WWE PPV thread - WWE Clash of Champions [AJ Styles vs. Jinder Mahal] - Dec. 17

Comments

• Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can see Lana ? protector
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mi
    jono wrote: »
    That Bon Jovi knock off theme for the Kanellis' was annoying asf. I like the twist of the names but I'm not sure where the characters are going yet.

We'll see. It seems more like Maria's vehicle than Mike's at the moment.

They basically using the same gimmick they ran in TNA but it looks like Mike might be tweaked a lil bit.

Leaving WWE for Ring of Honor was the best thing for Marias career imo, she aint no joke now and I wont be surprised if she snatch that #1 heel spot from the women, she be killin ? these days ..
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usos are fantastic, they were already great, they needed this turn years ago, kinda weak finish but keep it going, heel tactics

Lana looked good shockingly

Lol @ property of Paul E

Mike and Maria kanellis not Bennett, well damn

Come on man, these dudes bout to have a ladder match it should take a lil more for medical attention for nakamura, I had a feeling Corbin would do sum when Nakamura didn't come out last tho

Sami destroyed folks in this bih, he looked strong. Ko Gon need back surgery after this ? lol

And Corbin wins, kinda meh
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    for back to back pay per views wwe put most of the mid-card in the main event, which hurt both shows imo
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people thought that match with Lana would be trash but i remember seeing like 2 years ago they said she was performing on the same level as some of the chicks that were in NXT but that they wanted to keep her in ring talent a surprise. Shes always been slated for a big push so I wont be surprised if she get it some time this year.
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    for back to back pay per views wwe put most of the mid-card in the main event, which hurt both shows imo

I disagree i thought last night and Raws last ppv didnt give off the feel of missing bigger names because mid card did their thing.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How in the absolute ? did Steph ok that finish to the lady's mitb?

article I read on this..
    Carmella won the first-ever women’s Money in the Bank ladder match. The problem, is, she didn’t win it by herself — James Ellsworth physically climbed the ladder, retrieved it for her, and tossed it down to his friend who is a girl without being ordered to by her. Now, in theory, this could work: they’re heels, you’re supposed to hate Ellsworth, and Carmella being totally okay with taking the easy way out and letting a man do the work for her is a reason to boo her.

The problem is that, unless you’re too young to realize it, you’re aware a writing team made this decision. And that’s where much of the heel heat for this win is going to go instead of to the performers themselves.

WWE probably should have stopped at Ellsworth pushing the ladder with Becky Lynch on it over and let Carmella go from there so we had the image of her pulling the case down ingrained in both our memories and available for whatever WWE Network look at the past special they make down the road. Instead, we had this propped up as a historic moment for women, and then had a man determine the outcome by himself. That’s not pulling the rug out from under the audience so much as rolling them up in the rug and then kicking the rug down a steep cliff.

Maybe you aren’t bothered by it at all. Or maybe you know it’s a tone-deaf, idiotic decision, but you’re also willing to wait it out since it sure seems like every woman in WWE is going to take burns mutilating Ellsworth for what he’s done, and it’s clear that the angle WWE wants to push here is that it is wrong for a man to have won this for Carmella, and we should be mad, and that someday, he will get what he deserves for this transgression. The thing is, those aren’t the only two options.

This is a move that could backfire and cost WWE viewers, and that’s not something they should be intentionally setting out to do. Especially not when women are dying for a reason to not only watch WWE, but believe that they’ll deliver a product where they’re as fairly represented as the men. They don’t get the time the men do, they only recently get the stories and matches men do, and in this instance, they weren’t even allowed to finish the match themselves. It shouldn’t be a surprise if some viewers bail on watching because WWE hasn’t built up long-term trust with them to do things right in the end — it’s on WWE to inspire that trust in their viewers, not for fans to inherently have it within them.

Me? I’m in that second camp, those who know it was dumb but are curious to see where WWE goes with it given the kayfabe reactions of their authority figures and women from both shows. I’m just some dude with plenty of representation in WWE, both historic and present-day, though. Take a moment today to think about how this finish might feel for those who lack that luxury.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Them snowflakes need to ? off. Maryse stay helping Miz win. Sherri Martel been helping men win. This ? is wrestling. Shut up.
  • Already Home_17
    edited June 2017
    you can't promote the first ever woman's MITB ladder match, all while emphasizing its significance, just to have a man win it

it's not like ellsworth climbed up the ladder with carmella on his shoulders so she could grab the briefcase herself. he climbed up the ladder after knocking a woman off to retrieve the briefcase

he literally won the match

when did maryse ever pin miz's opponents for the IC championship?
  • jono
    The bell didn't ring until Carmella was in possession of the case. She possessed the case SHE WINS. Period.
  • jono
    edited June 2017
  • Already Home_17
    the finish was wack. a wack finish deserves criticism. end of story
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ehh more I think about it, if done right maybe Corbin the right winner, build another new star rather then going with established Indy guys n Ziggler
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its obvious that they setting up Corbin to be a top guy...another homegrown, WWE made talent
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and yeah....that finish to the womens MITB was wack af. I get it heel heat...but if this is the first ever match...you take the significance away from the women. Carmella should have climbed the ladder and got the case herself...
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    That Crusereight match was nice. Ending was wack.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good opening match. Bray needed that win
  • Already Home_17
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cass better be getting different music
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Spotted a "Big Casshole" sign
  • KillaCham