New AllHipHop.com

Options

Comments

• genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall better not let that Standardized Slaughter thread be forgotten.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Here's an idea. Take what made the IC great from both eras, add some new ? and put them into 1.

OG era- Special avi's available for those that deserve it(ie...posters with a certain amount of post, been signed up the longest, win an award for the year<---all gives incentive to be active) like gif avi's, bigger joints, if it could be done in 2003 it def can be done today.

- You can see who's in threads per vbulletin, at the bottom of the screen you could see the posters lurkin the thread. Sounds minor but it made for good Internet posting

2010+ era- Reactions, some ppl think it made it worse, more ppl thought diff. The way they are now is perfect.

- being able to post pics/gifs straight from your phone/comp without have to worry about being hacked. Flawless victory

New ? - add being able to post a FB link, Tumbler, periscope, whatever the hell is out there the same way you can post a twitter link. Link=post

- give someone the ability to take a thread that's extremely popular and add it to the front page/twitter. We know that's what u want to get more traffic. It doesn't have to be the whole damn site. We like being behind the scene, this is the IC, how we earned our "reputation". You can do both

- Video. This might be far fetched but Should be a way where we could take a vid from our phones and be able to post it immediately ie...snapchat/IG. If I'm not mistaken that's the "waaaave"

- An app has to be made

- Giving out a prize or 2 won't hurt anybody's pockets, your sponsors pay this $150 easy, trust me I know how this works. Tickets to a concert for best thread of the month? Poster of the year? I know this for a fact to generate more traffic.

With that said, all this has to be in a "forum", I don't think anything else will work, that's why the majority of us are here. If you could make that ? into an App..... abfe0izclkou.gif

What yall think?

Quoted and Goated
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody checked our The Black Board?

@AP21
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Here's an idea. Take what made the IC great from both eras, add some new ? and put them into 1.

OG era- Special avi's available for those that deserve it(ie...posters with a certain amount of post, been signed up the longest, win an award for the year<---all gives incentive to be active) like gif avi's, bigger joints, if it could be done in 2003 it def can be done today.

- You can see who's in threads per vbulletin, at the bottom of the screen you could see the posters lurkin the thread. Sounds minor but it made for good Internet posting

2010+ era- Reactions, some ppl think it made it worse, more ppl thought diff. The way they are now is perfect.

- being able to post pics/gifs straight from your phone/comp without have to worry about being hacked. Flawless victory

New ? - add being able to post a FB link, Tumbler, periscope, whatever the hell is out there the same way you can post a twitter link. Link=post

- give someone the ability to take a thread that's extremely popular and add it to the front page/twitter. We know that's what u want to get more traffic. It doesn't have to be the whole damn site. We like being behind the scene, this is the IC, how we earned our "reputation". You can do both

- Video. This might be far fetched but Should be a way where we could take a vid from our phones and be able to post it immediately ie...snapchat/IG. If I'm not mistaken that's the "waaaave"

- An app has to be made

- Giving out a prize or 2 won't hurt anybody's pockets, your sponsors pay this $150 easy, trust me I know how this works. Tickets to a concert for best thread of the month? Poster of the year? I know this for a fact to generate more traffic.

With that said, all this has to be in a "forum", I don't think anything else will work, that's why the majority of us are here. If you could make that ? into an App..... abfe0izclkou.gif

What yall think?

Good ? bruh tell em to take notes!
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Randomly saw this on twitter

drvbt3c1z2d2.png

:joy:

I just noticed my hand in this pic..wtf?
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    https://www.themaven.net/allhiphop/ic-thereason/allhiphopcom-same-content-same-owners-new-tech-platform-vtHZi4Fb10qEIhfTAKBeAg?full=1
    If you have been rocking with AllHipHop.com for any period of time, you'll notice we've launched an entirely new tech platform. This is no ordinary relaunch, as we have entered into an exclusive deal with Maven.

We have partnered with Maven, a company based out of Seattle, to manage our entire digital media platform.

Maven is a publicly traded company (MVEN) founded by former senior executives and engineers from Yahoo!, MSFT, Google and other major media and technology companies.

As part of our partnership, they're providing us with an end-to-end distribution, video, technology and advertising platform (think Wordpress on steroids), while we can focus all of our resources on producing more content, and showcasing our 20-year-old community, which has almost 1,000,000 registered members.

While Maven is providing platform services for AllHipHop, rest assured, AllHipHop.com continues to be 100%, privately owned by Chuck “Jigsaw” Creekmur and Grouchy Greg Watkins and we remain 100% in control of all content and editorial - again, this is simply a platform relationship.

Our new site offers significant improvements in functionality and a variety of advanced features for AllHipHop.com fans - some of them visible now and much more in the works - as well as a more stable and mobile-friendly experience.

Some of the new features to look for are:

* Easy to register via email, Facebook or Google account – just click “Follow”

* Ability to embed links to just about anything – images, videos, twitter, Soundcloud, stories from other sites, etc. - just as easily as Facebook.

* Sort stories by most popular, newest, or latest reply – just click Options at upper right

* Get notified about new stories from any of our new rooms (News, Rumors, Music, Etc) or the whole site – just click Options then “Turn on notifications”

* Easy to “like”, share, follow, or flag posts as spam or abuse – just click the 3 dots at upper right of a post or story

* Built-in video technology which will make it easier for us to deliver video, and eventually let you upload your own!

* They are also offering us unlimited capacity, hosting the site across dozens of servers on Amazon Web Services, which means we now have the ability to bring you decades of our exclusive videos and audio interviews that have been in our vault for years!

* Native apps for both iOS and Android on the way

We always dreamed of these kinds of resources but until Maven came along, other alternatives would either be too expensive, cost us control of our company or our content and ad inventory to one of these ad networks, which mostly specialize in jerking publishers.

Maven doesn't and will never do content and we are working with the company’s engineers to build a next generation website.

We appreciate your patience and look forward to bringing you AllHipHop.com for many more years to come!

Thank you for visiting us and we truly appreciate your support and every visitor.

Grouchy Greg Watkins and Chuck “Jigsaw” Creekmur

AllHipHop.com Founders
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How long we got?
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    How long we got?

They won't even tell us. I'll be mad if we're acting all somber if we had 3 months left
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    How long we got?

They won't even tell us. I'll be mad if we're acting all somber if we had 3 months left
    Look at it like this is Nov 8 2016, election night..

the inauguration is in January.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    How long we got?

Bruh, we ain't making it past then end of Q3.

w41ilkb2p40u.jpg

But what if it was tomorrow? A ? needs to make arrangements out here. Tell some posters some unsavory things...

Idk if I can put it off until Monday or until 2 Fridays from now
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of completely eliminating the forum format. How about further integrating the forums into the main site? IE: Having certain threads show up on the main page just like these editorials we're going for (with moderator approval, of course). Not all or any posts in the threads need to be on the main page since we know we're ratchet and ? , but comments made on the main page can show up in the threads. That way the community is beefing up the main site and vice versa.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How much is Maven stock btw?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopefully they didn't invest too much money into it, the maven that is. Cuz so far it doesn't seem like too many are going to post there. Maybe they are just waiting until this place is read only. I think this site is for the new breed of internet posters. It already looks like so many of the the platforms they use now it might draw more younger hip hop listeners to AHH. I've been to other forums where the vets are the vets and ain't no way you gettin in that crew after that long so the forum kind of stays divided. Slowly but surely the vets fall away talking about how the forum fell off and one by one they stop posting. Then a new community begins.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really hope they listening to this ? B. If we think it's trash than people on the outside will think the same thing more than likely. This ain't us just hating on a new idea it's us giving our opinions on something that's a part of our lives almost daily. If the beta was actually good then I'm sure people would be in here giving it props but it's the complete opposite of that. Hell I ain't even looked at the ? for myself cause the comments make me not want to.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Randomly saw this on twitter

drvbt3c1z2d2.png

:joy:

I just noticed my hand in this pic..wtf?

It looks like you were reaching for the doorknob Kathryn.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    I really hope they listening to this ? B. If we think it's trash than people on the outside will think the same thing more than likely. This ain't us just hating on a new idea it's us giving our opinions on something that's a part of our lives almost daily. If the beta was actually good then I'm sure people would be in here giving it props but it's the complete opposite of that. Hell I ain't even looked at the ? for myself cause the comments make me not want to.

Bruh, while I think they are taking into account our suggestions, I don't think it's going to look like what we got now. Probably take some getting used to.
This discussion has been closed.