Black Panther and the Danger In Letting Others Dictate Your Heroes

Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2017 in Lights, Camera, Action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adTLAcKyd3s&t=3s

Some deep ass ? .

Comments

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Cliff notes and time stamps?

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    So this tah nessi coates was the one who created the dor miljae? Judging from this video i'm real iffy now about wether or not i want to see the bp movie. Especially if they sre getting more screen time than bp. Mainoy because it seems that they have emasculated bp
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Coates ? black panther which was known by fans for over a year

? him

Went from most advanced and technological nation to

? camps

Emasculation of black males

? agenda
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped reading BP before finishing the Nation Under Our Feet arc when Wakanda was turning against T'Challa. So the book got worse huh?
  • Splackavelli
    edited May 2017
    the Reginald hudlin era was the best. I read some of volume 1 online and jack Kirby's art was ugly. yeah he helped create a lot of the characters we all know but I admit his art is some of the worst I've ever seen. as for this whole lesbian agenda I bet the same people who were ? about his marriage to storm are happy about the lesbian bodyguard thing.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since ive been collecting, i always wanted a Black Panther solo story (his on going was cancelled when i began collecting). when the current one by Coates dropped i was excited af. Was optimistic after first issue, but stopped reading after the 5th issue. Wasnt crazy about it at all.

The movie sounds promising af though. They just released a new Synopsis for it and it sounds bad ass.
  • Splackavelli
    fortyacres wrote: »
    He was created by Stan Lee a white dude so technically he is not our intellectual property

its really not that deep , you hotep ? are really taking the fun out of blackness or the black renaissance.

I aint a hotep ? but that video opened my eyes to the fuckery that happening with Disney/marvel comics. the way he described the black panther movie I'm on the fence about it. my hype for the movie is dying mainly because his bodyguard is going to get more screentime than him and yeah that ice man stuff is some ? . I remember reading new x men and he was hetero then the original five x men travel back in time and meet their future adult selves. the young teenage ice man who was flirting with female xmen members for the first few issues of the book all of a sudden is ? . its just messy writing and making characters ? for the sake of the agenda.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

You muthafuccas will not throw a monkeywrench in this.
  • Splackavelli
    I really don't care if they the dora miljae are lesbians as long as black panther gets enough shine and they don't use tah nessi coates work as source material.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this tah nessi coates was the one who created the dor miljae? Judging from this video i'm real iffy now about wether or not i want to see the bp movie. Especially if they sre getting more screen time than bp. Mainoy because it seems that they have emasculated bp

Hell nah coates has nothing to do with the Doras they've been around for years. ? Coates run by the way he shouldn't even be doing Black Panther he straight up admitted that he wasn't really a fan of the character like that. He's more of a Spider-Man fan and has butchered Panthers lore.
  • CottonCitySlim
    edited May 2017
    He was created by Stan Lee a white dude so technically he is not our intellectual property

its really not that deep , you hotep ? are really taking the fun out of blackness or the black renaissance.

Your out of your lane on this one.

Comic book companies rarely do monitory hero solos, even when they appear they are background characters, fodder or bee wrenches, and males as eunuchs.

It's important to show the character in a strong place just like other white heroes.

Come on bruh, white readers ? to end the marriage because black panther comic was hogging storm but she hasn't really been doing anything since returning to the xmen.

They made them fight like jerry springer
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? always complaining and making conspiracy theories. Coates run hasn't been great, I gave up before the first arc finished but I also wasn't interested in BP as a character in the first place.

I did enjoy his villains and the world building he did with Wakanda but overall it couldn't overshadow the lack of interest.

The BP book was Marvel's #1 seller for a long while as there was excitement for the character. 2 spin offs were published based on that success and they were both cancelled.

Coates tried to expand Wakanda and give it a fresh identity, I appreciate his efforts. ? these hoteps, ? will dissect a grilled cheese sandwich and still come up with white supremacy and ? agenda.
  • CottonCitySlim
    jono wrote: »
    ? always complaining and making conspiracy theories. Coates run hasn't been great, I gave up before the first arc finished but I also wasn't interested in BP as a character in the first place.

I did enjoy his villains and the world building he did with Wakanda but overall it couldn't overshadow the lack of interest.

The BP book was Marvel's #1 seller for a long while as there was excitement for the character. 2 spin offs were published based on that success and they were both cancelled.

Coates tried to expand Wakanda and give it a fresh identity, I appreciate his efforts. ? these hoteps, ? will dissect a grilled cheese sandwich and still come up with white supremacy and ? agenda.

It was a best seller because he was Fresh off movie hype, was a star in Secret War's and hadn't had a solo comic in over 2 years, but it died because most fans hated the hack job Coates is doing. Reginald Hudlin and David Liss the previous 2 BP writers even commented on it in his forums

http://hudlinentertainment.com/about-me/black-panther/

Comic Book resources liss talks about the current run with the fans also

Coates is quiting so hopefully the next writer ignores his run
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reginald Hudlin had an acclaimed run on that book and is in the film business. If anybody should've been hired as a consultant on a Black Panther movie it's him.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Coates wasn't used to writing comics basically. His run isn't as bad as some make it out to be. He was more so writing about Wakanda and how BP is coping with the aftermath of all the ? that has happened to Wakanda over the last few years. Surprisingly, Coates had more knowledge of BPs continuity than you'd expect. He was trying to expand Tchalla's landscape and I believe he did a decent job of that. I imagine he will get better as time goes on. He didn't create the Dora and the only ones that I know are ? are the one in his story.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ehhh, BP is cool in the Ultimates comic. Marvel is doing a good job with minority characters in some ways honestly. Hell, they pushing minorities so hard that white males are ? , and I almost understand why. lol The Ultimates are probably the strongest team right now in the Marvel Universe and the team consists of 2 black males, a black woman, a latina, and a white chick. My favorite comic out right now too. Not just because of the diversity, but mostly because it's a dope cosmic story.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ehhh, BP is cool in the Ultimates comic. Marvel is doing a good job with minority characters in some ways honestly. Hell, they pushing minorities so hard that white males are ? , and I almost understand why. lol The Ultimates are probably the strongest team right now in the Marvel Universe and the team consists of 2 black males, a black woman, a latina, and a white chick. My favorite comic out right now too. Not just because of the diversity, but mostly because it's a dope cosmic story.

• peeny_wally2
    peeny_wally2 Members Posts: 26 ✭✭
    OP is Tommy sotomayor. I'm sure of it.