Fargo Season 3

124»

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That black didn't deserve to get got, made me feel no so bad for Nicky Swango. She said she loved Ray but I'm still not totally sold. This is a chick that pushed an AC unit on a guy.

• Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Yes great season finale, loved it. Although I did have a few questions. Like why it took Mr wrench 5 years to murder Emmit. Also what eventually happened with Yuri? And what was the significance of the character Gloria met on the plane and the one who was in the bowling alley at the bar?

But I absolutely love the decision to leave the final scene open-ended. As it hammers home the overall theme of the nature of truth and the certainty of uncertainty that was prevalent throughout this season. Gloria' s character is old fashioned. Technological devices never seemed to work for her and she was at odds with the modern world. So she takes an old fashioned approach. She thinks circumstantial evidence will implicate Varga. She believes the truth will prevail. Varga on the other hand believes that the truth can be manipulated in one's favor and will absolve him of any wrongdoing. It's up to the viewer to choose the outcome and pick a side. That was so dope. This was an exceptional season imo. I really hope Hawley is motivated enough to bring us a 4th one.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Also what eventually happened with Yuri?

Divine intervention.
    And what was the significance of the character Gloria met on the plane and the one who was in the bowling alley at the bar?
    Broddie wrote: »
    I loved how the divine forces were on Nikki's side until pride got the best of her. By all accounts she and Wrench should've died at the bus wreck. But the greater forces gave her a chance.

Unfortunately since she didn't finish off the wickedness she was given a 2nd chance to stop (Varga). She gave in to her human impulse instead, went after Emmit as a more direct form of revenge in a very complex scenario where straight forward revenge would've never worked and got got. Dope ? .

Furthermore notice how she never got to recite the biblical passage to Emmitt? Cause it wasn't meant for him. Her downfall by the way came because she gave in to pride. The same sin that undid the lives of others this season.

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Solid finale