So what team should Carmelo Anthony be traded to...?

Options
13»

Comments

• joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I think If Carmelo opened up his options a little bit more, The Washington Wizards would actually be the best look for him... ain't he from the DMV area?!
    The Wizards are the second best team in the East silently, add Melo to Wall & Beal u got a real competition for Cleveland in the east

Melo needs to open his options aside of CLE & LAC,I still think Carmelo would be a perfect fit and upgrade for Washington at the 4 for Markieff Morris...

I would also encourage the Spurs to trade Aldridge for Carmelo Anthony... Popovich is who Carmelo needs and I could see Kawhi & Melo being dumb effective and gives San Antonio what they needed in Lamarcus this postseason, a high level 2nd option that's not afraid to take over with Kawhi out.. the ball movement on SA would help Melo too because it would find him open in his key spots to work... I think Popovich could make Melo a winner
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I think If Carmelo opened up his options a little bit more, The Washington Wizards would actually be the best look for him... ain't he from the DMV area?!
    The Wizards are the second best team in the East silently, add Melo to Wall & Beal u got a real competition for Cleveland in the east

Melo needs to open his options aside of CLE & LAC,I still think Carmelo would be a perfect fit and upgrade for Washington at the 4 for Markieff Morris...

I would also encourage the Spurs to trade Aldridge for Carmelo Anthony... Popovich is who Carmelo needs and I could see Kawhi & Melo being dumb effective and gives San Antonio what they needed in Lamarcus this postseason, a high level 2nd option that's not afraid to take over with Kawhi out.. the ball movement on SA would help Melo too because it would find him open in his key spots to work... I think Popovich could make Melo a winner

You worried about Melo winning or the Knicks getting a good return?

I want Melo to do good, im a fan, but ? Melo doing good when if it means the Knicks do bad.

I ask that to ask, whats the point of trading Melo for Aldridge if you the Knicks?

Why trade an aging star who doesnt fit in the new direction the NBA is going in, doesnt defend, and is inefficient, for a aging star who doesnt fit the direction the NBA is going in, doesnt defend, and is inefficient?

? that man. I rather trade Melo for nothing than take Alridge back. That trade does nothing for the Knicks.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? .....that
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »

You worried about Melo winning or the Knicks getting a good return?

I want Melo to do good, im a fan, but ? Melo doing good when if it means the Knicks do bad.

I ask that to ask, whats the point of trading Melo for Aldridge if you the Knicks?

Why trade an aging star who doesnt fit in the new direction the NBA is going in, doesnt defend, and is inefficient, for a aging star who doesnt fit the direction the NBA is going in, doesnt defend, and is inefficient?

? that man. I rather trade Melo for nothing than take Alridge back. That trade does nothing for the Knicks.

PJax was willing to take 2 street dogs and a ketchup packet for Melo at the deadline... I think Lamarcus would be more than enough for Phil, not ideal but Phil traded Chandler for Calderon and Shump & JR for nothing at all so it's not out the realm of possibility
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Melo's influence on Porzingis showed when zing walked out on that exit meeting. Now phil is listening to trades offers and I'm not mad. A lot of Knicks fans are acting dramatic but i think i see the bigger picture.
  • BedStuy
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Melo clearly sees the direction phil wants to go and that lazy leech still wanna stay. He does not care about no playoffs or championship. I wont be surprised if phil buy his ass out or use a stretch provision.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd take him and o quinn for carroll and jv. Lol. Gimme that white boy rob baker too.
  • BedStuy
    edited June 2017
    Options
    The Knicks’ Carmelo-Porzingis problem no one dares speak of
    Anthony’s game has prevented Porzingis from developing into more than a 7-foot-3 shooting guard. After all, if Porzingis’ inside game has improved — as it, by now, certainly should have — how would we know? He has spent his first two NBA seasons loitering on the outside, because that is where the ball is and from where it is shot as per Anthony’s presence.

When is the last time, for example, the Knicks ran a baseline screen to free Porzingis inside? How often did we see Porzingis hit with an inside pass off any kind of pick? How often did he post-up inside against defenders, most far shorter than he?

Porzingis couldn’t be found inside because he was outside, playing catch with Anthony in pursuit of the same 3-point shot with 3 seconds left on the shot clock that could have been had with 18 seconds left on the shot clock.

Last season, Anthony averaged six 3-point shots per game; Porzingis averaged five. How did that work out for the Knicks?

At 7-3, 21-years-old and agile, why has Porzingis, two years in, presented no worries, let alone an occasional threat, to opponents as an inside scorer? Why hasn’t Porzingis helped — or been able to help — the Knicks become a better team?.................

Why, at 7-3 and 7.2 rebounds per game, was Porzingis last season just the 35th-best rebounder in the NBA? Why, at 7.3 per, was he 41st the season before?

Why hasn’t his game developed beyond the obvious, bringing aid and comfort to opponents?

How many times must we have to hear MSG’s Clyde Frazier suggest Anthony, ejected three times last season, stop complaining to the refs and instead run back to play defense? How many times has the final, decisive shot been predictably taken by Anthony far from the basket against up-close-and-personal double teams?

By now, Porzingis should have at least developed into a pretty good small forward.

Rosen | The pros and cons of a Kristaps Porzingis trade
    WHY HE SHOULD BE TRADED

Just as Phil Jackson feared right after Porzingis was drafted, players that tall and that lanky are extremely susceptible to injuries. Indeed, he has missed 26 games in his first two seasons, the most potentially serious being an Achilles tendon strain last season.

He routinely gets bullied at every turning.

Despite his size, KP is relatively ineffective when playing the low post.

He’s apt to get faked off his feet by smaller players in the paint.

But his general attitude is the most troubling.

KP and his brother have often complained about how poorly the Knicks treat their players. This undoubtedly has to do with the negative relationship that exists between Jackson and Carmelo Anthony. For sure, Melo’s in-house dissatisfactions have unduly influenced Porzingis.

Which is unquestionably why KP blew off the exit interview with Jackson and left for home without saying goodbye.

In other words, in his youthful naivety, the young man is ignorant of the NBA’s political realities. Trades, forced trades, alienation between management and players, disgruntled players who, for whatever reasons, resist their coach’s game plans — this is all business as usual in the wonderful world of the NBA.

Porzingis and his brother Janis, who helps represent him, have also said that they want to play with a winner — which, they say, would hopefully turn out to be the case in New York.

KP is locked into the Knicks for what amounts to two more seasons, i.e., a guaranteed contract for next season, plus a team option for 2018-19. For the 2019-20 season, the Knicks can match any offers he might receive from another team.

So, given the likelihood that the Knicks will not be the kind of winners that the brothers Porzingis require during the next two seasons, the chances are that New York would lose him in 2019-20.

Why not trade him now while he’s healthy and has optimum appeal?

If so, what might the Knicks get in return?

It would probably amount to two or three starters, which would probably include an all-star-caliber player, plus at least a No. 1 draft pick.

The resolution entirely depends on Jackson’s vision of the Knicks’ future. Unless it will be renewed, his own contract will expire after the 2018-19 season. Is he dedicated to drastically improving the Knicks’ fortunes within the next two seasons? If so, he might be moved to keep Porzingis.

Or, is Jackson’s view more long term? In that case, he might be thinking of making a deal.

Even so, the biggest consideration might come down to the quality of the players, as well as the length and cost of their contracts, that trading Porzingis could conceivably bring.

In my nearly 40-year friendship with Jackson, the only thing I know for sure is that it’s impossible to know for sure what he might do in any given situation.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    Just do the Melo for Kyrie deal and get it over with for both parties