Do yall ? eat food from gas stations?

Options

Comments

• PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unless they have a built in restaurant, Im not ? with anything that's not packaged except the hot dogs.
    And that's cause I know all they do is put it on the warmer cause that's what I used to do. They can't ? that up. The one with cheese in em>>>

damnkp wrote: »
    mostly no... For I while, I wouldn't even eat at the chain restaurants that are in the gas stations. There's this on gas station here called Buc-ee's. That place is better, cleaner, and more consistent than some big chain restaurants. I'm still on the fence about Quick Trip, tho.

I don't ? at gas stations often.. but when I do it's at buc-ee's...immaculate bathrooms..has a ? stationed in that ? at all times.. top 5 toilet experience

Maaaan, you can see your own reflection on the toilet seat. I almost feel shame cause I know im about to blow up this exquisite stall and knock the property value down.

7-Eleven got the Slurpee, Buc-ee's got the toilets.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Not a gas station but the worst thing i ever did was order a rare steak at iHop :s

It's IHOP ? , not a steak house haha

I went there and didnt want breakfast. And i already knew their chicken was garbage. So i rolled the dice on the steak.... ? up ordering it rare tho. Thats on me.

You ? up wanting a rare steak anyway

Thats how u sposed to eat steak

...just not at iHop

no, you're not. Rare steak can harbor salmonella, e coli, or parasites; it's never supposed to be eaten rare for safety reasons.
    Not true. Raw meat is more dangerous because of the bacteria that can be found on the outside. The inside, however, is virtually germ-free. Once a steak is cooked "rare", the outside has been cooked long enough to be safe.

Not according to the USDA it's not. And the bacteria, and particularly parasites, do exist inside the meat. That's why it's recommended to use a thermometer to check the temps in the center of the meat, not the outside of it.

I got salmonella from eating a medium rare steak when I was a lot younger; never again. I thought I had the flu, but the ? got worse and I went to a doctor who diagnosed me with salmonella poisoning. His first question: "Do you eat steaks rare or medium rare?" Once I told him I had a medium rare joint a few days earlier he wrote out a script for some amoxicillin and sent me on my way with instructions to ask for it medium well or well done going forward. Haven't had a steak any other way in over 25 years.

Sounds like you had a poorly prepared steak. I've never gotten sick from eating rare or medium rare steak.

• Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not a gas station but the worst thing i ever did was order a rare steak at iHop :s

I went there and didnt want breakfast. And i already knew their chicken was garbage. So i rolled the dice on the steak.... ? up ordering it rare tho. Thats on me.

...just not at iHop

no, you're not. Rare steak can harbor salmonella, e coli, or parasites; it's never supposed to be eaten rare for safety reasons.
    Not true. Raw meat is more dangerous because of the bacteria that can be found on the outside. The inside, however, is virtually germ-free. Once a steak is cooked "rare", the outside has been cooked long enough to be safe.

Not according to the USDA it's not. And the bacteria, and particularly parasites, do exist inside the meat. That's why it's recommended to use a thermometer to check the temps in the center of the meat, not the outside of it.

I got salmonella from eating a medium rare steak when I was a lot younger; never again. I thought I had the flu, but the ? got worse and I went to a doctor who diagnosed me with salmonella poisoning. His first question: "Do you eat steaks rare or medium rare?" Once I told him I had a medium rare joint a few days earlier he wrote out a script for some amoxicillin and sent me on my way with instructions to ask for it medium well or well done going forward. Haven't had a steak any other way in over 25 years.

At what restaurant did you have this steak?
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ate rare steak my whole life and never got sick.

Not even at iHop... ? was gross, but still didnt get sick
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options

...just not at iHop

At what restaurant did you have this steak?

I took a chick out to dinner at this spot in Detroit called London Chop House. Oddly enough it closed about a month after I went there, but not because of safety issues, it had just run it's course after about 60 years in business. High end spot, very few other places in SE Michigan like it.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    A medium rare steak is cool, but a medium steak is just right. Had a cookout the other day where I had some of my bros over. One of them ? had the audacity to tell me he wants his well done. Told him naw...not even gone waste one of my steaks doing that.

x2

Just had some medium lamb from Poor Calvin's last night. It's the best way to go when cooking those types of meats imo!

• TheGOAT
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    A medium rare steak is cool, but a medium steak is just right. Had a cookout the other day where I had some of my bros over. One of them ? had the audacity to tell me he wants his well done. Told him naw...not even gone waste one of my steaks doing that.

I only eat well done.I ain't eating no raw meat. I swear growing up no black folk ate raw ?
    . Now everyone talking bout medium is the best. Any red or pink I'm not eating shrugs

LOL yea thats one stereotype black folk def live up to.

I got one brother who eats rare steak like me. The rest my whole fam is well done everything.

Black folk scared of blood. But that blood adds flavor
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I eat sushi and my steaks medium rare mostly cuz i love the softness easier on my teeth
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ate rare steak my whole life and never got sick.

Not even at iHop... ? was gross, but still didnt get sick

Man I ate a medium rare steak and the next morning thought I was going to ? out my ? . never again. Nothing but well done from that moment on. Steak was too pink in the inside and now I make sure it's brown.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options

I only eat well done.I ain't eating no raw meat. I swear growing up no black folk ate raw ? . Now everyone talking bout medium is the best. Any red or pink I'm not eating shrugs

? it's leather at well done haha

Nope. Just had a tender well done steak at ? Barrel (LOL) a few days ago.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Well done is trash

You have to cook it right. My steaks be bomb and juicy and we all know how much you like juice in your mouth nh
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How the ? do you die from eating cheese?

Anyway I was in the US a couple months ago. Stopped in McDonald's on way home from the bar. Their tills were broke so I had to get food from the 24hr gas station. Got this corndog and a cheese burger from the hot cabinet at the back. I can't even describe the taste.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I only eat well done.I ain't eating no raw meat. I swear growing up no black folk ate raw ?
    . Now everyone talking bout medium is the best. Any red or pink I'm not eating shrugs

I got one brother who eats rare steak like me. The rest my whole fam is well done everything.

? that blood = raw lol.... I swear I think new "cultured" Negros watched the food network and now are woke lol If I hear another its only good if rare/meduim and juicy comment foolishness lol. If u cant keep a steak moist and well done then u cant cook.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I only eat well done.I ain't eating no raw meat. I swear growing up no black folk ate raw ? . Now everyone talking bout medium is the best. Any red or pink I'm not eating shrugs

? it's leather at well done haha

naw its cooked not raw greatness ....
  • TheGOAT
    Options

? that blood = raw lol.... I swear I think new "cultured" Negros watched the food network and now are woke lol If I hear another its only good if rare/meduim and juicy comment foolishness lol. If u cant keep a steak moist and well done then u cant cook.

LOL at being a "woke" & "cultured ? " ifyou eat your steak rare or medium. :lol:

And a moist well done steak is an oxymoron unless u comparing it to beef jerky
  • VulcanRaven
    Options

LOL at being a "woke" & "cultured ? " ifyou eat your steak rare or medium. :lol:

And a moist well done steak is an oxymoron unless u comparing it to beef jerky

Not from any place I ate or when I cook my own steaks. The steak be juicy, tender and brown inside. Maybe if the quality of the steam is bad but why eat low quality steak?
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I notice the bottom one is in Hawaii....I mean that's how they get down but you won't see that ? in no local corner spot

both of those are hawaii..pretty much every gas station/convenience store..

Yeah but they don't sell that ? in the picture in local stores

all local to me lol
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is out here eating raw meat? Integration got you ? picking up them cave man ways
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    ? is out here eating raw meat? Integration got you ? picking up them cave man ways

@Bcotton5 loves raw meat. So I'm not surprised at him
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Medium rare has more flavor and isn't as dried out and tough as well done is.

I don't ? with rare, though, and especially don't ? with blue.