Which song went da hardest? (Nas Hip Hop is dead edition)

2»

Comments

• jim1000
    jim1000 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    jim1000 wrote: »
    Play on playa was dope too, two years earlier Snoop was dissing Nas in interviews and Nas went at him on Streets disciple, it was cool to see them do a track and Nas zoned out on that Storch beat, ten times better than that throwaway Dre beat Hustlers

Are u talking about the Nas/Tupac confrontation?? I only asked because Snoop decided to change up the version lately saying how Nas could have gotten Pac killed.

He only started saying that after 06, before that he was saying "Pac punked Nas", they asked Nas about it he said he didn't know where all that was coming from but ? bless him, then he got at him on the 3rd verse of Nazareth Savage

I like Snoop but that was some ? move by him to change it up later on. I thought I saw something about where he said that Pac punked and checked Nas even though Nas had more goons with him than Pac.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Nas (Feat. Jay-Z) - Black Republican
    Hold Down the Block still my favorite song on that album despite the ? drums. It was like the unofficial follow up to Nothing Lasts Forever off The Lost Tapes.
  • jim1000
    jim1000 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Play on playa was dope too, two years earlier Snoop was dissing Nas in interviews and Nas went at him on Streets disciple, it was cool to see them do a track and Nas zoned out on that Storch beat, ten times better than that throwaway Dre beat Hustlers

Are u talking about the Nas/Tupac confrontation?? I only asked because Snoop decided to change up the version lately saying how Nas could have gotten Pac killed.

He only started saying that after 06, before that he was saying "Pac punked Nas", they asked Nas about it he said he didn't know where all that was coming from but ? bless him, then he got at him on the 3rd verse of Nazareth Savage

I like Snoop but that was some ? move by him to change it up later on. I thought I saw something about where he said that Pac punked and checked Nas even though Nas had more goons with him than Pac.

Yea I just heard the version you were talking about which is 2004 right?? He didn't really diss Nas, he made it seem like Pac sonned him according to what Pac told him. Snoop from day one pretty much said that Nas was gangster and could have gotten Pac killed that night or is there another version that I'm missing??
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea I just heard the version you were talking about which is 2004 right?? He didn't really diss Nas, he made it seem like Pac sonned him according to what Pac told him. Snoop from day one pretty much said that Nas was gangster and could have gotten Pac killed that night or is there another version that I'm missing??

That sounds like the most recent version where he said Nas was just as gangsta and gave that head nod like aight we done here and all them goons behind him followed suit, but it had to be 03 in an interview where Snoop was being disrespectful, and Nas responded with a ? bless, I remember that ? clearly I think it was even on the front page of this very site back in those days
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nas - Hustler (ft. The Game)
    Black Republican was a let down, "Success" off of American Gangster was the true collab that I wanted to hear between Jay and Nas. "Hustlers" was a dope track, Game and Nas both went in
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    bkkbully wrote: »
    Black Republican was a let down, "Success" off of American Gangster was the true collab that I wanted to hear between Jay and Nas. "Hustlers" was a dope track, Game and Nas both went in

Success is better I agree. One of my all time favorite songs. Like Ra on The Watcher 2 Nas matched Jay toe to toe by spitting a quarter of the number of bars Jay spit on the same track. Epic ? .
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nas - Hustler (ft. The Game)
    Can't believe Black Republicans got 17 more votes Hustlers which got a better beat, better hook, and both rappers spit equally dope on it.

• trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I listen to wack ?
    Black republican hasn't aged well. Lazy azz Jay verse. Hustlers is a standard Dre track. Nas killed both them ? tho. There are much better songs on that album..
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of beefs got squashed in 06, Snoop and Xzibit on a track on Games album was significant to me to, DPG too

a lot of dope albums that year too

HHID, Blue Carpet Treatment, Doctor's Advocate, How I Got Over, I think Hell Hath No Fury came out that year too.
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay flow was the only thing good on black republican
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭

dunno but if that was a diss it was a reach like take over