that only lasted for a few years.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    That lamelo ball clip lmaoooooo

Dude is basura

Big basura brand

Brotha that vid had me like

76755-supernatural-shut-laptop-gif-u7sb_zpsorfwiytj.gif

How you shoot a 3 from dead center and still be the last person back on D.
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »

Yea but he only scored 100 because he stayed on his end of the court. Dude never crossed mid court to play defense so all his team did was grab the rebound and threw it down court to him.

And they allowed that ?
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

NBA commissioner David Stern, who infamously vetoed a proposed 2011 trade that would have sent All-Star point guard Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Lakers, said attempts to rework the deal at the time fell apart because then-Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak "panicked."

Appearing on the "Nunyo & Company" podcast, which was released last week, Stern discussed the veto and how the three teams involved in the trade -- the Lakers, the league-owned New Orleans Hornets and the Houston Rockets -- attempted to renew talks.

Stern vetoed a trade that would have sent Paul to the Lakers, Pau Gasol to the Rockets, and Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Lamar Odom, Goran Dragic and a 2012 first-round pick to the Hornets.

On the podcast, Stern said he felt the trade could have been reworked but said talks fell apart when Kupchak traded Odom days after the original deal was vetoed.

"In the course of the weekend, we thought we could redo the deal," Stern said. "We really thought that Houston would be ready to part with [Kyle] Lowry, and we had a trade lined up for Odom that would have gotten us a good first-round draft pick. Not we, but my basketball folks.

"But Mitch Kupchak at the time panicked and moved Odom to Dallas. So the piece wasn't even there for us to play with at the time. So that was it -- just about what was good for the then-New Orleans Hornets."

Stern's veto sent shockwaves throughout the league. The general reaction among rival executives at the time was that then-Hornets general manager Dell Demps did as well as he could under the circumstances after Paul told the Hornets he would not sign a contract extension and instead planned to become a free agent.

Stern acknowledged on the podcast that there was an inherent conflict of interest in his role as NBA commissioner and as the owners' rep for the league-owned Hornets.

"Same as when Bud Selig was the owners' rep for the Montreal Expos, same as when Gary Bettman was the owners' rep for the [Arizona] Coyotes," Stern said. "I didn't favor anyone on this one. I just favored New Orleans."

Kupchak traded Odom to Dallas three days after Stern's veto, with the Lakers receiving an $8.9 million trade exception and a protected 2012 first-round pick. The Mavs also got a 2012 second-round pick.

After failing to land Paul, Kupchak's Lakers made the playoffs in 2011-12 and 2012-13 but have finished in the lottery the past four seasons. He was fired as GM in February.

Paul was traded to the Clippers one week after the veto, with the Hornets receiving Eric Gordon, Chris Kaman, Al-Farouq Aminu and an unprotected 2012 first-round pick.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man wtf is happening here? I might skip coming into this thread until game day
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    man wtf is happening here? I might skip coming into this thread until game day

Skip the hot takes and all is well
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao at the East being weak suddenly being mentioned when Lebron started his run. How long have you cats been watching the NBA? Legit question.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Where you been at? The East been universally looked at weak since MJ retired. Pedestrian Sixer and Net teams were competing for championships until the Pistons came and gave them credibility. Even they were underachievers letting inferior and one man teams end their seasons. It wasn't until Boston built a "super team", Dwight became a star and LeBron became the best in the league that people started taking the East seriously. Even that only lasted for a few years.

No one harped on it or used that excuse against a single player to my knowledge until Bron, it's like when bron became the best ? was like "ikr, only cuz the east so weak". Now we got ? with literally nothing to say but "LeBron run the east cuz it's weak"
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No one harped on it or used that excuse against a single player to my knowledge until Bron, it's like when bron became the best ? was like "ikr, only cuz the east so weak". Now we got ? with literally nothing to say but "LeBron run the east cuz it's weak"

The bolded is a got damn lie. I remember it being dubbed the "Leastern" conference(I maintain they stole it from me) by ESPN before Lebron started his run.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jonah 2.0 wrote: »

The bolded is a got damn lie. I remember it being dubbed the "Leastern" conference(I maintain they stole it from me) by ESPN before Lebron started his run.

Exactly. The east has been considered weak for a while now....and presently is at an all-time low probably.

• OhioState1987
    OhioState1987 Members Posts: 598 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dyexpypo4qmk.png

Which Team has gave Bron the most problems?
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ethos wrote: »
    Bout to drop 100 on Cleveland to win it all for 235 profit.

Let's go ? !!

I decided I'm go ahead and put stack down on them Cavs, ... I'm loving the build up...looks like Golden State got alot of hype to live up to, and I look forward to seeing how they handle that lol.....against the CHAMPS...

"We're trying to repeat, which is so hard to do. I think we will use it as fuel, we will use it as motivation, but the idea of playing into it? It's tough for me to say that is the case. I don't feel like we're underdogs. We match up well with them, and I think they'd say the same about us.Love said Saturday after the Cavs' first practice in preparation for the Warriors since clinching a spot in the Finals.

#PayHomage
    #Back-to-Back-to-Back
    #EasternConferenceChamps

#WeGotTilThursday
    #UntilThen,PayHomage

Respect. Don't really post much but be in here reading y'all ? ; very entertaining lol. Not dropping a stack tho but they definitely winning this. Bout to just do $150 myself. I don't think LeBron will be denied on this one. ? won 2 games by himself on the 1st loss and I expect him to go H.A.M.