edited June 2017 in The Reason
Boot Camp Click's SEAN P
Or mobb Deep's PRODIGY

Try to judge them as SOLO artist
Pretty difficult maybe, but let's try.

"SEAN P" or "PRODIGY" 34 votes

SEAN P
47%
nillerthekidza'kissillestni99ainneSwiffness!L.O.S.T.BewareWeazelBuilt 4 cuban linxTurfaholicLou CypherTrillfateSoloman_The_WiseLUClEND. MorganBedStuyNechesh358 16 votes
PRODIGY
52%
buttuh_b[Deleted User]nawledge_godscrapper1power_wisdomanduinemaculateStewmetal face terroristBobOblahFigo_God_victory_kidListenclosersmp4lifeFosheezyd1al_t0neDogowner14 18 votes

Comments

• Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SEAN P
    RIP to both legends.
  • Weazel
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SEAN P
    Going with sean but RIP to both
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SEAN P
    For me it comes down to Jesus price superstar vs hnic
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
  • Weazel
    SEAN P
    Gonna sit this one out...

Stand up! B)
  • Weazel
    SEAN P
    Too soon

Might sound stupid, but I wanted to make this poll when Prodigy was still alive.
    Didn't do it, because I thought Sean would get extra votes because of his unfortunate passing.
    Then when Prodigy passed away, I was like damn. ? this poll.

But now I made it anyway
    See it as a salute to the late greats.

P's
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PRODIGY
    sean p dope as they come, but prodigy gritty rap skills i aligned more to till his death.
    rip sean p, rip prodigy. both catalogs is rap royalty.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SEAN P
    ? up I like prices solo ? more though. Dude could have sided as a comedian too
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PRODIGY
    Like both. Voted for P to even the poll out.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is too close to call
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PRODIGY
    The Infamous & Hell Of Earth >>> Anything Sean P Ever Put Out As A Soloist Or Part Of Heltah Skeltah
  • Weazel
    SEAN P
    Like both. Voted for P to even the poll out.

Everybody votes for P in this thread
    There is no other option, lol
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    SEAN P
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    The Infamous & Hell Of Earth >>> Anything Sean P Ever Put Out As A Soloist Or Part Of Heltah Skeltah

Yeah, but dropped a few more gems and then he stank it up for a decade. Sean P has been a beacon of consistency. Da Shinin' is a classic album, and Sean P's solo career >>> Prodigy's
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PRODIGY
    za'kiss wrote: »

Yeah, but dropped a few more gems and then he stank it up for a decade. Sean P has been a beacon of consistency. Da Shinin' is a classic album, and Sean P's solo career >>> Prodigy's

Da Shinin was Smiff$Wesson album not Heltah Skeltah. Prodigy had HNIC 1and 2, Return of the Mac and Albert Einstein. All solid or classic. Heard his latest album was dope, but I didn't hear it yet. And to be truthful after the first Mobb Deep album, none of them was wack. They range from good to classic.
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    SEAN P
    za'kiss wrote: »

Da Shinin was Smiff$Wesson album not Heltah Skeltah. Prodigy had HNIC 1and 2, Return of the Mac and Albert Einstein. All solid or classic. Heard his latest album was dope, but I didn't hear it yet. And to be truthful after the first Mobb Deep album, none of them was wack. They range from good to classic.

I meant Nocturnal. That's a classic. So is Da Shinin though.

I prefer Sean P's solo albums. I think Monkey Barz is classic and Jesus Price Superstar and Mike Tyson are great.

Prodigy fell off IMO toward the later part of his career with his flow, often not even rhyming his words and not rhyming to the beat, and his lyrics weren't as good.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SEAN P
    Return of the Mac is a masterpiece to me, but Prodigy could be inconsistent in his later years. His peak was def the early days.

Price peak was the last decade of his life....

Dude's humor put it over the top for me. ALEJANDROOOOOOOOOOO! Lol
  • Dogowner14
    Dogowner14 Members Posts: 189 ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    PRODIGY
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so close for me that I cant vote.
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    SEAN P
    Sean P my dude. Met him once performing in Red Hook with Dead Prez. Also seen him perform with immortal tech at BB Kings. He never disappointed me with his rugged lyrics. I went to school with some of his Decepticon crew.

Prodigy is too iLL

The type of music they put out is what's missing in the game on a commercial level. Conway the machine reminds me of them. I think that's why Prodigy was gravitating to his style and freestyling with him recently
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BedStuy wrote: »
    Sean P my dude. Met him once performing in Red Hook with Dead Prez. Also seen him perform with immortal tech at BB Kings. He never disappointed me with his rugged lyrics. I went to school with some of his Decepticon crew.

Prodigy is too iLL

The type of music they put out is what's missing in the game on a commercial level. Conway the machine reminds me of them. I think that's why Prodigy was gravitating to his style and freestyling with him recently

Wish this was more than 3 joints...

Conway X Prodigy - Hell Still On Earth EP
    https://youtu.be/RYqtzCOjDIM
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SEAN P
    achewon87 wrote: »
    BedStuy wrote: »

Prodigy is too iLL

Wish this was more than 3 joints...

Conway X Prodigy - Hell Still On Earth EP
    https://youtu.be/RYqtzCOjDIM

This track was my ? . First heard it when PF Cuttin was mixing it around Halloween.