The best thing The 'E needs right now....an OFF-SEASON.

Options
Mister B.
Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2017 in Off The Turn Buckle
I'm serious. A 30-day layoff from the end of WrestleMania gives the roster a chance to recharge their batteries, cuts down on injuries, and allows the writing team to hit the reset button on go-nowhere stories.

I mean, they obviously couldn't do it for a few years with all the advance bookings, but in three or four years, I really think implementing an offseason might be the best thing to happen to The 'E in decades.

Thoughts? Real ones.

Comments

• Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't watch much anymore but this does sound like a smart idea.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Off-seasons have been discussed before and its a nonstarter.

One of the reasons they can make so much money from USA/NBC is because of the consistent content they provide weekly.

Live first run programming is worth a pretty penny, especially if it has a consistent audience. WWE has that. It wouldn't be prudent to stop running programs for 4 weeks.

That eats into all forms of revenue. No house shows, no PPVs, definitely will affect merchandise sales, ad revenue from networks...just a bad business move.

For the performers and creative team it could be good. It would give performers a break and give writers a chance to script shows in advance but I doubt it works out.
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They can do something like have one crew have a post-Mania sabbatical and the other can have a post Summerslam sabbatical.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They need to do something. If, for nothing else, then the health of their talent:

Superstars perform 3-4 times a week, which can be 150-200 shows a year.

In contrast (not counting preseason or training camp):
    MLB - 162 games + up to 20 playoff games (Wild Card + 5 divisional games + 7 LCS + 7 WS)
    NHL/NBA - 82 games + up to 28 playoff games (7 for each round)
    NFL - 16 games + up to 4 playoff games (WC, D, FC, SB)

And unlike Baseball, these ? move around all night sometimes.

The 'E needs to figure this out.

• Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    beating a dead horse. its obvious they need it but Vince is a greed ridden old ? that needs to kick the bucket already so it wont happen.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It should be they have off on December and come back a couple of days after new years
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    It should be they have off on December and come back a couple of days after new years

OR betta yet right afta survivor series
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    They will lose money. There is a reason why there is no offseason and house shows.