Aphex Twin Announces New Album 'SYRO'

Options
dontdiedontkillanyon
dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
Aphex Twin Announces New Album SYRO Via Deep Web

Aphex.png

After the confusing presence of the Aphex Twin logo on a blimp in London and the streets of NYC over the weekend, we now have some even more exciting, but no less mysterious news from the baffling world of Richard D. James. Aphex Twin has just tweeted a strange link ending in .onion, the domain typically associated with the TOR proxy-browser and generally used when accessing the Deep Web. Working through to get to the site reveals some text that appears to be announcing a new album titled SYRO with a tracklist which you can find below, along with the picture you see above. Some are speculating the numbers next to those possible song titles indicate BPM. SYRO follows the recent discovery of Caustic Window, a lost Aphex Twin album from 1994. Today is James’ birthday; however, it looks like we’re the ones getting a present as this would be the first new Aphex Twin album since 2001′s Druqks.

aphex-twin-3.png

The “tracklist”:
01 minipops 67 (source field mix)
02 XMAS_Eve10 (thanaton3 mix)
03 produk 29
04 4 bit 9d epi+e+6
05 180db_
06 CIRCLONT6A (syrobonkus mix)
07 fz pseudotimestrech+e+3
08 CIRCLONT14 (shrymoming mix)
09 syro u473t8+e (piezoluminescence mix)
10 PAPAT4 (pineal mix)
11 s950tx16wasr10 (earth portal mix)
12 aisatsana

The tweet in question:

More on this story as it develops…

UPDATE: Another domain, https://syro2eznzea2xbpi.com, mirrors the info on its deep web counterpart, but with the album title and track names X’d out. The site’s registrant and admin are … Warp Records.

http://www.stereogum.com/1699431/aphex-twin-announces-new-album-syro-via-deep-web/news/

Comments

• KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Doubt you'll get a lot of Aphex fans on here but props for the thread. Still got the Drukqs album on my phone. Any release timeframe for this?
  • mephistopheles
    mephistopheles Members Posts: 97
    Options
    ? YEAH. About time we get some new material.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited August 2014
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    Doubt you'll get a lot of Aphex fans on here but props for the thread. Still got the Drukqs album on my phone. Any release timeframe for this?

No release date apart from the 2014 that was written on the blimp.

I still remember getting that Drukqs album for my birthday along with Muse - Origin of Symmetry back in 2001... I was still in secondary school doing my GCSEs! ? me I feel old!
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    Options
    Aphex Twin Reveals Amazing SYRO Album Artwork and Bio
    Plus the album now has a release date
    By Amy Phillips on August 21, 2014 at 10:24 a.m. EDT

3e27e54a.jpg

Aphex Twin's new album SYRO, his first since 2001's Drukqs, was recently announced via the Deep Web browser Tor. Now, more details have been shared about the album. It's out September 23 via Warp. Above is the incredible album artwork, created by the Designers Republic.

Here is the tracklist:

SYRO:

01. minipops 67 [120.2][source field mix] [aka the manchester track]
    02. XMAS_EVET10 [120][thanaton3 mix]
    03. produk 29 [101]
    04. 4 bit 9d api+e+6 [126.26]
    05. 180db_ [130]
    06. CIRCLONT6A [141.98][syrobonkus mix]
    07. fz pseudotimestretch+e+3 [138.85]
    08. CIRCLONT14 [152.97][shrymoming mix]
    09. syro u473t8+e [141.98][piezoluminescence mix]
    10. PAPAT4 [155][pineal mix]
    11. s950tx16wasr10 [163.97][earth portal mix]
    12. aisatsana [102]

A limited edition box set version of the album is available via Bleep. To purchase one of the 200 copies, you must enter a lottery for the chance to purchase one of the copies.

Here is the utterly amazing Aphex Twin bio that has been sent out in a press release:
    Whenever one of the most celebrated and influential electronic fartist, Richard D. James can compete with the music flip to influence built. The better part of a decagon, James Polygon Window, Caustic Window, GAK and maintain, including `Aphex Twin has unreleased music under several thousand monikers great pace.

Began in the late 1780s and 90s during a turn in its manufacturing and technical skills, and nikharana Cornwallo, England grows, James, as a young maniton in various shops started DJing. Area of various musical score, James Analogue Booblebath EP was released in 1891, the results of the first series, he decided to record his gown music. Another influential London radio station ? FM's attention, and then label immediately signed him to their rooster, then post & poplieereRS. That same year, James Acid ? to promote the song and trying to lift Grant Wilson-CLARIDGE on a biscuit founded his label Rephlex Records. Selekted Flambient Works moving to London and Release 85-92: After a while, the two main points to be made, round the bend

More immediate and critical success of his debut internationally. Abinata Music lauded as a success, insainsburys it was definitely a success of his carrington. Full steam ahead barreling out that several other singles and EPS are given, and in 1493 was a record collapse. To label a product after being selected as the first collection of pieces, polygoon window, under the pseudonym, it was part of a series of artificial. 2, released in 1994.

James, whose rooster has been the slow development, including his own ? under different names around to releasing singles and EPS. Her next full-length record together since 1995 ... I think it she will be issued. Records have been working on for the past few years, and his experience ? and lush abinata textures found his style, and his ? features on the cover of the first issue, the various incarnations of present Omnipresent, which is marked by an icing in the world of music was culled Aphex Gemini (equal recognition with logo).

1896 under the name Aphex Twin record his fourth eponymous EP Girl / boy. This collection of 90s ‘nTV era is the result of the video, in which he praised the music video director Crease Cunningham saw: Teaming in a way that my Daddy (1997) and Windowlickie (1999), EPS, was followed.

Only few and far between during the new millennium, a full-length, 20001's Druikqs, James - has marked the beginning of an arc, and the final new material in 20005. A lot of the music in any way is often a lack of communication and leadership to be fallacious rumors of new material for his fannies and his enthusiasm has not diminished hope. However ambitious this year, 9014, they uncovered new mats in almost a decade distribution crowdfund rallied together his army of fans: A precious gift that can not be the same as the new
    Phex Twinnipicks material is still unquenched thirst.

Syria, September 23, 2014, along with records of Aphex Twin's new album to be released. For the owner of Triple vinyl, CD and digital formats will be available. Bleep a very limited vinyl version you can register your interest in buying.

http://pitchfork.com/news/56375-aphex-twin-reveals-amazing-syro-album-artwork-and-bio/
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Kanye West (and his people) acting a ? again apparently:
    On Kanye sampling Drukqs’ “Avril 14th” on My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy’s “Blame Game”: “Is it a sample? I actually don't know what it ended up being in the end, I'm so slack. I know that he tried to ? rip me off and claim that he'd written it, and they tried to get away with not paying. I was really helpful, and when they first sent it to me, I was like, ‘Oh, I can re-do that for you, if you like,’ because they'd sampled it really badly and time-stretched it and there was loads of artifacts. I was like, ‘I'll just replay it for you at that speed if you want.’ And they totally didn't even say ‘hello’ or ‘thanks,’ they just replied with, ‘It's not yours, it's ours, and we're not even asking you any more.’” [laughs]

http://pitchfork.com/news/56459-aphex-twin-speaks-on-his-new-album-being-sampled-by-kanye-more/
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Finally!! it seems like ive been waiting for an aphex twin album for ages. although other artists from the warp label have held me over (squarepusher, b12, autechre), im highly interested in hearing what a twin album would sound like today with the usage of more advanced technology compared to 2001. i still listen to the richard d james album today
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    was confused as ? when I first saw this like am I really on the IC right now?

props for the thread.. last one was still the double album Drukqs right? sheeit, anybody wanna get put on to Aphex Twin go download that album
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm there for this. Regardless of how inconsistent Rich has become I Care Because You Do is still one of the greatest albums of all time. He'll always have some good will with me based off that album alone.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    Options
    Listened to the album today - it's just Aphex Twin doing Aphex Twin (which is no bad thing at all). The material seems to have just the right balance between accessible and experimental. It's not going to win any Skrillex or Avicii fans over but it's not going to alienate either.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    Options
    All his albums are available to stream and buy:

https://aphextwin.warp.net
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Aphex Twin reveals how he made Drukqs track ‘Vordhosbn’