Video: Trump to Law Enforcement Gestapos ‘Please Don’t Be Too Nice’

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZmk_1-XYKg

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-to-law-enforcement-please-dont-be-too-nice/
During an address in Brentwood, NY Friday to a crowd which included many uniformed police officers, the President called for law enforcement to cease protecting the heads of suspects they’ve arrested as they put them in squad cars.

“When you see these thugs thrown into the back of a paddy wagon, you just see ’em thrown in. Rough,” Trump said. “I said ‘Please. Don’t. Be. Too. Nice.’ Like when you guys put somebody in the car, and you’re protecting their head, you know? The way you put their hand over, like, don’t hit their head, and they’ve just killed somebody. Don’t hit their head. I said ‘You can take the hand away,’ Okay?”

The remark was met with laughter and cheers by the officers who, throughout Trump’s address, appeared to be very much on board with what the President was saying.

Trump has, on numerous occasions, encouraged violence at his political rallies. At a February 2016 rally in Iowa, he told his supporters to “knock the ? ” out of protestors.

Comments

• blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I some times wonder if trumps playing or serious
  • stringer bell
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-speech-ms13-long-island
    That sentiment characterized much of the red meat speech, in which Trump contrasted himself frequently to his predecessor.

“We have your backs 100 percent,” Trump said near the beginning of his remarks. “Not like the old days.”

Trump mentioned an executive order from former President Barack Obama — signed after police clashed with protesters in Ferguson, Missouri — meant to control the flow of military weaponry to local police forces.

“When you want to take over used military equipment, they were saying you couldn’t do it,” Trump said. “You know what I said? That was my first day: You can do it. In fact, that stuff is disappearing so fast, we have none left. You guys know — you really knew how to get that.”

And the President praised acting Immigration and Customs Enforcement Director Tom Homan for being “a tough guy” — “I said, that’s what I’m looking for. That’s exactly what I was looking for” — and applied the same praise to ICE agents: “Rough guys. They’re rough,” he said.

Trump’s description of the gang members on ICE’s radar was practically apocalyptic.

“One by one, we are liberating our American towns,” he said, referring to the deportation of gang members. “Can you believe that I’m saying that? I’m talking about liberating our towns. Like you’d see in a movie. They’re liberating the town. Like in the old wild west, right? We’re liberating our towns. I never thought I’d be standing up here talking about liberating the towns on Long Island where I grew up. But that’s what you’re doing.”

Worse than the gang activity in Long Island, he said, was Chicago. He employed his audience to make the point.

“Do you see what’s happening there? Do we agree? Is there something —” he began, waiting for applause in agreement

He told the story of a “really respected officer, police officer” in Chicago who volunteered as a motorcycle ? for his campaign.

“It’s a problem that can be straightened out,” Trump recalled the officer telling him, presumably a reference to violent crime in the city. “If you gave me the authority, a couple days […] We know all the bad ones.”
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's gonna get people killed cops and civilians alike
  • stringer bell
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/hot-take-trumps-police-joke-dont-be-too-nice-was-pretty-funny/article/2630050
    Hot-take: Trump's police joke, 'don't be too nice' was pretty funny

I laughed and lamented.

Laughed, because Trump's joke was funny. It was well-timed and the police officers enjoyed it.

Lamented, because the commentariat reaction was sadly predictable.

First off, Trump was clearly joking. Even if he wasn't, however, the police are sworn to uphold the law. As I've explained before, they are not sworn to uphold Trump's law. Consequently, the officers regarded Trump's words as a joke, even if he didn't mean them to be a joke. Which I think he did.

Still, there's a broader tragedy in the boring reaction to Trump's joke.

After all, it comes from a place of insufferable ignorance. As with Joan Walsh's attack on the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, Thursday, the outrage crowd come across as clueless. For one, their reaction suggests that they simply do not understand what officers go through every day. They do not understand, for example, what it is like for officers to deal with scumbags day in and day out for years. As any cop will tell you, it takes a toll on the psyche.

That toll is why police officers have a dark sense of humor. It's either that, or they become depressed at humanity's capacity for gross inhumanity. Trump gets this, and played to the dark side of humor. The cops laughed.

Nevertheless, it's clear what's really going on here. Put simply, many in the commentariat view the police as little more than thugs. They see police brutality as a norm rather than an exception, and police officers as agents of injustice rather than servants of safety. Most crucial of all, they ignore the fact that the police are often the only thing between criminal gangs and young minority men.

For reasons of populist conformity, the commentariat pretend that blue hats are the biggest threat to young black men. But while that lie might be easy, the cost is ? and high.

As proved by urban centers across the nation, the biggest threat to young black men or young Hispanic men is not cops -- It is other young black men and other young Hispanic men.

Does more need to be done in order to ensure police professionalism? Absolutely. Do we need criminal justice reform? Yes. Do too many police officers pull over minorities without adequate cause? Just ask Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C.

But today Trump made a good joke. And the cops were right to laugh.

Conservative whitey says Trump's comments were all a joke and more importantly "What about Black on black crime"…
  • stringer bell
  • stringer bell
    http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article164292502.html
    In his speech, Trump said laws are “stacked” against law enforcement, which make their jobs more difficult.

“For years and years, [laws have] been made to protect the criminal,” Trump said. “Totally protect the criminal, not the officers. You do something wrong, you’re in more jeopardy than they are. These laws are stacked against you. We’re changing those laws.”

There have been numerous, highly publicized cases of police officers shooting or brutalizing unarmed African-American citizens, which has eroded public trust in law enforcement among black communities, according to a Pew Research Center poll.

Officers rarely face jail time after these incidents.

In 2015, Freddie Grey’s spine was severed and he died in a Baltimore police van after being arrested. The officers involved were acquitted of all charges.

In June, Minnesota police officer Jeronimo Yanez was acquitted of second-degree manslaughter after shooting Philando Castile during a routine traffic stop. Castile had an open carry permit for a gun and informed the officer he was carrying it.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    trump gone trump
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5th Letter wrote: »
    One of the biggest aspects of white supremacy is deception/lie, "criminals have more rights than police officers" is a lie. Secondly telling officers it's ok to rough up criminals is wild negligent and dangerous especially with him holding the position that he does. Lastly these people talking about "it's a joke" well based on history things like the KKK began as a "joke" to scare black people, these "jokes" then turn into policies and laws. So if anyone is defending those comments then you might be a possible white supremacist or ? .

They have the most horrid sense of humor ive ever known
  • OnnaThursday
    OnnaThursday Members Posts: 238 ✭✭
    At this point can you really be shocked by ? he says. kwbyj66tqjct.gif
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I told you ? it was slippery slope. But hey, let's worry about the messicans.
  • stringer bell
    http://www.newsday.com/opinion/columnists/mark-chiusano/donald-trump-s-speech-was-made-more-disturbing-as-suffolk-county-cops-cheered-the-idea-of-police-brutality-1.13864824
    Donald Trump’s speech was made more disturbing as Suffolk County cops cheered the idea of police brutality

President Donald Trump loves his crowds big and beautiful, boisterous and larger-than-usual. He likes the nice surprise they present around every corner. But it was a very specific crowd that awaited him at Suffolk County Community College on Friday: one made up almost entirely of uniformed police.

They lined the stage behind him, their white-gloved dress-uniform hands folded. They sat in the small auditorium in front of the podium. They were guests from out of state, federal officers from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and local cops from Suffolk County, some of them actively engaged in the fight against the violent MS-13 street gang that has killed 17 Long Islanders within a few miles of where the president was about to speak.

As expected Trump praised their work on that front, which has helped to prevent that vicious gang’s crimes and bring criminals to justice. But then he went further: encouraging officers “not to be too nice.” To be “rough” when throwing someone “into the back of a paddy wagon.” When they were pushing a suspected killer’s head into the squad car with a hand over the perp’s head, don’t worry about hitting the head. “You can take the hand away,” Trump said.

Leave aside the crude cops-and-robbers understanding of police work and the vehicles they now use that this suggests. Forget that Trump was suggesting behavior that, if caught on body-camera or bystander video, might get an officer fired. Let’s pretend that Suffolk County’s last police chief wasnt convicted in federal court for beating up a guy who took a gym bag from his car.

It was rhetoric as usual for Trump, who has been suggesting rough behavior verging on illegal violence during the campaign, when he promised to pay legal bills for supporters who roughed up protesters. But the moment and its reception was still disturbing. The room filled mostly with sworn officers of the law applauded loudly.

It’s no surprise that many police officers vocally supported Trump, who dusted off the phrase “law and order” from the campaign. Trump’s Blue Lives Matter became the rallying cry antithesis to Black Lives Matter.

Officers leaving the speech said they knew the president had their back again, not like that last one. “That was great,” they said, “That was awesome.” Trump “inspired confidence.”

Chief Thomas Boyd of Seaside Heights in New Jersey said Trump understood the daily bravery and challenges of the police officer: running into a robbery or a burning house. The stuff about knocking perps around? Just a “euphemism,” or “semi-joke.” Boyd said his officers know not to do anything like that during an arrest: His officers do the bare minimum to get someone under control and nothing more.

The Suffolk County Police Department tweeted: “As a department, we do not and will not tolerate roughing up of prisoners.”

All the officers there know the law on that count. So why the apparent excitement when Trump encouraged them to test the law’s edges?

Perhaps because some cops are fed up with the political correctness, the public attention, the cell-phone cameras on their every move. It’s true that such attention might be stressful, but it comes for a reason. Baltimore’s police department is operating under a federal consent decree not for the fun of it. Twenty-five-year-old Freddie Gray of that city is dead because someone took the hand-off-the-head action to an extreme and bounced Gray around to his death in the back of a police van.

Trump’s speech was unremarkable, his usual brand of dark foreboding and almost comical digressions. He couldn’t even stay on the topic of law enforcement’s good and necessary work against MS-13 earlier this month — 15 gang member arrests — insultingly diverting into the wealth of his friends, his building ability, and the size of his crowds. But the encouragement for police officers to do what they know is wrong — to disregard the laws they uphold — was a dark moment all its own. And for that crowd, a particularly concerning note.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017

With all do respect,when it comes to speaking on Trump, Tariq needs to "Flexx" his ass in seat

He said more than enough

He and many others(including the cadre of smart dumb ? here) grossly miscalculated and thought this ? was a joke to let this inexperienced openly racist ignorant pierce of ? , to hold the most powerful position in the world

https://youtu.be/H1vpV6_F6GY