JOE B SAYS CAMRON IS THE REASON FOR THE SUCCESS OF THE SOUTH & CAM'S THE REASON THEY LISTEN TO THEM

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GTFOH
    Carter 1 and 2 is why the East coast ? with wayne and I hear no dipset influence

Wayne was spitting that fire on squad type before he linked up with Dipset
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YEAH, JOE IS CORRECT
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    I think the fans in the south co-signing Dipset gave dispset power ...

There have been time when Ny was not so hott

but you had south nuccaz like Paul Wall and others that was influenced by Dipset

I believe Dipset influenced the fashion not necessarily the music.

Dipset helped Dipset to me they didn't help South rappers to get recognized

but may have contributed to them getting more luv

Most definitely put Harlem on to the South but the other Boroughs maybe not as much

South had to collab with other Ny greats from those places like Queens etc.

To say the only reason NYC messes with the South is cuz of Dipset is not true imo ....

Ny still had things on smash during dipsets run so how did the south give them power ? Dipset didn't need a south co-sign. I agree that ny did mess with the south but you had to be official, like face and outkast etc
    I never really rocked with cash money. I honestly prolly only heard 5 juve songs no albums, i never liked bg i didn't like Wayne until the show me what you got freestyle.
    Master p and ghetto dope was dope.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cam was a fan of southern music and was tryna make it Okay for Northerners to ? with Southern music.

He collaborated with and incorporated a lot of southern ? in his music at times and yes he did Slow the tempo down in NY. Southerners have been rapping over slow tempos since early 90s.

Three 6 Mafia, Ludacris, TIP basically introduced the Trap sound during this time, Trick Daddy, Outkast, Lil Wayne, Lil Jon & the Eastside Boys and their Crunk Movement and many others was KILLIN ? at that time, so to say Camron was the Driving force behind that and the following success of the South is ? Blasphemous
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he aint lyin....What Means the World did have that bounce tho lol
  • mike06
    Cam was a fan of southern music and was tryna make it Okay for Northerners to ? with Southern music.

He collaborated with and incorporated a lot of southern ? in his music at times and yes he did Slow the tempo down in NY. Southerners have been rapping over slow tempos since early 90s.

Three 6 Mafia, Ludacris, TIP basically introduced the Trap sound during this time, Trick Daddy, Outkast, Lil Wayne, Lil Jon & the Eastside Boys and their Crunk Movement and many others was KILLIN ? at that time, so to say Camron was the Driving force behind that and the following success of the South is ? Blasphemous

this was all Joe was tryin to point out lol

alot of ya'll really take things too literally or waaaaaaaaay out of context
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Im looking it up on wiki Dipset got one platinum album
    Cam got one platinum

Juelz got one gold album

Im not sure if this is factual they may have more

but I never felt they was just super huge and it looks like a short run a couple years

that don't mean they don't have impact

but it aint like they going double platinum or platinum every time they dropped

people over hype dipset if they was so huge they would be triple platinum every time out

they just from Harlem and Harlem has a huge influence on Hip-Hop culture

it is what it is not taking nothing away but yall slightly over exagerating their influence

saying the South wasn't poppin in New York before them

They see the South holding it down so of course we are gonna get shine up there

of course we are gonna influence up there they started rapping like us

for the most part we aint never tried to rap like them

we always put that southern swag in our music
  • mike06
    edited August 2017
    who was NY really ? wit from the south like that before Wayne?...seriously....they boo'ed the ? outta Outkast at the Source awards in new york city....yes CMR and NL was poppin but don't act like ? was really ? with them like they was ? wit Wayne(even outside of the music)...once Wayne was embraced by Dipset who was embraced by NY as tha new hot ? at the time....what Joe is sayin makes sense
  • mike06
    once Wayne was "lyrically" embraced by the hip hop mecca it opened the doors for ? in the south who can spit to actually get some shine in NY where they notoriously ? on the south for years
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GTFOH
    this what these arrogant new yorkers/east coast ? do.. ignore the whole souths music from the late 80s to early 2000s then try to give a another new yorker credit for the souths 2000's to now success... then try to play ignorant or naive when folk call them out on it.
  • aneed123
    edited August 2017
    GTFOH
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    I'm guessing by success of the South he talking about the South taking over NY becuz outside of the East the South been popular ? been rocking with no limit and cash money way B4 Dipset started messing with em

rap a lot ,suave house no limit, hypnotized minds, screwed up click slip n slide dungeon family dsgb ....south been on
  • aneed123
    GTFOH
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Wayne was heavily influenced by Cam and Jay. If you listened to the early Squad Up tapes when Wayne started changing up his flow and delivery. He was rhyming on a lot of Jays beats and mimicking his flow. Then he started ? with Dipset and using the Heatmakerz beats. Wayne really started popping off when he embraced the east sound and punchline style. That's all factz!

south aint just lil wayne... he was poppin and popular before that and after that
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    aneed123 wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    I'm guessing by success of the South he talking about the South taking over NY becuz outside of the East the South been popular ? been rocking with no limit and cash money way B4 Dipset started messing with em

rap a lot ,suave house no limit, hypnotized minds, screwed up click slip n slide dungeon family dsgb ....south been on

When has anybody from these cliques and labels been hot and received well in NY before 2005?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Here we go....
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GTFOH
    When I was 14 I was living in Jersey. Reasonable doubt hadn't been out too long cause this ? around the way used to stay telling us how JayZ was the next big thing and we used to tell him to get the ? outta here wit that ? . Nore's super thug had just become a hit.

And ? was def. ? wit no limit, so I call ? .
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GTFOH
    I'm not in the East so if ? out there say they wasn't rocking with South music till Dipset I'll take y'all word for it but out West the South been successful out this way since the South and Cali are damn near related
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what i can remember UGK was the 1st to collab with Lord Jamar on the Dont be a Menace soundtrack. After that Face collabed with Nas on Favor for a Favor (best collab EVER). The south been had NY influence WAY before Dipset. Joe Buddens should know this
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what i can remember UGK was the 1st to collab with Lord Jamar on the Dont be a Menace soundtrack. After that Face collabed with Nas on Favor for a Favor (best collab EVER). The south been had NY influence WAY before Dipset. Joe Buddens should know this

That's not what he's saying though
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GTFOH
    The south had their OWN WAVE. Camron ain't have ? to do with it.
  • Lefty_
    GTFOH
    Fat Joe did a lot more than Dipset did to build that bridge from New York to Atlanta truth be told.
  • Lefty_
    GTFOH
    If it's taking too long to lock up bring it back...

Diddy introduce me to that
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Yorkers always boo people on award shows they use to the Apollo ....

Not all opinions are gonna be shown in a one venue when NY is a huge city

The Wayne generation sucks cuz they don't know they history of Hip-Hop

Think Wayne saved everything from The South ... smh

Scarface been had respect from the East .... in fact they won't get off his tip
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YEAH, JOE IS CORRECT
    Juelz Santana is the protype for Lil Wayne.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GTFOH
    Juelz Santana is the protype for Lil Wayne.

Wrong
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GTFOH
    Cam and dip set killed traditional NY hip hop and opened the door for southern influence in the North East.

I'd say Puffy moreso did that with the Shiny Suit era. He commercialized NY hip hop to the point that the super pop friendly southern ? could slide in.