Afro-Feminist Festival Organizers Call Out Paris Mayor For Accusing Them Of Racism

Options
2»

Comments

• konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    godoffun wrote: »
    White folk donk want blacks to have NOTHING!
    You like smoking weed? Go to jail

except medical is almost the norm across the country and 4 states have completely legalized it with more to come.
    You like ? raw? Heres some A.I.D.S.

? /AIDS was intentionally introduced to the ? community, not the Black community. The way it spread was it's creators didn't take into account for bisexuals, particularly bisexuals that had no problem ? outside of their own race.
    You like chilling outside? Call the popo

Scooter, Jimmy Bob, Billy Ray Earl, and 'nem have the same problem.
    You want to be by yourselves? Not in Paris ? !!

Don't make an event public and then say "y'all can't come".
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    "Safe space" has to be the most idiotic ? ever. The world does not owe it to you to be coddled. The world does not owe you a "safe space". You want a safe space? Make one for yourself if you have the will and strength to do it, otherwise deal with the world the way the rest of us have to.

Just another example of millenial entitlement at work.

who said anything able the world owing them anything

the ladies in question created what they deem will be a safe space for like minded individuals to exchange ideas, ppl are now mad

and safe spaces been around for a very long time now...the concept has just now been given a name

I'd argue churches, temples, club houses, colleges etc are "safe spaces"....or at least were safe spaces at one point in time

It's exclusionary. These are the same type of women that fought to have The Boy's Club changed to The Boys and Girls Club. The same type of chicks that sued as many "Men's Only" organizations they could find to force them to admit women but the very same that would go into a meltdown if a man tried to join a Curves.

No, churches, temples and the like were not "safe spaces". If the idea is to have a place for like-minded individuals, then exclude people who just may be like-minded but of a different race, then what's really being accomplished here? It's still exclusion. Basically what they want is a place to cackle and agree with one another, but being in the midst of people who all agree on the same thing accomplishes absolutely nothing. There must be debate, there must be a different opinion or viewpoint in order to further any cause because unless you're willing to look at an issue from a different angle you will miss information critical to your success and you will fail at everything you try to do.

you don't know enough about these women so let's not presume them to be hypocrites

a safe place is intended to be a place for like minded, marginalized ppl free of bias, conflict, criticism, or potentially threatening actions, ideas, or conversations

for ex during times when christianity was outlawed and or discouraged make shift churches were a safe space

of course we should welcome dissenting view points and ideas, group think is dangerous

but its also equally important marginalized ppl have a time and space where they can gather vent and exchange ideas in comfort, otherwise it hurts morale and helps to perpetuate their marginalization

Let me show you something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArHhMabjWwg

This is the "Hollywood" version of a real incident with Malcolm X. The way it went was that a woman from the south had heard some of his speeches and was so moved by it she sought him out. She arrived in Harlem and found Malcolm at a cafe he was known to frequent and spoke to him. He did dismiss her in a similar fashion as portrayed in the movie however instead of just standing there befuddled she actually ran off in tears.

It was a moment Malcolm regretted for the rest of his life.

After his pilgrimage to Mecca he was awakened in the sense that the color of one's skin doesn't dictate their propensity for good or evil. If one was genuine in their wish to help his cause, and their actions spoke to that, the were to be accepted with open arms. He later expressed in his autobiography "I regret that I told her she could do 'nothing.' I wish now that I knew her name, or where I could telephone her, and tell her what I tell white people now when they present themselves as being sincere, and ask me, one way or another, the same thing that she asked.". In the epilogue of his autobiography a statement he made to LIFE photographer Gordon Parks was retold about the impact the encounter with the white girl made on him "“Well, I’ve lived to regret that incident. In many parts of the African continent I saw white students helping black people. Something like this kills a lot of argument. . . . I guess a man’s entitled to make a fool of himself if he’s ready to pay the cost. It cost me twelve years.”

Hindsight allowed Brother Malcolm to see his error: Everyone can have a part to play in any movement. To intentionally exclude those from your movement because they don't look like you, or because they come from the ranks of those you see as the opposition does not serve the movement at all.

Saying you want a "safe space" with only Black women that shares the same ideology creates a perceived hostility towards anyone NOT a Black woman that may genuinely wish to help the cause. By saying that it's done to avoid "threatening actions" or "conflict" puts men who genuinely wish to help on the defense. Things like this are what Malcolm X learned after the incident with the white woman. The things that the organizers of this festival are trying to do is completely inconsistent with the goals of feminism: You cannot claim to fight for equality if you cannot treat everyone the same.

so u assume I don't know of malcom's travels to mecca? lol

i believe if any reasonable person were to just consider/research the atmosphere/history of france and how it may relate to why these women may feel a safe place is necessary in the first place they'd have no beef

and the intent behind the move does not appear to be born out of hate considering they welcome in other races of women and men into the discussion the next following days

i'll leave it at that
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    If there's one element of the modern Left that I don't wanna see anywhere near Black activist culture, it's this touchy-feely hugbox "SAFE SPACE" ? .

It makes us look weak, encourages philosophical stagnation & groupthink, and provides The Devil with an excuse to exploit.

I generally try to support women's rights in a world of Female Genital Mutilation but these smartdumb feminists stay burning bridges over petty ?

Law 18: Do Not Build Fortresses To Protect Yourself Isolation Is Dangerous

The world is dangerous and enemies are everywhere — everyone has to protect themselves. A fortress seems the safest. But isolation exposes you to more dangers than it protects you from — it cuts you off from valuable information, it makes you conspicuous and an easy target.

but you have no problem with male genital mutilation, right?

Lol what. Never said that. I oppose both.

FGM is way worse however, that's just fact. Girls out chea getting their entire ? lips and ? cut off with jagged soup can lids and ? . Its absolutely gruesome.

this old article sums up the difference nicely: (NO ? & GORE WARNING)

To get a grasp on the difference between the two practices, imagine if (instead of the ? being carefully removed) the entire head of the man’s ? were simply lobbed off! Or, as with the most extreme versions of FGM, imagine if -- after lobbing off the head of the ? , the remaining shaft was shoved between his ? and his ? stitched up over it so that it was completely unreachable. Then, years later, imagine a woman whipping out a dull knife, slicing open the now fused flesh of his ? , pulling free his ? rod and then hopping aboard the remains of his ? for a short, self-gratifying ride while he tried to choke down his screams.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus.

http://www.rotten.com/library/sex/circumcision/female/
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Safe space" has to be the most idiotic ? ever. The world does not owe it to you to be coddled. The world does not owe you a "safe space". You want a safe space? Make one for yourself if you have the will and strength to do it, otherwise deal with the world the way the rest of us have to.

who said anything able the world owing them anything

the ladies in question created what they deem will be a safe space for like minded individuals to exchange ideas, ppl are now mad

and safe spaces been around for a very long time now...the concept has just now been given a name

I'd argue churches, temples, club houses, colleges etc are "safe spaces"....or at least were safe spaces at one point in time

It's exclusionary. These are the same type of women that fought to have The Boy's Club changed to The Boys and Girls Club. The same type of chicks that sued as many "Men's Only" organizations they could find to force them to admit women but the very same that would go into a meltdown if a man tried to join a Curves.

No, churches, temples and the like were not "safe spaces". If the idea is to have a place for like-minded individuals, then exclude people who just may be like-minded but of a different race, then what's really being accomplished here? It's still exclusion. Basically what they want is a place to cackle and agree with one another, but being in the midst of people who all agree on the same thing accomplishes absolutely nothing. There must be debate, there must be a different opinion or viewpoint in order to further any cause because unless you're willing to look at an issue from a different angle you will miss information critical to your success and you will fail at everything you try to do.

you don't know enough about these women so let's not presume them to be hypocrites

a safe place is intended to be a place for like minded, marginalized ppl free of bias, conflict, criticism, or potentially threatening actions, ideas, or conversations

for ex during times when christianity was outlawed and or discouraged make shift churches were a safe space

of course we should welcome dissenting view points and ideas, group think is dangerous

but its also equally important marginalized ppl have a time and space where they can gather vent and exchange ideas in comfort, otherwise it hurts morale and helps to perpetuate their marginalization

Let me show you something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArHhMabjWwg

This is the "Hollywood" version of a real incident with Malcolm X. The way it went was that a woman from the south had heard some of his speeches and was so moved by it she sought him out. She arrived in Harlem and found Malcolm at a cafe he was known to frequent and spoke to him. He did dismiss her in a similar fashion as portrayed in the movie however instead of just standing there befuddled she actually ran off in tears.

It was a moment Malcolm regretted for the rest of his life.

After his pilgrimage to Mecca he was awakened in the sense that the color of one's skin doesn't dictate their propensity for good or evil. If one was genuine in their wish to help his cause, and their actions spoke to that, the were to be accepted with open arms. He later expressed in his autobiography "I regret that I told her she could do 'nothing.' I wish now that I knew her name, or where I could telephone her, and tell her what I tell white people now when they present themselves as being sincere, and ask me, one way or another, the same thing that she asked.". In the epilogue of his autobiography a statement he made to LIFE photographer Gordon Parks was retold about the impact the encounter with the white girl made on him "“Well, I’ve lived to regret that incident. In many parts of the African continent I saw white students helping black people. Something like this kills a lot of argument. . . . I guess a man’s entitled to make a fool of himself if he’s ready to pay the cost. It cost me twelve years.”

Hindsight allowed Brother Malcolm to see his error: Everyone can have a part to play in any movement. To intentionally exclude those from your movement because they don't look like you, or because they come from the ranks of those you see as the opposition does not serve the movement at all.

Saying you want a "safe space" with only Black women that shares the same ideology creates a perceived hostility towards anyone NOT a Black woman that may genuinely wish to help the cause. By saying that it's done to avoid "threatening actions" or "conflict" puts men who genuinely wish to help on the defense. Things like this are what Malcolm X learned after the incident with the white woman. The things that the organizers of this festival are trying to do is completely inconsistent with the goals of feminism: You cannot claim to fight for equality if you cannot treat everyone the same.

@desertrain10

@Madame_CJSkywalker

What can a patriarchal, chivalrous, benevolent sexist like myself do to further the cause of the feminist movement?
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    ? feminist as a staff, a record label, and as a muthafuckin crew. And if you down wit feminism, then ? u too.
  • konceptjones
    Options
    If there's one element of the modern Left that I don't wanna see anywhere near Black activist culture, it's this touchy-feely hugbox "SAFE SPACE" ? .

It makes us look weak, encourages philosophical stagnation & groupthink, and provides The Devil with an excuse to exploit.

I generally try to support women's rights in a world of Female Genital Mutilation but these smartdumb feminists stay burning bridges over petty ?

The world is dangerous and enemies are everywhere — everyone has to protect themselves. A fortress seems the safest. But isolation exposes you to more dangers than it protects you from — it cuts you off from valuable information, it makes you conspicuous and an easy target.

FGM is way worse however, that's just fact. Girls out chea getting their entire ? lips and ? cut off with jagged soup can lids and ? . Its absolutely gruesome.

To get a grasp on the difference between the two practices, imagine if (instead of the ? being carefully removed) the entire head of the man’s ? were simply lobbed off! Or, as with the most extreme versions of FGM, imagine if -- after lobbing off the head of the ? , the remaining shaft was shoved between his ? and his ? stitched up over it so that it was completely unreachable. Then, years later, imagine a woman whipping out a dull knife, slicing open the now fused flesh of his ? , pulling free his ? rod and then hopping aboard the remains of his ? for a short, self-gratifying ride while he tried to choke down his screams.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus.

and yet, if you were circumcised at birth you were already victimized. Fact is the majority of males on the planet are uncircumcised. The practice is considered barbaric and completely unnecessary pretty much everywhere EXCEPT the US yet you would be hard pressed to find an American male outraged over what has happened to them because it's genital mutilation of males has been normalized in our society.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Africans mutilate the ? out of males. They circumcise teenage boys using no anaesthetic and with a knife. Its horrifying and had to watch it for health class
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus.

and yet, if you were circumcised at birth you were already victimized. Fact is the majority of males on the planet are uncircumcised. The practice is considered barbaric and completely unnecessary pretty much everywhere EXCEPT the US yet you would be hard pressed to find an American male outraged over what has happened to them because it's genital mutilation of males has been normalized in our society.

and yet, if you were circumcised at birth by a doctor you have 0 memory of that.

Can't say the same for those teen & pre-teen girls that got held down by their aunties while mom dukes sawed their ? hood off.

both are bad, but...............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAIfzRWYSwQ
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options

Thank you. i ? hate millenials. latte sippin sissies.. this whole labeling of everything is ? annoying as ? ..

they geeks want to live inside a mobile fortress of bubblewrap..

Take the word as it comes face it fight it. Some of these geeks fighting position is Crouching Tiger Hidden Fetal. ? Hippies care bears
  • konceptjones
    Options

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus.

and yet, if you were circumcised at birth by a doctor you have 0 memory of that.

Can't say the same for those teen & pre-teen girls that got held down by their aunties while mom dukes sawed their ? hood off.

both are bad, but...............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAIfzRWYSwQ

Please do the following:

Google "African male circumcision ritual"
    Click on "Videos"

Watch a few, then come back after watching a few teenage boys have to get their ? chopped and write more about how it's a female issue.