2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    interested to see how Lebron and IT play together.....

Van Gundy just said IT compliments Lebron very well...
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh one of my boys said the vs are better than the cabs now my argument was they just let go two top defenders in the league who are they guarding

Two top defenders? Who?

Crowder and Bradley they where your guys defensively who's going to pick that up smart?

Crowder isn't one of the best defenders in the league, we got a good defender back for Bradley who can guard Lebron and Jaylen is already an elite defender, we good, and yes Smart still there
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »
    detcatinva wrote: »
    OJ Mayo was never gonna be a star.
    than m
    He had avg explosion and no elite quickness.

In high school he was older than his competition

Lol at you making comments like this in a league were guys like James Harden and Kyrie Irving get buckets.

they are more explosive
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh one of my boys said the vs are better than the cabs now my argument was they just let go two top defenders in the league who are they guarding

Two top defenders? Who?

Crowder and Bradley they where your guys defensively who's going to pick that up smart?

Crowder isn't one of the best defenders in the league, we got a good defender back for Bradley who can guard Lebron and Jaylen is already an elite defender, we good, and yes Smart still there

This whole post is delusional as ?
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Thats how you know this offseason has been insane when the 2k cover keeps being updated lol
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options

Didnt even realize Steve posted that do they even have time? The game ain't go gold hey but its Gonna be half celtic kyrie half cav kyrie across all their promotions because they can't change everything I would just leave it
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the Cavs did really good. Thats a good return, they are able to replace Kyrie with very similar production, and they get crowder to strenghten their bench, plus a young big with potential, and a lottery pick next year. Cant be mad at all as a Cavs fan.

I think the move works for Boston too. I dont think Kyrie is a huge upgrade over IT right off the bat, but with their young core of lottery picks, plus the lakers pick next year, getting a young star like Kyrie really gives them a longer window.

The criticism with Boston was always that by the time their young guys were gonna be ready to contribute, IT and Horford were gonna be old. Now with getting a young star in Hayward, and trading IT for a young star like Kyrie, they wont have that problem no more.

Now the real criticism of Boston is the fact that Hayward, Brown, and Tatum play the same position.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Ainge an idiot c's gave up way too much for a lateral move production wise but this makes them stronger contenders in the short term they just need to add rebounding/rim protection(robin lopez)

That's a good return for the cavs they retooled for next year.C's match up better vs the warriors if they make the finals.

Short term? Kyrie 25 IT 28, and now all of the sudden IT=Kyrie? Now all of the sudden that Brooklyn pick is too much when a month it might not be worth anything?

Come on

They gave up crowder,zizic(a player you were dickriding and raving about),the '18 nets pick for a player who has similar production as i.t.

It helps them short term cuz kyrie offensively is a beast and is match up problem for the warriors and now the cavs

They gave up all of that and STILL need rebounding/rim protection and refused to give up those assets for jimmy or pg which is why ainge is an idiot imo.

No it's not stupid because we signed Hayward and didn't give up anything, if rebounds ends up being our downfall then so be it but Baynes will be an upgrade over Amir and our offensive will be even more efficient, don't see rebounding being a problem like y'all want to make out
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmaoooo We STILL got Bazemore :joy:
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »

Two top defenders? Who?

Jaylen Brown is an elite defender my ? ?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/clutchpoints.com/jj-redick-cites-kawhi-leonard-jaylen-brown-as-toughest-defenders/amp/

Eye test says so as well
  • AZTG
    Options
    And Kyrie is a ? assasin but I never really rated him as high as some of yall. Yea he will get you 25 a night, but hes a over dribbling ass ? . Iso ball looks great but doesnt win games, especially in todays NBA.

With that said though, Brad Stevens is a great a coach, and now Kyrie dont have to play 2nd fiddle to someone he clearly disliked, so I can see him dribbling less and passing more in Boston, which really make Boston a threat.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

Two top defenders? Who?

This whole post is delusional as ?

Marcus Morris can't defend?
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So D. Rose a bench warmer now?
  • AZTG
    Options
    If true

2iimvp9snf0f.png

What this gotta do with basketball though?
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    If he bounces for NY in 2 years only way this is a bad deal and only good in short term and not long term as well
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all don't have to give Ainge credit if you don't want, in reality he's one of the greatest to ever do it

what?!
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    Y'all don't have to give Ainge credit if you don't want, in reality he's one of the greatest to ever do it

what?!

Tell me someone who has done it better?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited August 2017
    Options

[img]https://scontent-iad3-1.? .fbcdn.net/v/t34.0-12/21040569_10100321854123724_709583314_n.jpg?oh=ef965ca5977aade098e9e54774abe89d&oe=599F4712[/img]
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The best the cavs could get was IT, Crowder, that other ? n picks lol lol lol