Who's the strongest poster here now?

Options
LUClEN
LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just hit 365 squat for 2 reps today @ 160lbs bodyweight. Also got 405 lbs deadlift for 3 reps

These are decent but I wanna know who's putting up the biggest numbers

Comments

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pretty impressive for 160lb

High bar or low bar?

• LUClEN
    Options
    High bar. Low bar is less comfortable for me.

Front squats the worst though
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    That's a savage deadlift. I bet you could 1 rm 500

How does squat mess w your back more than deads tho?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • leftcoastkev
    edited March 2017
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »

Yeah pretty impressive at 160.

I high bar a little more than that last time I maxed out but I haven't done singles, doubles, or triples in months so I don't know where I'm at currently there. I'm been repping 345 for 6s for the past couple of weeks.....but I fluctuate between 195 and 205 bodyweight so you're probably stronger than me in terms of relative strength. I make gains where I can at this point through 5-8 rep schemes and I ain't forcing it unless I'm just feeling extra on a day.

Front squats are cool. One thing that helped me was widening my stance and pushing my knees out (with feet tracking my knees). I could stay upright and get deeper to get far more power out of it out of the hole (firing through glutes). I used to front squat like I back squat (narrow stance to put it on my quads), but I found myself leaning forward using upper back too much when it got too heavy. Last time I 1rm fronts was probably 5 months back and it was 295. Besides front squatting, the main thing that helps my front squat is bent over barbell rows (for spinal erectors).
  • LUClEN
    Options

Yeah pretty impressive at 160.

I high bar a little more than that last time I maxed out but I haven't done singles, doubles, or triples in months so I don't know where I'm at currently there. I'm been repping 345 for 6s for the past couple of weeks.....but I fluctuate between 195 and 205 bodyweight so you're probably stronger than me in terms of relative strength. I make gains where I can at this point through 5-8 rep schemes and I ain't forcing it unless I'm just feeling extra on a day.

Front squats are cool. One thing that helped me was widening my stance and pushing my knees out (with feet tracking my knees). I could stay upright and get deeper to get far more power out of it out of the hole (firing through glutes). I used to front squat like I back squat (narrow stance to put it on my quads), but I found myself leaning forward using upper back too much when it got too heavy. Last time I 1rm fronts was probably 5 months back and it was 295. Besides front squatting, the main thing that helps my front squat is bent over barbell rows (for spinal erectors).

I'm going to try this next time. I tend to have a narrow stance when I front squat
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont none of u ? train with weighted clothing tho so im pretty sure yall aint ? with my skrength
    piccolo_ready_by_trekkaredd-d3icpq8.jpg
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    Dont none of u ? train with weighted clothing tho so im pretty sure yall aint ? with my skrength
    piccolo_ready_by_trekkaredd-d3icpq8.jpg

I'm the strongest, I don't know my limit, but it's high.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im a not strong ? but i got nice hands...never been into weight lifting do to my ability to look cut was hardly no work.

i have been thinking about getting into working out to gain strength....

still thinking
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Going too heavy is just stupid to me, seen so many people get injured from trying to be the biggest bad ass.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I just hit 365 squat for 2 reps today @ 160lbs bodyweight. Also got 405 lbs deadlift for 3 reps

These are decent but I wanna know who's putting up the biggest numbers

Can you do an explosive pushup while gripping a 60lb dumbbell in each hand?

Pull ups only using 2 fingers from each hand? Pushups the same?

When u talking about strength ? the numbers

*Snatches crown and usurps throne*

• LUClEN
    Options
    Never tried the push up thing but finger pull ups are child's play. Calisthenics in general are easy af when you can overhead press 1.5x your body weight

• LUClEN
    Options
    I'm pretty sure waterproof has the crown btw but he's been MIA ever since his last Tren cycle. Probably out fighting bears and deadlifting airplanes
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Squat - 590
    Deadlift - 645
    Bench Press - 335

These numbers are from like a year ago though. I haven't power lifted since then. Thinking I may get back on it next year though.
  • Mastery
    Options
  • leftcoastkev
    Options
    I'm pretty sure waterproof has the crown btw but he's been MIA ever since his last Tren cycle. Probably out fighting bears and deadlifting airplanes

You ever saw those guys so strong they move BEYOND the barbell and weight plates?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms8jcc8npZY

At the gym:
    You: "wat up bro, what you working on today?"
    Him: "? these deads and mess around with some accessories after"
    You: "cool, what weight u workin with"
    Him: "Cadillac"
    You: "huh?"
    Him: "Yeah I think imma warmup with a CTS and work my way up to Escalade....after that some weighted pull-ups with a set of rims"
    You: "............"
    You: "......aight man....." gives dap "have a good workout"
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ha! Bout to start another Tren/Test Cycle but this time I'm throwing in Anvar. The Aqua is 40 years old

Bench - 445
    Deadlift -700 On Cycle for one rep, 635 off cycle
    Squat - 550
    Standing Overhead Press - 275 (need to work on that)
    Barbell Curl - 185 one rep on a Great ? Day

Not bad for a old man
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    Squat - 590
    Deadlift - 645
    Bench Press - 335

These numbers are from like a year ago though. I haven't power lifted since then. Thinking I may get back on it next year though.

You strong ass ? , and that 590 squat! Those Damn hamstrings have to be huge (No ? )
  • Mastery
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    Mastery wrote: »
    Squat - 590
    Deadlift - 645
    Bench Press - 335

You strong ass ? , and that 590 squat! Those Damn hamstrings have to be huge (No ? )
    I've always been strong bruh. My issue is I travel so much for work, it's hard to get in my workouts consistently.