SATURDAY classic vs classic......who is tonights (wk 20) *battle royal edition*

Options
DR. JEK
DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2017 in The Reason
Welcome back ladies and gentlemen. This is the best one day a week song battles ever seen on the internet. We are interactive here where the voters get to be part of the prepping of match ups as well as the final decisions. Same basic hypothetical premise, if all the songs was on the radio same time which station you keeping it on?

Now last week I told y'all I had something in mind this week. I've decided to make this a West coast Los Angeles battle Royal. A few joints I want to give the opportunity to get a run. Ice Cube is the current top dog so here goes:

(Puts on my Dodgers fitted Hat)

In this corner we have Ice Cube with the monster going for win number 4 with Today was a Good day!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h4UqMyldS7Q

And in this Corner we have one of the best two man groups to ever do it, had to exempt Snoop because I have alot of him down the road but you still get your DPG fix, Tha Dogg Pound with "What would you do"
https://youtu.be/LRPSk7YI930

And in this corner I felt we needed a Compton Representative. Who's it gonna be, The Game, Quik, Kendrick? Well I've decided they all like Snoop will also have individual shots one on one down the road so ladies and gentlemen Mr. Mc Eiht with the powerful "Straight up Menace"
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=usVJmSN5Bso

Challenger 4 Ice Cube will actually get to face himself this week. Brought a few friends with him tho. Please throw your Dubs in the air for the Westside Connection with "Bow Down"
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AQiUJlRa0N8

And last but not least Ima save Pac also for a sick ass battle a few weeks from now but he himself Once spit "It wouldn't be L.A without Mexicans" so I felt the need to show some love here. Ladies and gentlemen please welcome Cypress Hill with "How I could just ? a Maaaan"!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg-RIOATCbU#

VOTE OR DIE!!

SATURDAY classic vs classic......who is tonights (wk 20) *battle royal edition* 17 votes

It was a Good Day
47%
lion_heartqawshunmoyoCoolJoeNah SonT. Sanfordbck145KnowReasonForPeace 8 votes
What would you do
5%
DR. JEK 1 vote
Str8 up menace
35%
HustleThaDonIbexits....JOHN BTheGOAT5onblackhandsideQiv_Owan 6 votes
Bow Down
5%
HarlemThumzUp 1 vote
How I could Just ? a Man
5%
dwade206 1 vote

Comments

• 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Str8 up menace
    I liked all deez songs......Str8 up Menace at least a top 20 hip hop song of all time to me nugga!

Good day top 10 all day.....but i picked Good day in the other thread so i'll pick Str8 up menace this time.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    What would you do
    I liked all deez songs......Str8 up Menace at least a top 20 hip hop song of all time to me nugga!

Good day top 10 all day.....but i picked Good day in the other thread so i'll pick Str8 up menace this time.

good looking out bruh
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Str8 up menace
    Classic storytelling by Eiht
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Str8 up menace
    Easy
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    What would you do
    Uppin for votes
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Str8 up menace
    Suprised Eiht gettin love like this
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    What would you do
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Suprised Eiht gettin love like this

Me too, but I kinda like that, if anyone deserves an upset it's him. He been slept on for a minute.
  • DR. JEK
    edited August 2017
    Options
    What would you do
    Congrats to Mc Eiht pulling off the upset.

(Shouldn't be an upset though, Menace is a dope song)

Won a close one 6-5.

Ice cube held it down for a while but one thing about these battles, surviving week 4's and week 8's are tough. Cube should know because he put a stop to Reminisce week 8. I wanna thank everyone for voting. In the up coming weeks I have some challengers that were sent to my inbox that I'm gonna allow to flood out. I will catch y'all next week
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bow Down
    Goin wit Bow Down , during that time cube putting together the 1st west coast supergroup pre warriors. They was bangin hard on ? who wasn't respectin the W
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    What would you do
    Goin wit Bow Down , during that time cube putting together the 1st west coast supergroup pre warriors. They was bangin hard on ? who wasn't respectin the W

Now I usually won't allow a vote that comes after I wrap it up, but since it has no effect on the outcome and I thought way more people shoulda voted for Dub SCG ...I will allow it, good looking out. I thought Bow Down was gonna be the joint to push Good day outta all of them, go figure. * shrugs *
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was a Good Day
    I liked all' these songs, but "Today was a good day" is one of the greatest songs of all' time. "Str8 up menace was a ? too tho, it was hard as hell to pick against but i had to go with Oshea on that one.