Wallace wasnt go make that basket anyway
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    too bad the nba not sanctioning no film for that 30 for 30

gotta pretend it never happened

imagine seeing the jermain oneal sliding punch with the 30 for 30 piano keys in slow mo
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ckfree wrote: »

imagine seeing the jermain oneal sliding punch with the 30 for 30 piano keys in slow mo

Yeah, I'd like to see the whole game to see what lead up to that point. They said Wallace gave a hard foul to Artest a couple of plays before that but its not in the clip I posted.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »

Yeah, I'd like to see the whole game to see what lead up to that point. They said Wallace gave a hard foul to Artest a couple of plays before that but its not in the clip I posted.

most folks didnt see it live

it happened on a friday night

lot of folks only saw the replay
  • 5 Grand
    I remember seeing it on the news the following morning.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I was a senior in undergrad when that happen. Our whole suite watched that ? and the SportsCenter that was NOTHING but that ? for the rest of the night. ? was wild.

My thing was: I didn't have a problem with Ron-Ron swinging at someone throwing ? a him, because he was just laying on the scorers' table, minding his business while the refs was sorting everything out; he just hit the wrong guy. He went after the pencil-neck geek laughing at him in the black shirt, and not the cac ? in the hat and the Wallace jersey who threw it. That cac should got the business.

Jermaine O'Neal sliding right hook was the punch of the night tho. He laid dude OUT, and he should've. Muhfuckers need to learn: NEVER come onto the court.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was 19 and was home watching it. Was about to change the channel when the foul happened. ? was unreal. Easily the worst moment in NBA history. It was everywhere.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "bad" thing for the game and all but I loved how they ran on Detroit fans as a team

OG Jackson was already ready and none of the players wanted it, he saw Artest jump up and damn near beat him to the guy

Oneal w/ the bar fight tomahawk punches

Indiana wuz here ? ....they woulda got down to the gristle if nobody stopped it

Billy-D_Approves.gif
  • 5 Grand
    Mister B. wrote: »
    I was a senior in undergrad when that happen. Our whole suite watched that ? and the SportsCenter that was NOTHING but that ? for the rest of the night. ? was wild.

My thing was: I didn't have a problem with Ron-Ron swinging at someone throwing ? a him, because he was just laying on the scorers' table, minding his business while the refs was sorting everything out; he just hit the wrong guy. He went after the pencil-neck geek laughing at him in the black shirt, and not the cac ? in the hat and the Wallace jersey who threw it. That cac should got the business.

Jermaine O'Neal sliding right hook was the punch of the night tho. He laid dude OUT, and he should've. Muhfuckers need to learn: NEVER come onto the court.

Actually, Artest didn't hit the wrong guy, he just grabbed him by the shirt and asked him if he did it. The guy that actually threw the beer was behind Artest and threw some sucker punches. Thats when all hell broke loose.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in college and watched it live while drinking
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember watching this game live
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mister B. wrote: »

That ? was greatest of all time.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oneal hit that perfect Balrog punch. ? was playing Street Fighter his whole life waiting for the opportunity to show it off.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote: »
    I was in college and watched it live while drinking

Lol. Same for me. High and ? as a skunk.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »

He did I believe

I think I was 16 or 17 when this happened jus laying on the couch catching some hoops til pandemonium ensued, artest had made an effort not to get into anymore trouble after the big Ben scuffle n laid on the scorer's table, as y'all know he had been in quite a bit of ? n started off this season better than ever, but when that drink hit him, #WrapCity
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    changed the league forever...
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That pacers team was stacked and a title favorite

Brawl cost them a ring probably
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol

I was 19 when this happened...I didn't even the see the game....I was lying on the couch talking to a ? on the phone when she said there was a fight at the palace...I just brushed it off because sports was the last thing I wanted to talk to her about

The next morning I peeped the ? on Sportscenter and was mind-blown

Luckily for the Pacers that ? was in Auburn Hills...:If that game was in downtown detroit...they might not have made it out of the venue
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    "malice at the palace" that title still makes me laugh to this day
  • onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017

"What if I told you that one sliding punch would change the league forever..."