JOE B SAYS CAMRON IS THE REASON FOR THE SUCCESS OF THE SOUTH & CAM'S THE REASON THEY LISTEN TO THEM

Options
MARIO_DRO
MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2017 in The Reason
FOLKS JUST SAY ANYTHING THIS DAYS..

HE WENT ALLLLLL THE WAY TO LIL WAYNE...HE BYPASSED OUTKAST (WHICH HAD THE WHOLE NYC HATING ON THEM AT THE SOURCE AWARDS)

https://youtu.be/kxuxYrRRLUM?t=5m23s

JOE B SAYS CAMRON IS THE REASON FOR THE SUCCESS OF THE SOUTH & CAM'S THE REASON THEY LISTEN TO THEM 55 votes

GTFOH
69%
[Deleted User]miami canesapp08_2001tharealest561damnkpaneed123Trillaaaaaad.greenanduinineedpussyLcnsdbyROYALTYmoyogman82The ProdigalsonDOPEdweebzfranknittiThe Lonious MonkL.O.S.T.ShizlanskyTheBoyRo 38 votes
YEAH, JOE IS CORRECT
30%
usmarin3joeyfkncrakkprofessor xqawshunilledoutokaayMorganFreemanKingCabana_Da_DonVulcanRavenFigosilverfoxxCashmoneyDuxSheerExcellenceblackgod813ListencloserEmM HoLLa.The_Jackal 17 votes

Comments

• ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH
    So I guess master p never existed
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's wrong cuz The South put in work from the West to the East to the Midwest !!!
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i see what he's sayin and he has a point but he said it wrong/or in a way that makes it like he forgot bout outkast and even those b4 them. he aint mean to disrespect tho
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YEAH, JOE IS CORRECT
    I like cam so im go with it
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    He didn't say the south was never on he said over in the north east.

The south been put work in but wasn't really messed with up in the tristate outside of afew folks
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Remember Nore started ? with Cash Money 1st. The East was ? with them especially Juve & BG. But The Wayne that rhymed with Nore & the Wayne that rhymed with Cam on Suck It Or Not are totally different.

I just think what would've happened if Cam kept Webbie on Suck It Or Not instead
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH
    Remember Nore started ? with Cash Money 1st. The East was ? with them especially Juve & BG. But The Wayne that rhymed with Nore & the Wayne that rhymed with Cam on Suck It Or Not are totally different.

I just think what would've happened if Cam kept Webbie on Suck It Or Not instead
    NORE ? WITH PROJECT PAT FIRST I BELIEVE
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    GTFOH
    Master P claiming a lot of the market share in the wake of Big and Pacs death is what opened the door for the south takeover, they'd already had a voice in the form of outkast, ghetto boys, score face, Luke, and others. Master P signing snoop is really what took the south to another level, because he was still a very, very big name at the time. And that brought everyone's ears to the south, and no limit.

Then cash money taking the reins from no limit and making it fresher, then essentially changing what puff was doing with those shiny suits and turning it into the bling bling era/Flossin season once cash money slowed down and restructured then came lil john, jeezy, tip, gucci and the whole southern brigade round 03-04 after the GRODT tidal wave, and the rocafella break up, along with murda inc folding up, as well as ruff Ryders all but disappearing.

From there, Wayne becoming WAYNE, and influening just about every lil ? in the country, the trap sound, and crunk dominated for 3 to 4 years, add a few dances to it and you have the era of southern dominance.

Dip set had a run, and a great wave, but it had nothing to do with the south. They were dope on their own, They deserve credit for killing Big clothes though, Jim Jones deaded that ? with the pseudo rock star look, then it evolved to other way too corny ? .

I didn't even need to watch that video to know dude is wrong.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It doesnt matter who ? with them. Nore, Cam, or Ruff Ryders. ? was going to happen. Record companies saw the writing on the wall. The south was popping everywhere else. If it wasnt Cam it was going to be someone else.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe put drake >>>> cam and black thought so I'm not listening to nothin else
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trollio wrote: »
    Webbie on suck it or not wouldve been hilarious

He's the OG version
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's 3 Souths.

The Outkast/Ugk/no limit/Big KRIT South

The lil wayne, ludacris, ti, Gucci, jeezy, Ross, young Dro south

and the crunk, snap, mumble gimmick rap South
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Master P claiming a lot of the market share in the wake of Big and Pacs death is what opened the door for the south takeover, they'd already had a voice in the form of outkast, ghetto boys, score face, Luke, and others. Master P signing snoop is really what took the south to another level, because he was still a very, very big name at the time. And that brought everyone's ears to the south, and no limit.

Then cash money taking the reins from no limit and making it fresher, then essentially changing what puff was doing with those shiny suits and turning it into the bling bling era/Flossin season once cash money slowed down and restructured then came lil john, jeezy, tip, gucci and the whole southern brigade round 03-04 after the GRODT tidal wave, and the rocafella break up, along with murda inc folding up, as well as ruff Ryders all but disappearing.

From there, Wayne becoming WAYNE, and influening just about every lil ? in the country, the trap sound, and crunk dominated for 3 to 4 years, add a few dances to it and you have the era of southern dominance.

Dip set had a run, and a great wave, but it had nothing to do with the south. They were dope on their own, They deserve credit for killing Big clothes though, Jim Jones deaded that ? with the pseudo rock star look, then it evolved to other way too corny ? .

When Wayne started to bubble, No Limit and Cash money was one their last leg. TI was hot and Jeezy was fire. Lil Wayne attached himself to Dipset even claiming them and repping the bloods to make him more popular. He had a buzz with the Carter album and his mixtapes were hot. But Being close to the Dipset who was popping at that time definitely help elevate his career. He now had the South and east coast in his pocket. Which at that time was the two biggest markets.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    GTFOH
    One of the stupidest things I heard from Joe Budden and hes in my top 3.
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YEAH, JOE IS CORRECT
    Cam and dip set killed traditional NY hip hop and opened the door for southern influence in the North East.

How the ? did this get no signs? ? is facts. Dipset accellerated that LA blood gang ? in NY too. ? Dipset for turning NY into ? riders.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTFOH

When Wayne started to bubble, No Limit and Cash money was one their last leg. TI was hot and Jeezy was fire. Lil Wayne attached himself to Dipset even claiming them and repping the bloods to make him more popular. He had a buzz with the Carter album and his mixtapes were hot. But Being close to the Dipset who was popping at that time definitely help elevate his career. He now had the South and east coast in his pocket. Which at that time was the two biggest markets.

Lil wayne's mixtape series' is what brought him to the light, he was on that blood ? because of Mack 10. You ? NY ? I swear bruh...? was not waitin on that Wayne and Juelz album to hear Juelz B.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YEAH, JOE IS CORRECT
    Trollio wrote: »
    Webbie on suck it or not wouldve been hilarious

He's the OG version

An he killed that ?
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lil wayne's mixtape series' is what brought him to the light, he was on that blood ? because of Mack 10. You ? NY ? I swear bruh...? was not waitin on that Wayne and Juelz album to hear Juelz B.

Dipset made it cool to be a fake Blood. outside the western half of the country. Nobody was talking about Mack 10 in music. His career had been over in the mid 2000s. And Wayne wasn't repping blood hard until he started to hang with Dipset. Not say Mac 10 didn't but him down. But that wasn't what he was selling. His mixtapes got him hot, but hanging with Cam and them got him bazing on the whole east coast. And I'm from NJ ? .
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YEAH, JOE IS CORRECT
    I did not listen to this interview. However, I will say as far as nyc goes, cam'ron had a big influence on diversifying what people listened too.

even before co-signing wayne. He had mixtape joints with T.I. before a lot of dudes in nyc was messing with t.i like that. He had wayne and baby on the oh boy remix back in 2002. And even looking at other regions, he had the lunatics on his mixtapes and even did songs with twista and ? .

not to mention he always toured down south and even remade bout it bout it, at a time when a lot of ny'ers were not messing with the south like that. did he invent the south? NO, of course not. but did he bring a southern vibe to ny sound, yes.

did he have uptown saying "bout it bout it" yes. did he have uptown checking old twista albums and adreneline rush, yes.

and he was forever shouting out ohio and all other kinds of cities in the midwest. and giving props to all kinds of folks even doing songs with bonecrusher and rapping over gucci mane and oj da juicemayne beats, at a time when nyc'ers were booing oj da juiceman off stage...

how can anyone say cam didn't help influence south in nyc?
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the fans in the south co-signing Dipset gave dispset power ...

There have been time when Ny was not so hott

but you had south nuccaz like Paul Wall and others that was influenced by Dipset

I believe Dipset influenced the fashion not necessarily the music.

Dipset helped Dipset to me they didn't help South rappers to get recognized

but may have contributed to them getting more luv

Most definitely put Harlem on to the South but the other Boroughs maybe not as much

South had to collab with other Ny greats from those places like Queens etc.

To say the only reason NYC messes with the South is cuz of Dipset is not true imo ....