Create Your Own Label Tournament Round 2: Winner - New Money Ent. 3 - 2

13»

Comments

• Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Future Sales: NME has a few heavy hitters sprinkled with some artists that have loyal and strong fan bases. Although many of those artists may not be known to move weight, on a strong power label I'm sure they can be consistent. FHFs are a stacked label with a diverse group of artists that can push units with ease. It's apparent that this label was built to sell records by any means necessary.

FHF

Future Critical Acclaim: Again the diversity of FHFs almost certainly guarantees them a ton of critical acclaim if handled correctly. NME has your sure fire artists mixed with a group of artists that fans and critics alike are itching to hear. Once again this is going to depend on how the label is handled and managed. I believe this comes down to the CEOs of the labels. Birdman has constantly shown he can reinvent the wheel. Advantage NME.

NME

Longevity: NME just has too many artists that have been in the game and consistently been putting in work for years. FHFs is sprinkled with experience but NME is a tad bit more top heavy. I'm going with the experience on this one.

NME

Album Covers/Tracklist: As far as Album Covers, just brilliant on both sides. This is easily the best match up of album covers that I have seen. So many stand out covers on both sides. I had to break it down to tracklists and production and NME gets the edge on this. They get so close to the artists visions or what we think are the artists visions, that it's almost scary. Close category but...

NME

Cohesion: If you notice NME is almost broken down into different segments or camps to form a whole. This could work or it could be a house divided. FHFs methodically put together a roster that just meshes.

FHF

This was a championship match up plain and simple. Salute to both labels because this was way too close.

Winner: New Money ENT

• _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Ik this joint was close, but damn. We're goin on day 3
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Da Riddler wrote: »
    Ik this joint was close, but damn. We're goin on day 3

I thought the thread was locked or something.
  • GovernmentCheese
    GovernmentCheese Members Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao, it's a Saturday night. I'm about to go out, I'll post my vote before I go though.
  • GovernmentCheese
    edited February 2014
    Future Sales: I have to go with FH&F in this category. If we're talking about future sales, I can imagine most of @ibex roster moving a ton of units except for yelawolf. The Wu Tang Clan brings @sion down in this one. They are legends but I can't see them going Plat and Gold like most of the artist on FH&F. Both labels wouldn't have a problem in future sales but I just feel that @ibex gets this win because his team is just too deep in this category.
    Vote: Freak ? 's & Flows

Future Critical Acclaim: I am going with @Sion. @ibex might not have problems in the sales department but will most of his artist music be considered classic in the future? Most likely, there are a good amount of artist on FH&F that can release classic music. Daft Punk, Justin Timberlake, Eminem...but some of the pop artist on there is the only weakness in this category. For ex. Miley Cyrus may sell but her music is surrounded by controversy and good promotion. I can't imagine her releasing classic music anytime soon. The same goes for Will I AM and Justin Bieber. @sion shines bright here with the Wu Tang Clan. Ghostface Killah still continues to release albums that receive a ton of accolades. I can imagine the critics going crazy over the Alicia Keys and Sade albums backed up by Quincy Jones the GOAT. In the end, this category was close but I'm going with New Money Ent.
    Vote: New Money Ent.

longevity: Tie - Both labels will have no problem staying around for a while. Both labels have years of experience in their genres. For @ibex you have artist like Daft Punk and Justin Timberlake holding it down in the POP lane. For @Sion the roster is built like a dynasty too. Ialready said it before, these both labels look like two modern day dynasties.
    vote: Tie

Album Covers/Tracklist: Soooooo damn hard to go with one label here! Both of y'all killed it but I am not a fan of the Will I am and Lady Gaga covers on @ibex side. The lady gaga cover looks a little forced. I know Gaga is crazy as ? but I still can't imagine her dropping something that crazy. Again, both sides are damn near flawless in this category but those two covers are scust imo. I also feel that the gif albums are different and dope but gimmicky. The regular albums in this match are way better imo.
    Vote: Tie

Cohesion: I'll go with @ibex here. Something about the Wu Tang Clan being with with a YMCMB type label seems off. It seems more like two different families under a same roof. Not to say that they wouldn't get along but @ibex roster looks more like one big family.
    Vote: Freak ? 's & Flows

I vote for Freak ? 's & Flows @ibex
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So these 2 are tied?

which judges still can vote?
  • GovernmentCheese
    Match is tied up 2 - 2, best of 5!

It's up to one of y'all now, only one more vote needed.
    @Fy_HunnitMz
    @tonydubbz
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Future Sales: Wow. Both got heavy hitters that will sale individually. NME got the Big 3 (Nicki, Drake and Waynee) and all can go platinum (gold for Nicki,ctfu). You just don't know if the Wu joints will hold up their end when it comes to moving records. Freak ? 's got too much pop appeal.

Vote goes to FH&F

Future critical acclaim: I'm going with NME here. The collaborative albums (Drake + Sade and J.Cole), the Wu Reunion and Individual albums from those members will really keep people talking down the line. Eminem, JT's album and Daft Punk will get that acclaim, but a few of those other albums could be hit or miss. I don't know too many classic Pop records.

New Money Ent.

Longevity- I like New Money Ent here. The younger artists will carry their albums indiviudally, and Si did a good job mixing the younger talents with the veteran talent. I would love to hear Weeknd w/ Sade and Alicia Keys. Even the younger producers got a hand in the Wu albums with RZA. You got to give these Vets some shine with the younger rappers.

New Money

Album Covers: Just a phenomenal job by both label owners. Uggghhh.. I think I'm going with Sion. Yeah, you know what? Sion. ? it. That Lady Gaga cover is my favorite since Bergs Curren$y cover. I'm not a huge fan of that Eminem cover. That J.Cole + Drake cover reminded me too much of the Weeknds Trilogy cover. I really comes down to creativity to me. Although all of Sions covers show the actual rappers face on it, that FILA cover pushes me over the ? . I like the gif. ideas on Drakes album and Child's Play. My question. Did New Money help out on any albums on Freak ? 's in Flows? (looking at that Macklemore album)

New Money

Track Lists: Ehh... this might be a tie.. All of FH&F's joints make sense. Its crazy how consistent he is in this area. I mean. The chemistry on the Eminem and JT albums is right there. I think I bigged homie up about this his last round. I'm just impressed with how well put together these albums are.

As for Sion, I really like the production and track names on the Wu albums. Like i said earlier, that mixture of young producers with the vet producers really work well for me. Although I think Sion put more effort into his track list (did I see Digi Phonics on that Method Man album? Hot), I'm really on the fence here..

I'll go with FH&F's here.

Cohesion- I'm going with Sion here, easily. FH&F's would've beat most others in this category, but Si got Drake with his set of producers. Wu with all members and producers. FH&F's did a great job overall with what he got. I just think SIon's roster is just too deep.

My winners is New Money ENT.
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aye man, @Ibex gets better and better each game. Great round you two!
  • GovernmentCheese
    @Fy_HunnitMz thanks for the vote

@sion wins 3 - 2 and is going on to face riddler in the semifinals.
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good game @Sion good luck in the next round
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    I called it, that was definitely battle of the tournament so far. Props to both of yall.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bex gonna be a problem next year he had a strong label I see him having the same exact roster next year since he plays the game different than everyone else. He did the damn thing and props to him and Sion for this interesting battle
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man this match was Epic..rounds like that is why I got in the game...I got to take some time and mediate on whether I come back for the next games cuz I damn near lost my job doing tracklists and covers for this one LOL..I may just play a consigliere role to Yung$ cuz I see potential in him (Nh)...but props to Sion he made me step my game up if I was gonna lose to anybody I'll take the lost to him..and Menace it ain't no beef on this end bro I just couldn't let you troll vote me like that
  • BarreGoff
    BarreGoff Members Posts: 326 ✭✭
    mm my favor is Everytime You See Us ft. Birdman, Mannie Fresh, T.I. ? . Mannie Fresh & DJ Toomp
  • jill
    jill Members Posts: 327 ✭✭✭
    High On Love ft. The Weeknd ? . Noah 40
    Your Love Is King Noah 40 Mix (Sade talks the meaning of passion & music)
    Price of Fame ft. Sade & Drake (FHF Diss) ? . Noah 40
    Where It's Strong ft. Sade & The Weeknd ? . Noah 40 & Quincy Jones
    I Never Thought ft. Sade & The Weeknd ? . Noah 40
    Define You ft. Drake & Sade ? . Noah 40 & Sade Adu
  • osheytvhq
    osheytvhq Members, Banned Users Posts: 11
    wow... i love all this dope hip-hop ? i'm seeing here http://osheytv.com
  • osheytvhq
    osheytvhq Members, Banned Users Posts: 11
    wow... i love all this dope hip-hop ? i'm seeing here http://osheytv.com