Options
123457»

Comments

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Martha was not with the ? .

Oleg is over it.

Elizabeth getting soft believing Tuan so easily.

Henry either getting his exit out the show or he's taking over the family spy business not Paige.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, some ppl on online think henry is leaving the show
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    It would make sense. he barely got any screen time cuz any kid storyline went to Paige. I used to think it was funny cuz he would pop up for random ? like doing an Eddie Murphy impersonation outa nowhere. But I can't help but think them building up that he's actually smart and better in control of himself than Paige probly ever will be has to have a purpose.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, The Americans feels like homework now, smh. I struggle to finish episodes now. Its like they are saving all the good stuff for the final season next year.
  • marc123
    Options
    The whole Paige meeting Gabriel fell flat imo
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited May 2017
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Man, The Americans feels like homework now, smh. I struggle to finish episodes now. Its like they are saving all the good stuff for the final season next year.
    Or the last 3 eps.

This season slow as fuuuuuck. The writers said a while back how real spycraft is actually really boring and you hit a lot of dead ends more often than not and they were gonna work that into the show...but it still feels like not much has happened even tho quite a bit has happened. I wish there some action to balance it out. Like can we get a car chase or a fight or something.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Or the last 3 eps.

This season slow as fuuuuuck. The writers said a while back how real spycraft is actually really boring and you hit a lot of dead ends more often than not and they were gonna work that into the show...but it still feels like not much has happened even tho quite a bit has happened. I wish there some action to balance it out. Like can we get a car chase or a fight or something.

When home girl dumped Philip for being too passive and weak, i was like "This is the perfect metaphor for the season"
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    this season kinda trash
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    Great episode. The wedding was dope. Hopefully that means p&e will ride it out to the end together.

The end scene with Paige and her parents in the darkroom was loaded. It coulda went either way with her showing her parents what they did to her cuz she couldn't say it or she could be moving toward taking her parents' side cuz pastor tim out here showing fake love to ppl.
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Did not expect Elizabeth to wana be done. I'm surprised I didn't catch it cuz it was so easy. They been setting up Philip as the one who mentally checked out the game a long time ago and Elizabeth is the hard ass that was gon ride or die for russia. I shoulda seen the misdirection there.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did not expect Elizabeth to wana be done. I'm surprised I didn't catch it cuz it was so easy. They been setting up Philip as the one who mentally checked out the game a long time ago and Elizabeth is the hard ass that was gon ride or die for russia. I shoulda seen the misdirection there.

I think the reason she told Phil they should leave is cause she sees he's not really in it anymore. Him hesitating to shoot ol girl was the tipping point. They won't be able to just leave tho too much unfinished business.

This season has been somewhat disappointing, I still enjoy watching but this has been the weakest season of the series.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think the reason she told Phil they should leave is cause she sees he's not really in it anymore. Him hesitating to shoot ol girl was the tipping point. They won't be able to just leave tho too much unfinished business.

This season has been somewhat disappointing, I still enjoy watching but this has been the weakest season of the series.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    white715 wrote: »

You know what you are right. I realized that when I saw the episode again. I also think she's been not feeling it either. She was disappointed when granny told them they would have to keep working the crop ppl.
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tuan is a cold blooded ? ...even Elizabeth looked at him like wtf???
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    This was my favorite episode of the season. And they thought they was slick saying pasha was gonna slit his wrists then Paige hanging the laundry bag looking like a noose.

Philip wasn't having none of that ? .
  • marc123
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Jus got caught up...

Family that develops photos together stays together lol

Felt bad for the old lady n her husband. Str8 head shots tho. Damn.

They cant really think paige n henry can deal with living in Russia. LMAO at the idea of not telling henry until they were already there.

Tuan really bout that life...

So paige leaving religion now or nah

Stan n his fbi dude were shocked to met the bf....? was like "wtf are u doin?!"

I gotta feeling the finale ends with a crazy cliffhanger
  • marc123
    edited May 2017
    Options
    lol i forgot pastor tim knows they are spies. I was confused af for a min
  • marc123
    Options
    I cant wait to see when stan finds out the Jennings actual russian spies lol
  • marc123
    Options
    season 5 finale tonight....
  • godoffun
    godoffun Members Posts: 203 ✭✭
    Options
    Going to watch this at work today.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    I liked the episode. Overall I tried really hard to get into this season, but it was super slow. All I know is I got high hopes for the last season cuz there's no way their ending can be as slow as this one. They're definitely not going back to Russia with kimmy's dad getting that promotion. Idk if that means that will drive a wedge between p&e or what...I hope not and I don't think it will since Elizabeth is really sympathetic to Philip and is also losing faith in the mission.

Something up with stan's gf. I wonder if stan will ever find out about p&e since he wants to leave counter intelligence.

Tuan ? crazy. Makes earlier Elizabeth seem tame.
  • marc123
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Jus watched....

I expected some huge payoff but nah. Last seasons finale slow af too. Back to back slow seasons finale....idk. i jus expected more. I expected real danger. The cop walking in on them standing over the dead kid, stan getting some kinda lead on p&e. Paige spills the beans to henry, something...

Imo the best part was the tuan n p&e stuff. That was g af. They all kept it 100. I'd love to see more Tuan backstory.

Ever since the 1st ep i have been waiting for the scene where stan finds out p&e are spies. And the fall out etc. Dont look like thats gone happen now. Thats a letdown imo

Gotta speak on those teasers that dropped b4 the season.....um. those were all bs. With the fighter jets flying over the city. They gave the impression ? was bout to hit the fan. SMH. 100% misleading. This show is better than that.

I expected some sorta race to the finish. But its slow, drawn out n boring. Feels like are dropping the ball. Like they are wasting all the set up from the earlier seasons.....ill be back next season. But im no where near as geeked as i should be for such a GOAT shows final season.