edited July 2017
    American Gangsta
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    bck145 wrote: »
    I would put most of Jay-Z discography above 4:44....the album doesn't have songs that make me want to keep coming back to it

Ima just start it off by saying, I don't have a problem with you like a lot off ppl on this site

But you don't wanna keep coming back because this album really ain't made for you bruh.

Just saying

It's ppl my age that are digging the album....im not a little teenager or a 20 something kid running wild....i just think ppl were so hungry for new Jay-Z that they would say it's great regardless...and it's really not

I'm talking about you being white bruh

Yep...the typical cop out answer in the reason when ppl get in their feelings when they can't dispute what someone is saying

I'm not trying to dispute ANYTHING you said.

I'm just giving you introspective why you probably don't give this album extra spins.

That wasn't directed at you...in general

I don't want to give it extra spins because he's not really saying anything that any grown man don't already know.....it lacks energy and flow and some of it sounds like spoken word ? but without any soul or passion...not something I need from jayz

AG doesn't have some of the messages from 4:44 but the energy was better, the rapping was better, and has a wider array of vibes from song to song
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This White ? stay bringing nothin to the table
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would put most of Jay-Z discography above 4:44....the album doesn't have songs that make me want to keep coming back to it

Ima just start it off by saying, I don't have a problem with you like a lot off ppl on this site

But you don't wanna keep coming back because this album really ain't made for you bruh.

Just saying

It's ppl my age that are digging the album....im not a little teenager or a 20 something kid running wild....i just think ppl were so hungry for new Jay-Z that they would say it's great regardless...and it's really not

I'm talking about you being white bruh

Yep...the typical cop out answer in the reason when ppl get in their feelings when they can't dispute what someone is saying

I'm not trying to dispute ANYTHING you said.

I'm just giving you introspective why you probably don't give this album extra spins.

That wasn't directed at you...in general

I don't want to give it extra spins because he's not really saying anything that any grown man don't already know.....it lacks energy and flow and some of it sounds like spoken word ? but without any soul or passion...not something I need from jayz

AG doesn't have some of the messages from 4:44 but the energy was better, the rapping was better, and has a wider array of vibes from song to song

Jay z music is soulless his closes songs are bp1 maybe that's why it's held such high standard and ag that's why I put it over 4:44
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    4:44
    @bck145 it's all good Brody. There's always Mac Miller

Theres something for everyone buddy, Hip hop doesn't discriminate. *Salute*
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    American Gangsta
    Forgot all about American Gangster had to replay that ? . AG is better no doubt
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Rather hear 444 as a whole than AG. AG got fire tho. Fallen, Sweet and the last track are my joints. But @GetoBoy is right. Them 3 additional joints can positively or negatively be the difference
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    American Gangsta
    This White ? stay bringing nothin to the table

Says the guy who didn't vote or drop an opinion.....you lookin real corny with that response
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't feel AG the way you guys did
  • victory_kid
    victory_kid Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm one of the few that don't rate American Gangster as an album at all.

I felt like Jay-z didn't put an effort on that album, almost like it was too easy for him to create, the concept was pretty much given. Mind you, I do rate the production and lyricism on a lot of joints, yes... but overall as a project, it wasn't and still isn't special to me.
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? damn the ? ain't even been out a week.
  • Hulk803
    Hulk803 Members Posts: 50 ✭✭
    It's real close but I like 4:44's production more
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayyo, can somebody hit my inbox with that 4:44 album? Thanks in advance!
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Survive the drought I wish you well, hold up
    Survive the drought? I wish you well?
    How sick am I? I wish you health
    I wish you wills, I wish you wealth
    I wish you insight so you could see for yourself

American Dreamin' is in my top 5 of Jay tracks. Don't know if I can call 444 better than AG yet
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    American Gangsta
    AG was sonically better, his flow was better too. It was Jay-Z doing his best Jay-Z, a drug dealer over smooth beats.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    American Gangsta
    i ro ny wrote: »
    ? damn the ? ain't even been out a week.

You don't need a week to compare albums.