Chester Bennington, lead singer of Linkin Park, committed suicide

Comments

• Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kat wrote: »
    So shocking..they just dropped a new single not too long ago.

RIP.

I knows there's at least one person in that group thinking "this muhfucka just ? up everybody's money"
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats crazy. RIP..
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Wow. Is that the one that used to yell like he was trying to destroy his voicebox ? Used to ? jokes about that ? .

? up - they made decent music. Still listen to some of their old ? sometimes in the gym.

Wonder if dude tried to get help for all those problems ? Either way, apparently the ? didn't work.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.I.P.

They had some jams back in the day.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First time I heard Linkin Park was in 2001. This white girl in my art class had never listened to rap. I had never listened to heavy metal. I swapped her my 36 chambers for her Hybrid Theory. I really liked the album. I'll never forget.

You needs go get your Wu cd back from that white girl

And Linkin Park isn't heavy metal

@Trillaaaaaa what is it considered to be?

She actually liked it. I was so happy. She wasn't goth but she was kind of an outcast. Would wear the chains on her pants.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats pretty unexpected. I used to love Linkin park when i was in elementary school. Their first 2 albums were dope af. Bought the Jay Z Mash up album too.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Kat wrote: »
    So shocking..they just dropped a new single not too long ago.

RIP.

I knows there's at least one person in that group thinking "this muhfucka just ? up everybody's money"

Nah their sales will skyrocket and so will their views. Sad but true.

Bunch of RIP's on the "in the end" video right now.

Then there's that other ? in the group thinking "we might could make this work for us"
  • Trillaaaaaa
    First time I heard Linkin Park was in 2001. This white girl in my art class had never listened to rap. I had never listened to heavy metal. I swapped her my 36 chambers for her Hybrid Theory. I really liked the album. I'll never forget.

She actually liked it. I was so happy. She wasn't goth but she was kind of an outcast. Would wear the chains on her pants.

Linkin Park is like pop metal or
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are alternative overall but back then considered nu metal/rap metal
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just remember they made music that white people were lovin for a couple of years, and then tried to flip and say they hated years later.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    This ? sucks. I remember Hybrid Theory and Meteora very well. They were like the introduction to rock for me before I really delved into the genre.

I remember really bring sold on them when I saw the making of the mash up album with Jay. Chester/Chaz was singing and it looked like he was screaming. But the ? was so melodic to me. He was one of the most unique voices I've ever heard. I even ? with his spin-off project.

G.dammit, man. Muthafuckas is goin out left and right. Smh. Really sucks for that man's family too. 6 kids just lost their dad.

R.i.p.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher

Mike Shinoda (the rapper from LP) is an underrated producer as well. He did that Fort Minor album and the Reanimation LP Remix albums and they had some awesome beats on them.

Shinoda was their producer in general until Rick Rubin came on board at Minutes to Midnight (from that point he became the group's co-producer).
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rip to dude.. I saw them live when I lived in Austria... It was a good show. Dude lyrics always been dark, tho. smh..
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take it back to the early 2000s
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher

Mike Shinoda (the rapper from LP) is an underrated producer as well. He did that Fort Minor album and the Reanimation LP Remix albums and they had some awesome beats on them.

Shinoda was their producer in general until Rick Rubin came on board at Minutes to Midnight (from that point he became the group's co-producer).

Funny, thats the album where i stopped listening to them. They just werent the same to me. Maybe i just got older and outgrown them. I loved hybrid theory and meteora, but theres only a handful of songs i can listen to today from those albums.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad ? . Depression is real. Mental health aint no joke.
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

damn and they just released new music this morning.