SoundScan-Clown's Vs. HipHop Head's

hrap-120
hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in The Face Off Forum
echo-side.jpg

When some rappers drop albums the fans make threads discussing the lyrics, concepts, and themes on the albums.

Classic threads have been made dissecting lyrics, name-drops, and samples from certain albums when they drop....the focus is on the music.

When some rappers drop albums the Reason gets cluttered with multiple threads about album sales, posters cheering and celebrating like they own actual stock in the rapper.

SoundScan-clowns in their rabid devotion to their favorite artists will brag that sales figures actually mean something...

...while admitting Insane Clown Posse has 2 Platinum albums and 3 Gold albums and have sold over 10 million worlwide while Rakim as a solo artist and with Eric B. has only sold 2.5 million in his 20+ year career. HipHop Head's understand this dynamic

Eric+B++Rakim.jpg

Yep, that's right, the rapper who most people view as the greatest of all time was outsold by rapping clowns in makeup
who sold more than triple what he has sold his entire life.
This makes them better.

Insane Clown Posse >>>>>>>>>>Rakim Allah

...according to clowns

Comments

• UK_FTW
    UK_FTW Members Posts: 412
    edited June 2010
    Obviously clown posse are better they are white and have done better numbers

what are you a ? h-rap?

Smh
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    LOL

I don't understand how the clowns have one fan SMH, you talk about a joke of hip hop.
  • Treize117
    Treize117 Members Posts: 1,112
    edited June 2010
    The Reason is full of people with the most extreme opinions I've ever seen...

Either its sales mean nothing or sales mean EVERYTHING...
    Either its completely artistic or completely sold out...

When will people understand that there's a balance to this ? ...

Like when people mention some no name underground rapper and say they're so much better than [Insert popular mainstream rapper here]...Do u realize your opinion is no different than someone who says Gucci is the best rapper alive? Its just the opposite extreme. It takes no more skill to make music that is so personal and unique that it appeals to a minimal audience than it does to completely sell out and make corney cliche ? just to get sales.

Real artists have the ability to express themselves artistically AND appeal to a broad audience. Thats the intangible. Thats what sets the great artists apart.
  • UK_FTW
    UK_FTW Members Posts: 412
    edited June 2010
  • hrap-120
    edited June 2010
    Treize117 wrote: »
    The Reason is full of people with the most extreme opinions I've ever seen...
    Its just the opposite extreme. It takes no more skill to make music that is so personal and unique that it appeals to a minimal audience than it does to completely sell out and make corney cliche ? just to get sales.
    Real artists have the ability to express themselves artistically AND appeal to a broad audience. Thats the intangible. Thats what sets the great artists apart.

This explains why millions of people support Insane Clown Posse and why they have a cult following of juggalo's.

SMH @ more rappers not wearing make-up when they see it might actually work.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    dont you guys know sales only matter when discussing jay z because jay z said so...
  • Treize117
    Treize117 Members Posts: 1,112
    edited June 2010
    not hardly a balance. Far from it.

Or else, the most conscious, intelligent, educated, deft-rappers
    wouldn't be treated like kryptonite, by....Record Labels, Radio, Cable Video Channels, Pop Culture Endorsements

Music contained powerful messages, long before the party scene took over it...and to silence that intellect now, to quiet those educational rappers now, to black-list them from mainstream commercial music now, is eerie.

Strategically-brilliant, but still eerie. People who control the music industry DO FULLY UNDERSTAND the powder keg that would be released...if they started signing conscious, educational and intelligent rappers, to record deals....if top-notch Producers were to see that, and start linking up with conscious rappers.

That would equal putting information, or power, in the Earhole of Influencable Youth;

Regarding that truth, the Caucasian-Jews have said "not on our watch, not while we control this music industry!"

I didnt say there was a balanced representation of artists in the media. Thats a completely different subject.

My post was aimed specifically at those sayin "this artist is better than this artist" because of one specific feature.

There's more than one aspect to evaluate an artists career on, is pretty much all I was tryna say.
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Yet another ridiculous thread. But aye keep dropping "knowledge."

Getwitcha
  • gum989
    gum989 Members Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    This thread isn't about ICP or Rakim, it's about Eminem. Read between the lines. BTW - congrats to Em' on a big first week! Hate is for...
  • Skeratch
    Skeratch Members Posts: 1,395 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Rakim has never dropped knowledge like ICP did on "Miracles."

Close thread.
  • hrap-120
    edited June 2010
    Yet another ridiculous thread. But aye keep dropping "knowledge."

Getwitcha
    That little red rectangle underneath your name means you have negative reputation...how did that happen?

I can respond to your post because I know you are neither an Emenim Stan or one of these swine-eating weirdo's who cant read between the lines.
    The premise of this thread is self-explanatory it has nothing to do with "knowledge' but everything to do with observation.

One strange individual actually said that record sales are based on skill & talent, I tried to inform him that skills and talent are just a few factors that contribute to album sales, but their are other factors that those close to the industry overstand better than the average swine-merchant on a hiphop forum.

You my brother and I love you, I never want to be "ridiculous"..this isnt a "LiL B", "Stan worship" thread or a "? Lyric thread, its my observation and opinion.
  • dj expanium
    dj expanium Confirm Email Posts: 3,581 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Skeratch wrote: »
    Rakim has never dropped knowledge like ICP did on "Miracles."

Close thread.
    Really?!?!? They've dropped more albums and gotten more sales....but nothing like this.......
  • Skeratch
    edited June 2010
    Really?!?!? They've dropped more albums and gotten more sales....but nothing like this.......

Naw, I was being deliberately stupid. Miracles was wack and so is ICP.

The Microphone Fiend could obliterate ICP's entire catalogue with one line.
  • dj expanium
    dj expanium Confirm Email Posts: 3,581 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Skeratch wrote: »
    Naw, I was being deliberately stupid. Miracles was wack and so is ICP.

The Microphone Fiend could obliterate ICP's entire catalogue with one line.
    That song by itself can obliterate many other hip-hop/rap catalogues besides ICP.
  • Skeratch
    edited June 2010
    That song by itself can obliterate many other hip-hop/rap catalogues besides ICP.

Very true.

Rakim is a legend.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    ? sales, how do they work?
  • Skeratch
    edited June 2010
    ? sales, how do they work?

And I don't wanna talk to a statisticianist
    Y'all ? lying, and getting me ?
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    That little red rectangle underneath your name means you have negative reputation...how did that happen?

I can respond to your post because I know you are neither an Emenim Stan or one of these swine-eating weirdo's who cant read between the lines.
    The premise of this thread is self-explanatory it has nothing to do with "knowledge' but everything to do with observation.

One strange individual actually said that record sales are based on skill & talent, I tried to inform him that skills and talent are just a few factors that contribute to album sales, but their are other factors that those close to the industry overstand better than the average swine-merchant on a hiphop forum.

You my brother and I love you, I never want to be "ridiculous"..this isnt a "LiL B", "Stan worship" thread or a "? Lyric thread, its my observation and opinion.

Maybe its me, but sometimes i dont agree with the approach. Trust me, i get what you're saying. But does every thread have to come off this way? Its obvious that you're a smart dude, and i respect your opinion. All your threads get a good amount of responses, so if it works it works. I'm probably just coming off as a hater...lol...

I never noticed the reputation thing before, and really dont care about either. Thanks for pointing it out though.

Getwitcha
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I like ICP but lets get real rakim is the best rapper ever
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    it is kind of funny how HipHop has went full circle as far as sales are concerned...