Name An MC That Got Demoted From Your Top 10

Options
124»

Comments

• bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    What makes ? Son a classic? It bangs from all the way through. It took us on a journey of what he was going through after the battle with Jay and the passing of his mother. He had bangers like Made you look, Masterminds and Revolutionary Warfare. Classic stories like Get Down, Last Real ? Alive. Inspirational songs like I can, Thugz Mansion, Heaven and Warriors Song. It was a complete album. The production was great and of course it was lyrically tight. I can't see how people say TBA was classic. and this wasn't.. ? Son ? all on that album.
    bck145 wrote: »
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Tupac. After going and discovering more hiphop he just doesn't stack up. Also after discovering Necro Eminem just comes off as corny.

If a ? don't have pac in his top 10 ain't bein honest with himself. If we basin it on classic albums, and influence Pac is in the top 5 convo everytime, he's top 10 solid though.

How do influence make you the best rapper? Lil Wayne got ? dressing like weirdos and Young Thug got ? dressing like girls. Migos got everyone sounding like them. Are they the best rappers? And Wayne got a classic. Influence just mean you're a leader and ? are ? riders. Has very little to do with being the best. ? wasn't sounding and looking like Pac till he was dead too.

Pacs influence is deeper than that. Either you young, or you got your head in the sand. Been dead 20 years, and died before 26. He had the world in his hand. You talkin about dreads, double time rap, i'm talkin ? actually hittin the liquor store and grieving like they lost a close cousin when pac died. It's levels to this.

Pac got classic songs, classic albums, classic movie roles, classic hip hop events, classic rants, classic quotes(behind the mic and in front of an interviewer), classic everything, he even got classic jail letters B. Eminem is the biggest hip hop artist to live, and he still hasn't sold more, or has more of a following than pac has, and this ? been dead for 2 decades. Pacs verses still stick today because he kept it real.

My ? I won't lie, i'm not even a pac fan, everything ain't for everybody, but bruh... recognize the greatness. That dude was from another planet. That energy still hasn't been matched.

It's a difference between greatness and being the best. No one said he was the best when he was living. Facts. He was an icon. He made great music. He was exciting. I'm not taking that from him. But he wasn't the best at rapping. " You're nobody till somebody kills you. " Big said that. I like Pac too. But I'm not going to act like he was the best out in the 90s. Hip-Hop still went on strong after he died. He wasn't Jay-z top 3. And that's from an artist perspective. But my point was and still is influence doesn't make you a better mc. It just mean you touch more people. Whether by marketing and promotion, your antiques or your actual music. Iverson influenced the whole culture of basketball players under him. But he was never the best. Same thing applies here.

All eyez on me was the most anticipated album of my life time and delivered...he was by far the biggest thing in hip hop after ? and chronic dies down

He has more classic albums in a row than big, Jay-Z and nas have in their entire catalog

And you are overlooking the Score that came out that same year. And Lauryn Hill album. Nas It was written was highly anticipated aswell as Biggie second album and Wu-tang forever. The Chronic 2001 was just as anticipated if not more. Nas had 3 classic in a row too. Stillmatic, Lost Tapes, ? son.

None of those were close to the buzz all eyez on me had....the only thing that came close was grodt

I don't count lost tapes but gods son is not a classic

How you know? You measured it with your buzz meter? You don't to count Lost Tapes. It had a bar code and it wasn't a mix tape. People been waiting on DR Dre album for years at that point how wasn't it more anticipated than AEOM? Pac had only been out of Prison a month of two. And People was fiending for L Booggie album. You bugging.

Yeah...you know ppl eagerly waiting for an album...ive never seen ppl that hyped for an album before or since....pac was coming off of the greatest rap album ever made and just signed to death row

Chronic 2001 was anticipated but after the first aftermath album not as much as it could of been

Lost tapes is a thrown together project...similar to r u still down....i don't count that as part of pac's classics
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    ? 'S SON IS MY 3RD FAVORITE NAS ALBUM...
    WITH STILLMATIC AT 4TH...

I DON'T COUNT LOST TAPES BC ITS A COMPILATION...
    BUT IF I WERE TO COUNT IT, IT WOULD BE 3RD...

I do count Lost Tapes & it's my 3rd favorite Nas LP.
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Em his songs about farting, name dropping celebs etc didn't age well at all
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What makes ? Son a classic? It bangs from all the way through. It took us on a journey of what he was going through after the battle with Jay and the passing of his mother. He had bangers like Made you look, Masterminds and Revolutionary Warfare. Classic stories like Get Down, Last Real ? Alive. Inspirational songs like I can, Thugz Mansion, Heaven and Warriors Song. It was a complete album. The production was great and of course it was lyrically tight. I can't see how people say TBA was classic. and this wasn't.. ? Son ? all on that album.
    Tupac. After going and discovering more hiphop he just doesn't stack up. Also after discovering Necro Eminem just comes off as corny.

If a ? don't have pac in his top 10 ain't bein honest with himself. If we basin it on classic albums, and influence Pac is in the top 5 convo everytime, he's top 10 solid though.

How do influence make you the best rapper? Lil Wayne got ? dressing like weirdos and Young Thug got ? dressing like girls. Migos got everyone sounding like them. Are they the best rappers? And Wayne got a classic. Influence just mean you're a leader and ? are ? riders. Has very little to do with being the best. ? wasn't sounding and looking like Pac till he was dead too.

Pacs influence is deeper than that. Either you young, or you got your head in the sand. Been dead 20 years, and died before 26. He had the world in his hand. You talkin about dreads, double time rap, i'm talkin ? actually hittin the liquor store and grieving like they lost a close cousin when pac died. It's levels to this.

Pac got classic songs, classic albums, classic movie roles, classic hip hop events, classic rants, classic quotes(behind the mic and in front of an interviewer), classic everything, he even got classic jail letters B. Eminem is the biggest hip hop artist to live, and he still hasn't sold more, or has more of a following than pac has, and this ? been dead for 2 decades. Pacs verses still stick today because he kept it real.

My ? I won't lie, i'm not even a pac fan, everything ain't for everybody, but bruh... recognize the greatness. That dude was from another planet. That energy still hasn't been matched.

It's a difference between greatness and being the best. No one said he was the best when he was living. Facts. He was an icon. He made great music. He was exciting. I'm not taking that from him. But he wasn't the best at rapping. " You're nobody till somebody kills you. " Big said that. I like Pac too. But I'm not going to act like he was the best out in the 90s. Hip-Hop still went on strong after he died. He wasn't Jay-z top 3. And that's from an artist perspective. But my point was and still is influence doesn't make you a better mc. It just mean you touch more people. Whether by marketing and promotion, your antiques or your actual music. Iverson influenced the whole culture of basketball players under him. But he was never the best. Same thing applies here.

All eyez on me was the most anticipated album of my life time and delivered...he was by far the biggest thing in hip hop after ? and chronic dies down

He has more classic albums in a row than big, Jay-Z and nas have in their entire catalog

And you are overlooking the Score that came out that same year. And Lauryn Hill album. Nas It was written was highly anticipated aswell as Biggie second album and Wu-tang forever. The Chronic 2001 was just as anticipated if not more. Nas had 3 classic in a row too. Stillmatic, Lost Tapes, ? son.

None of those were close to the buzz all eyez on me had....the only thing that came close was grodt

How you know? You measured it with your buzz meter? You don't to count Lost Tapes. It had a bar code and it wasn't a mix tape. People been waiting on DR Dre album for years at that point how wasn't it more anticipated than AEOM? Pac had only been out of Prison a month of two. And People was fiending for L Booggie album. You bugging.

Yeah...you know ppl eagerly waiting for an album...ive never seen ppl that hyped for an album before or since....pac was coming off of the greatest rap album ever made and just signed to death row

Chronic 2001 was anticipated but after the first aftermath album not as much as it could of been

Lost tapes is a thrown together project...similar to r u still down....i don't count that as part of pac's classics

Me against the World was not the Greatest Rap album ever. Who you think you are the official Hip-Hop Critic?
  • bck145
    Options

Me against the World was not the Greatest Rap album ever. Who you think you are the official Hip-Hop Critic?

Nope....but you ain't either....plus it's hard to argue against it....no hip hop album is as complete
  • power_wisdom
    Options

Nope....but you ain't either....plus it's hard to argue against it....no hip hop album is as complete

Never said I was. But I never proclaim any album to be the best album of all times. It's just was a bold sentence. But it was a really dope album.
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can't ? just base their top 10 off of music they like?
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dogowner14 wrote: »
    Jay Z used to be on my top 10 until he dropped Blueprint

I used to like Biggie but when he claimed to be playa but Pac still ? his wife fucc him

I used to like Ross but soon as he got exposed as a CO fucc him!

I used to like Game but when he got exposed as a stripper fucc him!

I used to like TI but soon as he got exposed as a SNITCH fucc him!

I used to like CNN but soon as Capone got exposed as a snitch fucc him!

I used to like Dipset but soon as they went at Nas ? them*

Jada and Styles used to be my in my top 15 book but when Diddy made them their bitchez FUCC EM!

I used to have rakim in my top 10 book until he dissed Nas for no reason.. ? HIM

Either you're a teenage ? her way to being a groupie or a ? on her way to being a bigger ? ... ...
  • bck145
    Options

Never said I was. But I never proclaim any album to be the best album of all times. It's just was a bold sentence. But it was a really dope album.

So you don't have a hip hop album that you believe is the best?
  • power_wisdom
    Options

Not just one. And if I did, I understand it's my opinion and I wouldn't state it like it was a fact. I might say this is the best double cd I ever heard or this is the best album by a female, but the say out of all the albums in the world that this is the greatest is just not factual.
  • bck145
    edited July 2017
    Options

Not just one. And if I did, I understand it's my opinion and I wouldn't state it like it was a fact. I might say this is the best double cd I ever heard or this is the best album by a female, but the say out of all the albums in the world that this is the greatest is just not factual.

Sure it is.....90% of things posted here are opinions...so it useless to always say In my opinion because it's obvious that it's an opinion

Nothing artistic can be said definitively as the best or worst....its all an opinion so in my world me against the world is the best ever and that is factual to me....but none of that needs to be said
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    ? 'S SON IS MY 3RD FAVORITE NAS ALBUM...
    WITH STILLMATIC AT 4TH...

I DON'T COUNT LOST TAPES BC ITS A COMPILATION...
    BUT IF I WERE TO COUNT IT, IT WOULD BE 3RD...

I do count Lost Tapes & it's my 3rd favorite Nas LP.

NOT MAD AT THAT BC IT DOES CARRY AN "ALBUM VIBE" TO IT...

PROB. SINCE MOST OF THE SONGS WERE RECORDED FOR THE SAME ALBUM I AM...
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd say ? , az and big L. Mostly because i started to listen to more people and i lost touch with them. I still think they all have something to offer my ear. I'm sure i haven't heard every song from them, i know for a fact i haven't heard a ? solo lp in over 4 years. And i just found out az had a lp out not too long ago
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ludacris simply for not putting enough material out over the years and others collective works surpassing his...