Ford To Offer Self-Driving Cars Without Steering Wheels By 2021

2»

Comments

• White_Owl_Willie
    White_Owl_Willie Members Posts: 220 ✭✭
    I could see self driving cars getting big in the service vehicle/commercial transportation industry, but as far as people's personal vehicles? Nah, part of the fun of driving is the control, the freedom (perceived or not), trying out how different whips handle, etc...? is almost primal at this point.

Folks may get these just to stunt a lil bit, but ultimately people wanna drive their vehicles.

• banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could see self driving cars getting big in the service vehicle/commercial transportation industry, but as far as people's personal vehicles? Nah, part of the fun of driving is the control, the freedom (perceived or not), trying out how different whips handle, etc...? is almost primal at this point.

Folks may get these just to stunt a lil bit, but ultimately people wanna drive their vehicles.

It's still years before it's being used for commercial use.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at commercial use.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem is most of yall can't drive now anyway. I dont trust that computer to react to all them other humans being knuckleheads on the road. Even if you keep the steering wheel in them jokers those extra seconds it takes to regain control of your car in an emergency could cost you your life.

• mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kzzl wrote: »
    Problem is most of yall can't drive now anyway. I dont trust that computer to react to all them other humans being knuckleheads on the road. Even if you keep the steering wheel in them jokers those extra seconds it takes to regain control of your car in an emergency could cost you your life.

This will be the main issue with computer driven cars for a while; The other humans on the road are sure to ? up. The average person can't drive. People are idiots and I'm going to have to drive my way around their stupidity.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noooo thanks

Exactly all ideas are not good ideas and a self-driving car isn't one of them imo. I like that technology is apart of our society but this is just a case of people relying on technology too much.
  • TDUB1
    TDUB1 Members Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭
  • KingLuciano
    KingLuciano Members Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭
    I ain't trying to end up like that white dude who had a self driving tesla, it crashed into some ? while he was watching a bugs life.