ESPN To Layoff over 100 employees

13»

Comments

• Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESPN has let go of yet another longtime NFL reporter.

John Clayton, who has covered the NFL for ESPN for 23 years, has been laid off, according to Sporting News.

Clayton’s ESPN Radio show in Seattle will remain in place, as the local ESPN Radio affiliates are not actually owned by ESPN. But he is done covering the league for ESPN on television and on ESPN.com.

ESPN is laying off about 100 employees. Clayton joins a list of many laid-off ESPN workers who are recognizable to NFL fans, a list that also includes Adam Caplan, Andrew Brandt, Trent Dilfer, Ed Werder, Britt McHenry, Ashley Fox and Paul Kuharsky.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Britt mchenry got laid off...damn..? was fine
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Britt mchenry got laid off...damn..? was fine

4t1at1ir6mx6.png
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    You can tell Greeny wanted to be a bigger str than just a guy on ESPN. I think he tried to host many game shows. And he was hosting one that failed i think. Like he wanted to be a co host with Kelly Rippa type of dude. Like Strahan. I mean how upset can Golic be his sorry ass son getting a job based off just being his son.

I get Golic's reasoning for being upset. Greeny suppose to be his boy and to not tell him he was leaving the show was mad disrespectful. These dudes had an 18 year partnership and Golic had to hear it from somebody else while Greeny said nothing.

yea you right
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    313 wayz wrote: »
    MallyG wrote: »
    I read that article. Watching the show they really play it off that everything is fine. If I didn't read it I wouldn't have know they don't like each other.

Not totally surprised. Mike Greenburg is annoying as ? for no reason to me (it's his voice and demeanor. Golic ain't that far off either, but Greeny just takes the cake. He jus look like a ol' weak ass ? !

This isn't a surprise due to Greeny looks like he is nonconfrontational as hell.....just look at him....he looks like he should be a lawyer or accountant instead of talking about sports

thats the funny part at times he look nervous or uncomfortable cuz golic be talkin ? to him even when guests are on he ? on greeny cuz he played football golic should be thankful tho he annoying as ? beside football he got no input and his son got a job just cuz mike and mike show but i dont blame greeny dude was climbing up the ranks then got stuck at mike and mike lol
  • elgato
    elgato Members Posts: 216 ✭✭