HBO: The Defiant Ones - Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine Documentary

1235»

Comments

• eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gee757 wrote: »
    Lol@ kurupt tryna tame that dawg
    Cain wrote: »
    Also it shed some light on Snoop and Pac fall out. Of you noticed when Snoop was talking he said he was riding with Pac until he started bad mouthing Dre. Then he realized he couldn't be apart of the dissing of Dre.

So in retrospect does still make Snoop as some here like to call him not loyal because he didn't ride with Pac but rode with Dre? Not to me but this may be a topic for another thread

Snoop really wasn't pacs homeboy for real he was more of a snake the whole time... especially after it was revealed snoop was dissing biggie in the deathrow studio/booth..

Man... This is the most clearest post I've ever seen from you.

Electric Shock Treatment is a mufucka ain't it?
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stew wrote: »
    Daz goin in on Jimmy's story about bailing out Pac

https://youtu.be/NdQ_ZPjjsWs

Cliff notes? Not about to watch this ? smoke and recite lyrics for half an hour.

He starts like a minute in.
  • Dogowner14
    Dogowner14 Members Posts: 189 ✭✭

I knew it was a lie. Suge a real ?
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cliff notes? Not about to watch this ? smoke and recite lyrics for half an hour.

Name of the vid is misleading. Daz just has a different pov. He basically said they (Death Row/Suge) pressured them (Interscope) to put up the money for Pac.

So basically Interscope put up the money either way weather willingly or pressured.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

Name of the vid is misleading. Daz just has a different pov. He basically said they (Death Row/Suge) pressured them (Interscope) to put up the money for Pac.

So basically Interscope put up the money either way weather willingly or pressured.

That part makes zero sense to me btw. Why would Suge pressure them to bail out Pac when that wasn't even his artist at the time?
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    Really good documentary with interesting stories. I got a little bored at the beginning with Jimmy stuff, but after awhile I started to appreciate it because it showed how they became good business partners.

I respect Dre's hustle. The dude always found ways to reinvent himself and was successful at it: Starting off with the World Class Wreckin Cru, Ruthless, Death Row and now Aftermath, which has the biggest selling album of 2017 so far (Kendrick's "Damn." It's a Top Dawg project, but Dre is doing the businessman thing by having his name and label attached.

A lot of good information in the documentary. But the only thing I wasn't buying was Interscope getting Pac out of jail. Death Row was balling at the time, so I know Suge could afford to do it.
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me and my wife almost died laughin when Jimmy told the story about him, Suge and David Kenner at the restaraunt when Suge told Dionne warwick, "Hey u the psychic u supposed to know i wasnt coming". Lol
  • MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I think Jimmy Iovine was reaching wearing bullet proof vests....nobody was checking for him
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    MD_PROPER wrote: »
    I think Jimmy Iovine was reaching wearing bullet proof vests....nobody was checking for him

And you know this how....
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017

Bullets ain't got no names on em.

Plus theses ? shooting wasn't gonna be no expert sharp-shooters.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • MD_PROPER

Bullets ain't got no names on em.

Plus theses ? shooting wasn't gonna be no expert sharp-shooters.

True.
    But I doubt Jimmy Iovine was really on the scene like that with Suge and his goons.
    Jimmy heard "some" stories and saw the news but he was overreacting because he had never been associated with a lifestyle like Suge's....that street ? was never reaching Jimmy Iovine..flat out
  • MD_PROPER
    edited July 2017

The keywords there was "I think"...
    The white people I get money with are not invited to events or areas that would jeopordize our financial relationship...with that said, i'm using my brilliant business mind to suggest Suge probably operated the same way.

It's not like it's impossible to believe Jimmy Iovine would exaggerate a situation....? we just saw Daz say Jimmy was straight lying about bailing Pac out.
  • Stew

The keywords there was "I think"...
    The white people I get money with are not invited to events or areas that would jeopordize our financial relationship...with that said, i'm using my brilliant business mind to suggest Suge probably operated the same way.

It's not like it's impossible to believe Jimmy Iovine would exaggerate a situation....? we just saw Daz say Jimmy was straight lying about bailing Pac out.

Oh ok thought you were on the inside or something. Just a guessing game. That's easy.
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way they introduced Pac's segment in pt3, I was like "oohhh ? ..", lol.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hendricks Gin better be cuttin Dre a check for all the shots of him sippin gin & juice in this doc
  • Stew
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Hendricks Gin better be cuttin Dre a check for all the shots of him sippin gin & juice in this doc

I was wondering what that was and assumed it was some kinda Gin cause I pretty much know every single kinda vodka bottle :#
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    lol at Snoop saying ? recording we going to loot.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • lordstanley
    lordstanley Members Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gee757 wrote: »
    Lol@ kurupt tryna tame that dawg
    Cain wrote: »
    Also it shed some light on Snoop and Pac fall out. Of you noticed when Snoop was talking he said he was riding with Pac until he started bad mouthing Dre. Then he realized he couldn't be apart of the dissing of Dre.

So in retrospect does still make Snoop as some here like to call him not loyal because he didn't ride with Pac but rode with Dre? Not to me but this may be a topic for another thread

Snoop really wasn't pacs homeboy for real he was more of a snake the whole time... especially after it was revealed snoop was dissing biggie in the deathrow studio/booth..

Man... This is the most clearest post I've ever seen from you.

He got a ghostposter