The Official Boxing Thread

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol I was mostly joking about T.I. winning, but you Floyd dickriders are hilarious if you think he would survive longer than 10 seconds against anyone with even a basic understanding of takedowns. Hell T.I. has just as much experience in combat sports as Floyd has with defending takedowns or kicks to the leg.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol I was mostly joking about T.I. winning, but you Floyd dickriders are hilarious if you think he would survive longer than 10 seconds against anyone with even a basic understanding of takedowns. Hell T.I. has just as much experience in combat sports as Floyd has with defending takedowns or kicks to the leg.

Then you woke up
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Then you woke up

Pay him no mind he's a troll
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Then you woke up

Come on bruh? Be objective for a second. Floyd has no takedown defense skills whatsoever and he does not have one punch KO power. How exactly is he going to defend himself against someone with even basic wrestling skills? How many times during their fight could Conor have slammed the ? out of Floyd if he really wanted to? Stop confusing the mastery of a combat sport with invincibility in a fight. Boxing may be one of if not the best striking art, but it has weaknesses that are easily exploited by people with a more versatile skillset.
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oscar's a dumb ? , couldn't even give a good reason why Canelo vs Conor is a good fight as opposed to Floyd vs Conor. He says Conor would stand toe to toe with Canelo, yet he didn't even do that with Floyd. I'm done with Oscar, I'll be streaming the GGG vs Canelo fight as of right now, I refuse to contribute to Oscar winning in any way.

• killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-horn-rematch-get-pushed-back-2018--119976
    Pacquiao-Horn Rematch Could Get Pushed Back To 2018

By Miguel Rivera

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum revealed that the rematch between Manny Pacquiao and Jeff Horn, for the World Boxing Organization welterweight title and tentatively scheduled for November 12 in Australia has not been finalized as of yet and there is the possibility now of the second fight heading to 2018.

Back in July, before a crowd of over 51,000 at the Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, Horn won shocking twelve round unanimous decision over Pacquiao to capture the WBO belt. There is an immediate rematch clause for Pacquiao to exercise.

"Manny is deciding if he wants a rematch this year or next year. If he decides to postpone it, we will make a fight for Jeff in November against a good opponent in Brisbane," explained Bob Arum to ESPN Deportes.

In the coming days, Arum hopes to travel to Manila to get Pacquiao's decision. The eight division champion, now 38 years old, is very busy with his full-time job as a senator in the Philippines.

Regarding Pacquiao's reasons for delaying the fight, tentatively for the first quarter of 2018, Arum said:

"I imagine he has many duties as a senator, he is no longer a young guy and the last fight was very physical, and he may need more time to get ready for a rematch. We'll know in the next few days. "

Regarding the future of Horn, Arum notes that either way he will fight in November against a first-rate opponent, although it would no longer be in the Suncorp Stadium.

"Horn would fight one of the best welterweights and try to do the same kind of business, maybe not the same as he would have done with Pacquiao and we'll have to adjust prices, look for a smaller place, but if Manny can not fight until the next year - we have a young champion and we have an obligation to keep him active," Arum said.

bet it's Horn vs Algeri
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    killap wrote: »

Oscar's a dumb ? , couldn't even give a good reason why Canelo vs Conor is a good fight as opposed to Floyd vs Conor. He says Conor would stand toe to toe with Canelo, yet he didn't even do that with Floyd. I'm done with Oscar, I'll be streaming the GGG vs Canelo fight as of right now, I refuse to contribute to Oscar winning in any way.

I been stop giving a,? bout his hating ? fake ass
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fishnets just be saying anything
  • JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    killap wrote: »
    http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-horn-rematch-get-pushed-back-2018--119976
    Pacquiao-Horn Rematch Could Get Pushed Back To 2018

By Miguel Rivera

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum revealed that the rematch between Manny Pacquiao and Jeff Horn, for the World Boxing Organization welterweight title and tentatively scheduled for November 12 in Australia has not been finalized as of yet and there is the possibility now of the second fight heading to 2018.

Back in July, before a crowd of over 51,000 at the Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, Horn won shocking twelve round unanimous decision over Pacquiao to capture the WBO belt. There is an immediate rematch clause for Pacquiao to exercise.

"Manny is deciding if he wants a rematch this year or next year. If he decides to postpone it, we will make a fight for Jeff in November against a good opponent in Brisbane," explained Bob Arum to ESPN Deportes.

In the coming days, Arum hopes to travel to Manila to get Pacquiao's decision. The eight division champion, now 38 years old, is very busy with his full-time job as a senator in the Philippines.

Regarding Pacquiao's reasons for delaying the fight, tentatively for the first quarter of 2018, Arum said:

"I imagine he has many duties as a senator, he is no longer a young guy and the last fight was very physical, and he may need more time to get ready for a rematch. We'll know in the next few days. "

Regarding the future of Horn, Arum notes that either way he will fight in November against a first-rate opponent, although it would no longer be in the Suncorp Stadium.

"Horn would fight one of the best welterweights and try to do the same kind of business, maybe not the same as he would have done with Pacquiao and we'll have to adjust prices, look for a smaller place, but if Manny can not fight until the next year - we have a young champion and we have an obligation to keep him active," Arum said.

bet it's Horn vs Algeri

Algeri gonna get a belt
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.boxingscene.com/de-la-hoya-very-disappointed-by-whites-personal-attack--120060
    De La Hoya Was "Very Disappointed" By White's Personal Attack

They were once good friends, but eventually became rivals when their pay-per-view events were set down three weeks apart at the same venue, the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya finalized a date of September 16th, on HBO Pay-Per-View, for Saul "Canelo" Alvarez to challenge IBO, IBF, WBA, WBC middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin.

It wasn't long before UFC President Dana White reached a deal to have his company star, Conor McGregor, take on comebacking five division champion Floyd Mayweather on August 26th, on Showtime Pay-Per-View.

The close proximity of the events created tensions between the executives.

And De La Hoya was losing his cool, as Mayweather-McGregor dominated the press clippings all over the world - taking much of the attention away from Canelo-Golovkin.

Last Friday, on the day of the official weigh-in, De La Hoya took to social media and gave a big "f* you" to the Mayweather-McGregor event and slammed both fighters for taking part in what De La Hoya still feels was a fraud on the public.

White fired back in harsh terms, asking if De La Hoya was "snorting coke and drinking ? again" - dig at De La Hoya's past struggles with substance abuse.

“Just trying to defend my sport,” De La Hoya said to the MMA Hour. “My sport gave me everything I have. My sport allowed me to win an Olympic gold medal, to win 10 world titles in six different weight classes. I've been boxing since I was 4 years old. I was a little fed up by what was taking place. Obviously emotions run through my veins and I was just defending the sport that I dearly love.”

“I just brush off [what White said to me]. I never attacked him personally, whatsoever. I was obviously very disappointed by his words. But it is what it is. I'm gonna continue defending the sport of boxing, I'm gonna continue respecting the MMA. And move on to Sept. 16.”
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone picked a winner for Canelo GGG yet?
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

GGG. You got Canelo? If so, bet $100.

@Rum Middleton
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mastery wrote: »

@Rum Middleton

Uhhh the way my Pay Pal is set up.....its not, so..

tumblr_inline_mzsy7us5Q31s4v4p9.gif[img][/img]
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got Canelo but it's a 50/50 fight to me. I won't be betting.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    I got Canelo but it's a 50/50 fight to me. I won't be betting.

Bet somethin' ? haha

@buttuh_b
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have Canelo or GGG winning.
  • King_MOEbra
    https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/deontay-wilder-luis-ortiz/80972

Looks like we are indeed going to get Wilder vs Ortiz for November 4th.

Ortiz is gonna finish off that wild-swinging hyena.
  • JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭

@Rum Middleton

We bet yet?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Who's next to engage in fisticuffs?
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Canelo but GGG will outbox him. Canelo's trick shots won't help him in this one
  • King_MOEbra
    In all seriousness, I will take GGG in a slugfest, but Canelo in a boxing match. Overall pick is for Canelo, but it's very close. He better stick to his game and not get into a brawl, or he will get knocked out.